THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Eighth Anniversary

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Eighth Anniversary  Empty Eighth Anniversary

Post by graham64 Tue Apr 05 2016, 23:15

I'm a day late but on April 4th 2008 I was officially diagnosed with T2 diabetes Sad Being of an inquisitive nature I decided to do my own research and discovered what used to be a brilliant source of information for the newly diagnosed the DCUK forum. It was there I found about the benefits of LC from some truly knowledgeable people the support I received from the likes of Fergus Craig, Trinkwasser, Timo, Dennis and Dr Katharine et al was second to none, the camaraderie was an additional benefit as was the humour which at times was surreal (think Monty Beantipper) the characters that used to post included Kinky John Fowler, Stormin Norman, Baby Cheese and numerous others used to have me doubled up with laughter, unsurprisingly the anti's were less than impressed most having had a humour bypass Rolling Eyes

I can't say it's been an easy ride, not being overweight the normal rules didn't apply to me calorie restriction was a no go, whilst a non diabetic would be envied at being able to consume an unrestricted diet without weight gain it does pose difficulties for us skinny T2s. That being said the fact is LC has enabled me to stop the progression of my diabetes and as my medication is still minimal I expect it to stay that way for a long time yet

The naysayers say LC is unsustainable long term well just like Eddie did recently I'm still here proving them wrong after all this time, still waiting for the scurvy, osteoporosis, kidney and liver problems to manifest bitenails 

Mind you being constipated due to lack of whole grains and spuds for over eight years maybe a problem  Shocked (pun intended)
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Eighth Anniversary  Empty Re: Eighth Anniversary

Post by Jan1 Wed Apr 06 2016, 15:01

... and haven't those eight year whizzed by !

I too can remember those names you mentioned ... Eddie was often in danger of spilling his wine over the computer keypad such was the camaraderie and humour ...

But eight years on and LCHF  - blood sugars numbers those of a non diabetic.

To coin a certain phrase 'you know it makes sense why fight it' (permission was granted for me to use the epic words  Razz )

Take care

All the best Jan
    flower
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Wed Apr 06 2016, 21:19

Jan1 wrote:... and haven't those eight year whizzed by !

I too can remember those names you mentioned ... Eddie was often in danger of spilling his wine over the computer keypad such was the camaraderie and humour ...

But eight years on and LCHF  - blood sugars numbers those of a non diabetic.

To coin a certain phrase 'you know it makes sense why fight it' (permission was granted for me to use the epic words  Razz )

Take care

All the best Jan
    flower

Yes time does fly it only seems like yesterday, besides being a good place for newbies as I was at the time I learnt a lot about diabetes that certainly stood the test of time it was a welcoming fun place to be Cool
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Apr 06 2016, 22:22

Yup! I already knew quite a lot from elsewhere when I found DCUK and in those days it was actually impressively good.

Then the low carb antis started to gain power, culminating in the Night Of The Long Knives when thousands of posts, hundreds of threads and dozens of posters were eradicated from history.

Now it's less a forum to discuss diabetes and more a forum on HOW to discuss diabetes. Sad

Happy birthday anyway . . . have any doctors told you, as they told me recently, that you would be expected to be on at least two drugs, and possibly insulin, by now? And yet shown little interest in how you avoided that fate?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 11:17