THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+8
mo1905
Dillinger
sanguine
zand
Eddie
Paul1976
Andy12345
EvenMoreHeathen
12 posters

Censorship

Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Censorship - Page 4 Empty Re: Censorship

Post by Paul1976 Sun Sep 21 2014, 14:31

Andy12345 wrote:Mo would it be unethical to ask if Eddie is right, do they in fact send lots of reports about the threads?

From my experience 9 out of 10 times if a certain small 'group' of members post something along the lines of "If ever there was a thread that needed locking then it's this one" for example and within 10 minutes it's locked...whenever the same group of less than 10 object-Thread locking ALWAYS occurs...That's been my observation anyway.
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Sun Sep 21 2014, 14:58

Paul wrote:
    Andy12345 wrote:Mo would it be unethical to ask if Eddie is right, do they in fact send lots of reports about the threads?

From my experience 9 out of 10 times if a certain small 'group' of members post something along the lines of "If ever there was a thread that needed locking then it's this one" for example and within 10 minutes it's locked...whenever the same group of less than 10 object-Thread locking ALWAYS occurs...That's been my observation anyway.

That may be true Paul but they do listen to requests from others too. It's not just the antis they listen to, although it may seem that way. Maybe this group of less than 10 are the only ones complaining. Maybe others should complain more too.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Sep 21 2014, 15:07

zand wrote:
    Paul wrote:

That may be true Paul but they do listen to requests from others too.  It's not just the antis they listen to, although it may seem that way.  Maybe this group of less than 10 are the only ones complaining.  Maybe others should complain more too.

I used to hit the report button in the past if something was really offensive but nothing was ever done-once there was this most Homophobic comment made and all I got back was 'Report closed' and the outrageous comment remained,other real attacks on myself were ignored by the senior Mod so I gave up as I knew it was personal...I couldn't care less now-I know I'm very disliked over there and that's fine with me but I won't change my stance on LCHF ever.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sun Sep 21 2014, 15:10

Purely from my observation and relatively short time there, it did seem to appear that certain members carried a bit more clout than others. However, this is hardly surprising when you actually look at the amount of posts from certain members. The vast majority there hardly ever post !
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Sep 21 2014, 15:22

mo1905 wrote:

Purely from my observation and relatively short time there, it did seem to appear that certain members carried a bit more clout than others. However, this is hardly surprising when you actually look at the amount of posts from certain members. The vast majority there hardly ever post !

Take away the Spambots,the trolls,sock puppets and banned members and the numbers on the members list would be VERY different! over 100,000? more like just over 100 that actually post.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Sun Sep 21 2014, 15:24

thanks

Personally i love the place, it saved my life! i dont like all the folks there but then they dont like me so were even i spose Smile

my biggest gripe is when ive had delings with lunatics and been bashed by members (that is fine) the mods may have locked the threads etc but never came back to the thread to tell people that the lunatic was in fact a lunatic and so the bashers seemed to be justified, recently the phd and before the pilot dude who i helped kill (apparently) i think they should say why people get banned and let us discuss it, not just weild the sword and say nothing, it is stated tht its our way or go away, but that is harsh if you have put alot of time into the place, its not so easy to walk away after making connections with people, so i find that frustrating, i like the place though, most of the people are cool even the ones i disagree with or hate me (i suspect) lol its the management style i mostly disagree with, i also like the speed of it, where theres always something new to read or chat about

i love this place because its like minded people all living lower carb existance and there arent any morons (except me....go ahead zand, do that thing) and you guys are cool Smile

apart from Mo, Paul and Eddie, its going great Smile

i know saying anything nice about it will be unpopular but heyho, just keeping it virtually real Smile
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Sun Sep 21 2014, 15:27

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they thread lock you, then they ban you, then you win."

Apologies to Mahatma Gandhi

That is why many do not want to fight us openly, they know we will win.

Eddie
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Sun Sep 21 2014, 15:40

Andy12345 wrote:i love this place because its like minded people all living  lower carb existance and there arent any morons (except me....go ahead zand, do that thing) and you guys are cool Smile

OK but this is the last time for today.................you can have too much of a good thing you know Wink

Andy, you are not a moron:) Rolling Eyes
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sun Sep 21 2014, 16:00

*shivering with joy* ....there wasnt a smiley for that!
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Mon Sep 22 2014, 15:37

eddie1 wrote:He will never come over here, and nor will the likes of the long term low carb antis. On a level playing field they would be able to offer no sound argument or defence of their actions. For over six years the censorship has worked like this.

A low carber starts a post telling about good news and highly positive information re low carb. It starts to get a lot of attention from the members, in jumps a low carb anti and rocks the boat, swiftly followed by the clique. A bun fight ensues, the clique then bombard the mods with pm's bellowing for thread locking and banning. Most of the mods in recent years have the intellect of a grass hopper (not Mo or Ian) or have been so corrupt, even the money grabbing management fired them.

Other mods have almost no knowledge of controlling diabetes, however they are mega stars at the word games, other trivia and posting a cut and paste job to newbies promoting the disastrous NICE guidelines for diabetics. Meanwhile, the long time clique ensure the low carb nil/minimal method of safe and reliable method of safe diabetes control, does not get a strangle hold on the forum. This gets the seal of approval from the management, because the managements long term aim has been to sell or tie in the forum with big pharma, as proved when we published on our blog the statements made by Barry Summers Director at Diabetes Digital Media Limited - Diabetes.co.uk.

So, anyone from the DCUK management, or forum mods, or members, want to come over here and debate or refute what I said in this post ?

Eddie

Eddie, you've mentioned a few times the DCUK tie in with Pharma companies and hoping for a sell off, just wondered where you got this info from and how true it is ? Not saying you're wrong, I'm just surprised as would many members here as quite a few still regularly post there.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Mon Sep 22 2014, 16:01

i dont post for them, i post in the hopes i may get a good message across, if just one person gets help from the darkness i was in, its worth putting up with everything else
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Mon Sep 22 2014, 16:03

Andy12345 wrote:i dont post for them, i post in the hopes i may get a good message across, if just one person gets help from the darkness i was in, its worth putting up with everything else

Totally agree Andy and I'm pretty sure you've helped many and made many more laugh ! Not bad eh :-)
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Mon Sep 22 2014, 16:04

people say that but i doubt it, would they have got the same help had i not been there? yes, so ill never know if i actually made a difference but who knows, the next person may be the one Smile i live in hope
    Avocado Sevenfold
    Avocado Sevenfold

Female Posts : 258

Post by Avocado Sevenfold Mon Sep 22 2014, 16:55

My first experience of internet forums was years ago when I was fairly active on the eBay community boards. They had a rule that you were not allowed to discuss deleted posts or discuss sanctions/slaps received from the mods for rule breaking. Threads and posts were not locked, they were deleted. End of. It was firm but fair.

You would certainly not be allowed to start a brand new thread in order to post a link to a locked thread. Surely a thread is locked so that it disappears from the front page. It's like bloody Groundhog Day scratch
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Mon Sep 22 2014, 17:53

mo1905 wrote:
    eddie1 wrote:He will never come over here, and nor will the likes of the long term low carb antis. On a level playing field they would be able to offer no sound argument or defence of their actions. For over six years the censorship has worked like this.

A low carber starts a post telling about good news and highly positive information re low carb. It starts to get a lot of attention from the members, in jumps a low carb anti and rocks the boat, swiftly followed by the clique. A bun fight ensues, the clique then bombard the mods with pm's bellowing for thread locking and banning. Most of the mods in recent years have the intellect of a grass hopper (not Mo or Ian) or have been so corrupt, even the money grabbing management fired them.

Other mods have almost no knowledge of controlling diabetes, however they are mega stars at the word games, other trivia and posting a cut and paste job to newbies promoting the disastrous NICE guidelines for diabetics. Meanwhile, the long time clique ensure the low carb nil/minimal method of safe and reliable method of safe diabetes control, does not get a strangle hold on the forum. This gets the seal of approval from the management, because the managements long term aim has been to sell or tie in the forum with big pharma, as proved when we published on our blog the statements made by Barry Summers Director at Diabetes Digital Media Limited - Diabetes.co.uk.

So, anyone from the DCUK management, or forum mods, or members, want to come over here and debate or refute what I said in this post ?

Eddie

Eddie, you've mentioned a few times the DCUK tie in with Pharma companies and hoping for a sell off, just wondered where you got this info from and how true it is ? Not saying you're wrong, I'm just surprised as would many members here as quite a few still regularly post there.

From Barry Summers Director at Diabetes Digital Media Limited - Diabetes.co.uk

"Diabetes digital media limited owns and operates www.diabetes.co.uk - the largest diabetes information website in Europe receiving almost 10 million unique visitors per annum (800,000 people a month).The website has an active forum that has over 88000 members and when surveyed advised that the management of diabetes had improved since becoming a forum member. In addition we engage people with diabetes via Facebook and the diabetes.co.uk Facebook page has over 100,000 followers. We generate significant data from registered users and surveys, we recently conducted a survey with 20,000 diabetic patient responses to a 58 question survey gathered over a period of seven days.

The company is about to launch a market leading diabetes mobile app that will help people with diabetes throughout the world, with a reporting function allows readings to be provided to health care professionals.In mid 2014 we are launching a type 2 online education and wellness program that will offer an opportunity to reach type 2 patients worldwide to improve the health and management of the condition beyond medication. The program addresses understanding, nutrition, exercise and uniquely emotions and is scalable to reach a global audience compared to an offline program.

Mid 2014 we will be launching international sites in the image of diabetes.co.uk to expand the business reach globally with the knowledge that all the applications are able to become
    multi lingual.

The aim of our business is to improve the quality of life to our online viewers, by providing access to high quality tools and information and education delivered via multiple channels via laptop, tablet and mobile applications.

We are interested to hear from investors, M&A groups, strategic partners, health insurance or pharmaceutical companies who have an interest in improving outcomes in the management and control of diabetes throughout the world. An ideal turn key beyond the pill distribution channel."

Is it any wonder why so many low carbers were banned or bullied off the forum over the years ? Is it any wonder a small group of low carb antis have ruled the roost ? Low carbers will cost big pharma a fortune, the last thing they want is to get involved with a forum, that almost all the success stories, are talking about the low carb salvation for so many diabetics.

So there you have it folks, as I have said so many times before, DCUK an exploitation outfit, and the above confirms it. The truth always outs, it just takes time.

My red.

BTW The sales manager of DCUK done a Noblehead and deleted the big pharma spiel deal, when yet again we reported it on the The Lowcarb Diabetic blog.

Eddie
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Tue Sep 23 2014, 12:27

Wow ! How can they possibly be impartial given that info ! Cheers Eddie.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13 2024, 05:23