THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+6
EvenMoreHeathen
Paul1976
Two Collies
zand
Andy12345
Eddie
10 posters

So much action here my head is spinning!

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

So much action here my head is spinning! Empty So much action here my head is spinning!

Post by Eddie Tue Sep 16 2014, 19:18

OK, I would never have started this forum but for the fact Mo (on holiday) and Paul a long term friend, offered to moderate. I have noticed some are are logged in here around the clock, but hardly ever post. Now, call me what you like, I have been called it all in better places than this, but say something, even if it is to tell me to piss off. No disrespect to the people that post on a regular basis and trying to get this forum off the ground. As I said earlier, apathy is the worse thing in the world for success.

Eddie
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

So much action here my head is spinning! Empty Re: So much action here my head is spinning!

Post by Andy12345 Tue Sep 16 2014, 20:00

piss off
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

So much action here my head is spinning! Empty Re: So much action here my head is spinning!

Post by Andy12345 Tue Sep 16 2014, 20:00

well you did invite it lol
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Tue Sep 16 2014, 20:02

Andy that's so rude! Take no notice of him Eddie, he's not properly house trained.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Tue Sep 16 2014, 20:03

hmmmm this is just me thinking.... i think forum needs newbies and morons and trolls and arguments and head patters etc etc, we just have a dream team lol maybe it needs time mate
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Tue Sep 16 2014, 20:05

Yeh now you're talking sense Andy. Can I be a moron? And I'm good at arguing!

It needs time and a little effort from everyone, that's all
    Two Collies
    Two Collies

Male Posts : 133

Post by Two Collies Tue Sep 16 2014, 20:06

Mad Wither Apathy Eh? Mad
    Two Collies
    Two Collies

Male Posts : 133

Post by Two Collies Tue Sep 16 2014, 20:09

Andy12345 wrote:hmmmm this is just me thinking.... i think  forum needs newbies and morons and trolls and arguments and head patters etc etc, ...
    Some of us came here to avoid the morons & trolls! Arguments are good (if they are civilized) Newbies will come in time!
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Tue Sep 16 2014, 20:10

and maybe a weetabix sponsership? lol
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Tue Sep 16 2014, 20:11

i know mate i dont want trolls lol and im moron enough for the whole forum Smile
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Tue Sep 16 2014, 20:23

What we need...

1: Newbies in bucketloads
    2:Jousting with folks from the 'other side' of the diet spectrum...I learned about controlling my condition through reading such 'Hot debate' threads elsewhere.
    3:The '3 word story game'... Twisted Evil OK I'm pissing about on that one! affraid

But seriously folks,if you're a lurker but too afraid to post then come and join in-if you've got a genuine argument or point of view and are not here to simply 'troll' or make digs at the members in your first post then fire away and you will be allowed free speech without editing,thread locking and the usual 'Nanny moderation' that happens elsewhere!
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Tue Sep 16 2014, 20:28

ok ill start...

once upon atime

lol
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Tue Sep 16 2014, 20:29

that's 4 words you're cheating!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Sep 16 2014, 20:34

Andy12345 wrote:i know mate i dont want trolls lol and im moron enough for the whole forum Smile

Hi Andy, you remind me of the Roman Emperor Claudius, everyone thought he was a moron, but he knew how to survive, he was the last man standing and died of old age, in fact the cleverest man around.

Eddie
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Tue Sep 16 2014, 20:45

errr....yeah thats me.... Shocked

im a moron on the computer because it involves reading and writing, im more average in the real world, well the world of hairy smelly builders anyway Smile im not putting myself down when i call myself stupid, literally have to re read and edit everything i write, think homer simpson on a bad day Smile but hey who knows i may see you all out lol
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Sep 16 2014, 21:23

Don't put yourself down Andy, Jan edits and corrects almost everything I write. I am pretty good with numbers, but the English language is a mystery to me most of the time.

Eddie
    EvenMoreHeathen
    EvenMoreHeathen

Post by EvenMoreHeathen Tue Sep 16 2014, 21:59

Just trolling along, me Laughing

Signy
    Dillinger
    Dillinger

Male Posts : 209

Post by Dillinger Wed Sep 17 2014, 12:10

My sister in law earns $4,000 a month from just working on her computer.

And er, oh I can't be bothered to go with that.

Here's a genuine question though; if we all low carb how come we are all not skinny little Mick Jagger things? What's the answer to that then eh?

Best

Dillinger
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Wed Sep 17 2014, 12:17

Dillinger wrote:

Here's a genuine question though; if we all low carb how come we are all not skinny little Mick Jagger things? What's the answer to that then eh?

Best

Dillinger

Booze!!!!!! affraid I once read a comment on a blog that stated that all low carbers control their BG's with drink! If an 'Anon' poster says so it must be right eh? drunken

Cheers

Paul
    Dillinger
    Dillinger

Male Posts : 209

Post by Dillinger Wed Sep 17 2014, 14:02

Ah, that'll be it Paul, but as you know alcohol is not stored in the body so it must be constantly replaced.

In terms of apathy the thing that really annoys me is if I've spent a while writing a long post addressing someone's direct questions and then they can't even be bothered to acknowledge it by saying thanks.

That's even worse than the more common problem of people metaphorically shrugging when you say 'what you need to do is x,y and z'. Someone did that today on DUK by saying 'oh yes someone else said the same thing on another thread but "I found it too inconvenient." That sort of thing makes my blood boil; more inconvenient than a kidney transplant or blindness do you think?

But at least they have responded and you can file them under the 'f*#k you file'. Very Happy

Best

Dillinger
    Mud Island Dweller
    Mud Island Dweller

Female Posts : 228

Post by Mud Island Dweller Wed Sep 17 2014, 17:06

When l post it seems to kill the threads Crying or Very sad
    EvenMoreHeathen
    EvenMoreHeathen

Post by EvenMoreHeathen Wed Sep 17 2014, 17:07

Mud Island Dweller wrote:When l post it seems to kill the threads Crying or Very sad

No it doesn't ! Laughing

Signy
    Mud Island Dweller
    Mud Island Dweller

Female Posts : 228

Post by Mud Island Dweller Wed Sep 17 2014, 17:18

Only cause you couldn't resist Razz
    EvenMoreHeathen
    EvenMoreHeathen

Post by EvenMoreHeathen Wed Sep 17 2014, 17:31

Mud Island Dweller wrote:Only cause you couldn't resist Razz

How well you know me Laughing

( see? It's still going ! ) Laughing Laughing

Signy
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Wed Sep 17 2014, 18:13

Guys, I've been busy all day and missed so much fun here. Sad Or it is because I've been away that you've had so much fun?) Sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 23:39