THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

Ground almonds reduced at Asda

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Ground almonds reduced at Asda Empty Ground almonds reduced at Asda

Post by graham64 Sat Sep 13 2014, 23:53

I usually buy ground almonds from Aldi but recently the shelves have been empty so I've been paying £2 at Sainsburys for 200g, In Asda today they are £1 for 150g a bargain.

Graham
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Ground almonds reduced at Asda Empty Re: Ground almonds reduced at Asda

Post by Jan1 Sun Sep 14 2014, 00:06

graham64 wrote:I usually buy ground almonds from Aldi but recently the shelves have been empty so I've been paying £2 at Sainsburys for 200g, In Asda today they are £1 for 150g a bargain.

Graham

I think a lot of us low carbers have been visiting Aldi and emptying the shelves  lol!

But that is a very good price at Asda thanks for letting us know.

Has anyone got a favourite recipe that they use ground almonds for  Question

All the best Jan
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sun Sep 14 2014, 00:13

graham64 wrote:I usually buy ground almonds from Aldi but recently the shelves have been empty so I've been paying £2 at Sainsburys for 200g, In Asda today they are £1 for 150g a bargain.

Graham

Good spot Graham! Very Happy My Aldi doesn't even stock them at all now it would seem and I've paid around the 2 quid mark at Tesco myself but a quid a pop at Asda=Happy days! Smile
    No wonder Tesco's are struggling..."Every little helps" eh? Well they got the 'Little' right for sure when it comes to saving money! Sad

Paul
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sun Sep 14 2014, 00:21

Jan1 wrote:

Has anyone got a favourite recipe that they use ground almonds for  Question

Hi Jan!

I usually use them the most for a low carb stuffing with the roast chicken but the recipe I use isn't mine but from a member of another forum but I can link to it Smile

http://www.diabetessupportforum.org/recipes-menu/recipe/47-stuffing.html

I use slightly less salt than the recipe specifies as it tasted too salty with what the recipe stated and I used more butter which makes it more moister I found but it depends on personal taste. Smile

Best regards

Paul

EvenMoreHeathen
    EvenMoreHeathen

Post by EvenMoreHeathen Sun Sep 14 2014, 10:32

Ahh! Thanks for the tip off ! Very Happy

I used to get mine from Aldi but there has been none for months . When I make a rare visit to Newcastle I stock up at the Asian supermarkets because all stuff like linseeds and ground almonds awe waaaay cheaper and come in much larger bags . But I still run out between visits and get grumpy at Tesco prices, and full on incensed at Waitrose Evil or Very Mad

There's a fantastic recipe for cheesy muffins that can be adapted for sweet ones in a truly great cookbook from http://www.diabetes-support.org.uk/info/?page_id=175

Signy
    AliB
    AliB

Female Posts : 377

Post by AliB Sun Sep 14 2014, 17:00

Lidl still has them but I noticed they've gone from £1 per pack to £1.49 which is annoying.  They had them on special offer back to £1 a few weeks back and i grabbed a few packets, but they've gone back up now.  I think the packs are 180 gms, and I'm sure they used to be 200.

Julian Greaves used to be a good source, they often had packs reduced, but they've gone now.

You are right about the Asian shops.  I take a trip down to Swansea now and again to stock up on unusual stuff I can't get elsewhere.  The big Tesco down there used to have a separate Asian section with huge bags of almonds & coconut flour, etc., and that was very handy, but they've turned it into a cheap and nasty optical centre.....(the one pair of glasses i got from them kept breaking).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 14:29