THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

Memo to Paul

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Memo to Paul Empty Memo to Paul

Post by Eddie Thu Feb 04 2016, 11:48

Would it be possible to add three or four noughts to our number of members total, then we could claim to be the largest diabetes forum in East Smethwick. Idea
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Memo to Paul Empty Re: Memo to Paul

Post by Paul1976 Thu Feb 04 2016, 11:51

rofl rofl
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Feb 04 2016, 11:59

I am waiting with baited breath for the announcement of the new mods. My inside man says Sid is to be made senior mod, I reckon he is winding me up. Sid would never be made a mod, for starter's he is too honest. He may be shot away, but he has been totally consistent all these years, albeit wrong. Say what you like about Sid, but everyone knows where they stand with that bloke. mrgreen
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Thu Feb 04 2016, 12:58

can't be announcing it yet, id have had an email or something I'm sure, can't imagine id just be able to login as mod without notice
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Feb 04 2016, 13:40

Andy12345 wrote:can't be announcing it yet, id have had an email or something I'm sure, can't imagine id just be able to login as mod without notice

Don't hold your breath Andy, they will not be closing the vote until the end of the month. The way people are walking from the flog a big chunk of the nominees will have gone by then.

"Nominations will close on 31/1 and then nominee apps will be collected (we'll PM/email you and let you know too), reviewed (history, length of membership, warnings, bans, etc - we'll discuss this with you, too) and the official vote for new moderators is *scheduled* for Feb 8 - to close on 29/2."

This I find interesting.

"We're looking to expand the team of moderators (ideally with at least 5 new mods) as the membership has grown rapidly over the last 12 months."

There has not been a massive increase in active members over the last 12 months, so why the need for "at least 5 new mods" when the place already has half a dozen kicking their heels. Could it be the management has woken up as to why the place is slowly dying, and why so many of the most experienced and knowledgeable members have walked. Let's face it why does the flog need at least 10 mods. One thing is for sure, the Cherub and Nobblyhead can't be amused, but then again maybe they have some fancy new title lined up for them. Chief Generalissimo's of forum propaganda, banning and deletion or the like.

"Being nominated for a mod position is a compliment - it reflects the support, compassion and positivity you bring to this community - a community that is helping people get better, simply by talking to each other."

The fact is countless supportive, compassionate and positive members have been banned. But when did fact have any meaning at the flog.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Thu Feb 04 2016, 13:43

more puzzling, they know who they think would be good, the same ones they will pick from the list, why not just PM them an invite?
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Feb 04 2016, 13:55

I see it as a form of click bait. They constantly change the layout, this gets the members up in arms and posting. The screens too bright, the colour hurts my eyes, what happened to my signature, I'm a type one but I am listed as one of those fat bastard type two's etc. etc. Jeez, some muppet very near had a thrombie yesterday because their green dot had disappeared.

The flog, I luv it, never ever a dull moment.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Thu Feb 04 2016, 14:00

maybe its an optimisation thing, our website people make us change everything every year, even if we like how it is, apparently google likes it if you do it, beats the shit outta me
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Feb 04 2016, 14:02

Eddie wrote:I see it as a form of click bait. They constantly change the layout, this gets the members up in arms and posting. The screens too bright, the colour hurts my eyes, what happened to my signature, I'm a type one but I am listed as one of those fat bastard type two's etc. etc. Jeez, some muppet very near had a thrombie yesterday because their green dot had disappeared.

That's what happens when they try to be all things to all people-However ridiculous the request-Admin grant it now it would seem with crap along the lines of..."Oh,I want a Hug button as that's what people need-Bugger real dietary advice that may reverse your diabetes as tea and hugs is what's wanted" and just like magic-admin adds one! Pass me the sick bucket! puke
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Feb 04 2016, 14:05

All the members forum layout change requests have turned it into this...

mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Thu Feb 04 2016, 14:07

Eddie wrote:I see it as a form of click bait. They constantly change the layout, this gets the members up in arms and posting. The screens too bright, the colour hurts my eyes, what happened to my signature, I'm a type one but I am listed as one of those fat bastard type two's etc. etc. Jeez, some muppet very near had a thrombie yesterday because their green dot had disappeared.

Totally agree. Trying too hard to get the members buy in ! Hug button ? Ridiculous. They need a moderator eject button !
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Thu Feb 04 2016, 14:08

Give it time, I'm not being appointed until next month
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Feb 04 2016, 14:09

Andy12345 wrote:Give it time, I'm not being appointed until next month

I thought they were making you admin mate. mrgreen
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Feb 04 2016, 14:11

mo1905 wrote:

Totally agree. Trying too hard to get the members buy in ! Hug button ? Ridiculous. They need a moderator eject button !

Agree, how long before they have a forum for one legged albino transvestites with a hair lip.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Thu Feb 04 2016, 22:26

It would appear some of the members think the forum has "gone to the dogs" Shocked Shocked Shocked

Memo to Paul Capture%2Btorq

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 13:00