THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+4
Eddie
Two Collies
Andy12345
Martin1
8 posters

And the world can breath again...

Martin1
    Martin1

And the world can breath again... Empty And the world can breath again...

Post by Martin1 Tue Sep 09 2014, 20:48

Probably not high on anyones radar but the Apple event has now finished...
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

And the world can breath again... Empty Re: And the world can breath again...

Post by Andy12345 Tue Sep 09 2014, 21:49

as strange as i may be, i love apple, and i love the look at their new stuff, im hopefully getting my iphone 6 november the 1st, now all thats left is how long before i break another screen
    Martin1
    Martin1

Post by Martin1 Tue Sep 09 2014, 21:54

I too am an Apple fanboy...3 versions of iPhone, iMac and MacBook Pro with an iPad in the works. Bows head, hides and awaits the haters...
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Tue Sep 09 2014, 21:58

lol i or we have ipad original ipad mini and ipad light we have 4 iphones, my company phones are all iphones and i have an imac in my office hehe, which after 6 months im used to and love it so much over windows Smile
    Martin1
    Martin1

Post by Martin1 Tue Sep 09 2014, 21:59

I occasionally have to use windows but should be FREE of it in the next few weeks
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Tue Sep 09 2014, 22:02

im on my kids laptop now thats windows, boooooooooo lol i often mis letter "a s w x z" because the key came off and it seemed a good idea for her to stick it back with superglue lol
    Martin1
    Martin1

Post by Martin1 Tue Sep 09 2014, 22:04

Lol. I think we may have to always have a windows piece of junk err laptop around because of the kids, that's what they use at school (at the moment anyway)
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Tue Sep 09 2014, 22:07

i will never buy another windows computer as long as i live, everything about the mac is awesome, no comparison in my opinion, im a total convert, macs are the low carb version of computing hehe
    Martin1
    Martin1

Post by Martin1 Tue Sep 09 2014, 22:12

Couldn't agree with you more. But sadly society hasn't cottoned on to that fact. Guess my kids will have to learn on both systems and only use the windows when doing school stuff
    Two Collies
    Two Collies

Male Posts : 133

Post by Two Collies Wed Sep 10 2014, 09:50

Andy12345 wrote:i will never buy another windows computer as long as i live, everything about the mac is awesome, no comparison in my opinion, im a total convert, macs are the low carb version of computing hehe
    I disagree: "low carb" is not tied to a manufacturer, and inflated in price!
    Open source is closer to "low carb"ing Very Happy Very Happy
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Wed Sep 10 2014, 10:22

I'm with Two Collies on this one. I almost puke when I see queues of grown men outside an Apple store in the middle of the night, and then charging into the shop to spend too much money on another piece of over priced plastic junk. Within months it's obsolete, and the next piece of crap is being lusted after.When I was a lad only women could fire me up like that, how times have changed. And don't talk to me about gamers, spending their lives pulling their joy sticks. affraid

Eddie
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Wed Sep 10 2014, 10:34

I have no conflict-Apple's always been too expensive for me and 'Old Betsy' my laptop does all I need it to do and windows is a doddle to use! Smile
    As for gamers...I have one of those Eddie...My eldest son and we only see him when he leaves his room to wolf down his grub and then he's upstairs back online with his mates shooting stuff and blowing stuff up! affraid
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Wed Sep 10 2014, 13:29

Two Collies wrote:
    Andy12345 wrote:i will never buy another windows computer as long as i live, everything about the mac is awesome, no comparison in my opinion, im a total convert, macs are the low carb version of computing hehe
    I disagree: "low carb" is  not tied to a manufacturer, and inflated in price!
    Open source is closer to "low carb"ing Very Happy Very Happy  

ok only in the sense ITS AWESOME! lol

Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Wed Sep 10 2014, 13:30

eddie1 wrote:I'm with Two Collies on this one. I almost puke when I see queues of grown men outside an Apple store in the middle of the night, and then charging into the shop to spend too much money on another piece of over priced plastic junk. Within months it's obsolete, and the next piece of crap is being lusted after.When I was a lad only women could fire me up like that, how times have changed. And don't talk to me about gamers, spending their lives pulling their joy sticks. affraid

Eddie

id pass you a sick bag but i may lose my spot in the line

Smile

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Wed Sep 10 2014, 17:10

......just feel I must mention a good Cox's Orange Pippin now they are a good tasting apple Embarassed

Sorry couldn't resist.....in my local Asda's earlier they have their own store radio, music with adverts etc - guess what the big news was? Yes, you've guessed it, all the new Apple products  affraid

Which will not be on my shopping list - how about you ?

All the best Jan
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Wed Sep 10 2014, 20:24

Jan1 wrote:......just feel I must mention a good Cox's Orange Pippin now they are a good tasting apple Embarassed

Sorry couldn't resist.....in my local Asda's earlier they have their own store radio, music with adverts etc - guess what the big news was? Yes, you've guessed it, all the new Apple products  affraid

Which will not be on my shopping list - how about you ?

All the best Jan

Oh Jan great post. I prefer Braeburn's myself but agree that Cox's are a great apple!

No the other type of apple will not be on my shopping list either. I'm a real Luddite when it comes to new technology!
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Wed Sep 10 2014, 20:37

your not allowed apple products if you know what a luddite is Embarassed
    AliB
    AliB

Female Posts : 377

Post by AliB Wed Sep 10 2014, 23:11

I dun a pretty good deal on my mini 2. Is only 16gb and I wish it were bigger, but t'was £229 on Tesco Direct in May with a £20 discount. I added £25 of Mail Rewards tokens for Tesco, and £30 Tesco Deals, and managed to get £94 on eBay for my brick of an original that I was just about to smash in frustration (Apple stopped supporting it 6 months after i bought it new, the lovely people...). Oh, and i bought it through TopCashBack which netted me another £7. So the mini actually only cost me £53 in real money. Can't complain.....
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Thu Sep 11 2014, 00:01

thats cool Smile so if i but it from you for say £70 we are all happy? Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06 2024, 19:10