THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

Toulouse Sausages

chris c
    chris c

Toulouse Sausages Empty Toulouse Sausages

Post by chris c Mon Mar 28 2016, 20:37

Can't find the thread where they were originally mentioned, but I had some this week, from one of the local free range pig farms.

Verdict: OK, but I still prefer the Gloucester Old Spot - nice and fatty and tasty from a vintage breed - or the wild boar or venison or Cumberland. The sausages I like least are the commercial types stuffed with rusk (carbs) and Lincolnshire because I'm not fond of sage, all the rest go down the hatch OK.

I'll be buying them again occasionally.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Toulouse Sausages Empty Re: Toulouse Sausages

Post by Jan1 Wed Mar 30 2016, 14:53

chris c wrote:Can't find the thread where they were originally mentioned, but I had some this week, from one of the local free range pig farms.

Verdict: OK, but I still prefer the Gloucester Old Spot - nice and fatty and tasty from a vintage breed - or the wild boar or venison or Cumberland. The sausages I like least are the commercial types stuffed with rusk (carbs) and Lincolnshire because I'm not fond of sage, all the rest go down the hatch OK.

I'll be buying them again occasionally.

Chris - I get the impression that if asked for your top three sausages those lovely Gloucester Old Spots would always top your list ...  Smile

I know we talked about Toulouse Sausages on the Forum in the 'What did you have for dinner thread' but I don't think the original 'Toulouse Sausage' post was published on the Forum ... if anyone would like to read it it's here:

http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/sausages-what-have-you-got-toulouse.html

Has anyone else got a particular make, or taste of sausage, that they tend to buy as a favourite ?

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Mar 30 2016, 22:15

Currently yes, but then it's been a while since I last did a tour of the local butchers and farm shops, they all have their specialities and often introduce new varieties.

Yes you're right, twas on the blog that I read about the Toulouse sausages.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 06:35