THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

Tell me what I am missing!

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Tell me what I am missing! Empty Tell me what I am missing!

Post by Eddie Sat Apr 30 2016, 21:19

Why do we have so many people join this forum, log in, once, and disappear as fast as their legs will carry them. OK I know it's the same at the forum of flog, 99% of the members never post or walked donkeys years ago, but ya know what I mean. run
    Derek
    Derek

Tell me what I am missing! Empty Re: Tell me what I am missing!

Post by Derek Sun May 01 2016, 13:55

Hi Eddie, I think the majority looking in are just seeking information.  Those joining may well want some communication but probably feel they do not want too much self disclosure because they are not looking for an on line community.
    Others may not want to pick up any baggage the prime movers carry! Smile
    We are what we are!

I guess the humour here may not go down well with some?

I find the advice and info here excellent and I am not concerned too much with negative ideas.
    Sad to say some come, join and disappear but it is the nature of internet forums of all shades. i have seen it happen many times and forums can fold as a result .
    regards
    Derek
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Sun May 01 2016, 21:16

Derek wrote:Hi Eddie, I think the majority looking in are just seeking information.  Those joining may well want some communication but probably feel they do not want too much self disclosure because they are not looking for an on line community.
    Others may not want to pick up any baggage the prime movers carry! Smile
    We are what we are!

I guess the humour here may not go down well with some?

I find the advice and info here excellent and I am not concerned too much with negative ideas.
    Sad to say some come, join and disappear but it is the nature of internet forums of all shades. i have seen it happen many times and forums can fold as a result .
    regards
    Derek

Good point's Derek, we knew from the outset being low carb orientated this was not going to a big forum, yes it is disappointing that so few post but on the plus side we get plenty of visitors and thread views so the message is still getting out

Graham
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Mon May 02 2016, 22:33

Agree with Derek, not just in the health/medical field, newsgroups (for us old folks who remember them before they became spam-filled wastelands), forums, blogs and for all I know Facebook and Twitter are mostly read-only media for many.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon May 02 2016, 23:33

I agree with all you guys, thanks for the comments. As Graham says people are reading the forum, so we carry on. Many thanks to the people that do comment.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Tue May 03 2016, 19:01

I dont post or even read very often lol

thats quite flattering as i never look at any forums or other diabetes related stuff on the net

to be honest the subject bores the crap out of me

i used to enjoy posting because i felt i had a usefulness, lots of newbie questions, lots of arguments which i really enjoyed, lots of people to hate lol (DCUK)

oh and evil mods that i delighted in tormenting and pushing my luck with, paul and graham, couldn't imagine wanting to torment them Smile

here everyone is cool and knowledgable and no morons, kinda boring, sorry Smile

im editing to say sorry for being a horrible person who thrives on fighting, I'm a keyboard warrior! other than I'm like that in real life too
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue May 03 2016, 20:15

Andy12345 wrote:I dont post or even read very often lol

thats quite flattering as i never look at any forums or other diabetes related stuff on the net

i used to enjoy posting because i felt i had a usefulness, lots of newbie questions, lots of arguments which i really enjoyed, lots of people to hate lol (DCUK)

oh and evil mods that i delighted in tormenting and pushing my luck with, paul and graham, couldn't imagine wanting to torment them Smile

im editing to say sorry for being a horrible person who thrives on fighting, I'm a keyboard warrior! other than I'm like that in real life too

"Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I'd strike the sun if it insulted me."  rofl  Herman Melville Moby Dick. Just call me Ahab affraid
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Tue May 03 2016, 21:19

Andy12345 wrote:I dont post or even read very often lol

Hey Andy understand what your saying but do keep popping in occasionally mate I do miss you humour:thumb-up:
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed May 04 2016, 23:31

Agreed!

Another thought, as the information spreads out through more and more blogs and other sites, so each one becomes smaller, but the whole gets ever bigger.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu May 05 2016, 17:37

chris c wrote:Agreed!

Another thought, as the information spreads out through more and more blogs and other sites, so each one becomes smaller, but the whole gets ever bigger.

So true, the low carb message gets stronger by the day. Even junk food outfits acknowledge the tide has turned. People are changing their food habits. They no longer believe saturated fats from natural sources are a health hazard. They are beginning to realise a high sugar/carb/starch based diet is not the way to go, if you want to remain healthy and control weight.

The war is far from over, but we are now winning all the battles, that being said, we must not become complacent, we must keep up the pressure.

Onwards and upwards.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat May 07 2016, 23:01

When you see low carb stories in the SUN (see above) then a milestone has been reached.

One interesting factoid, the comments following a low carb story in the Daily Mail are often far more enlightened than similar commenters in the Guardian or Independent.

I also wonder how many of the drive-by readers are actually dieticians or lawyers employed by dieticians . . .
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sat May 07 2016, 23:18

Given the glut of of good news re LC what I'm seeing is a concerted effort by dietitians especially to smear the proponents of a diet that is the saviour of diabetics
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat May 07 2016, 23:36

Yes and it's happening worldwide. I've read that as a result of the large improvement in health in Sweden, The Powers That Be are targeting LCHF.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 12:12