THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

If this forum was a horse, they would shoot it!

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

If this forum was a horse, they would shoot it! Empty If this forum was a horse, they would shoot it!

Post by Eddie Fri Nov 06 2015, 19:47

It appears the more members we get the less the posts and comments. It's no secret I am a miserable SOB, but I am consistent. I thank all who who post, and a special mention to Chris, Graham and Jan who keep this place going at times. Paul who mods and keeps check on the trolls and miscreants has always done a great job. As for Mo, he has more to worry about than this joint of late.

So my hearties let's have a bit more action, if only to kick my decrepit old butt. I have been slagged off on far better places than this, don't hold back, say what you think, all suggestions welcome.
    ajsherlock

If this forum was a horse, they would shoot it! Empty Re: If this forum was a horse, they would shoot it!

Post by ajsherlock Sat Nov 07 2015, 12:47

I'll try my best to contribute more
    chris c
    chris c

If this forum was a horse, they would shoot it! Empty Re: If this forum was a horse, they would shoot it!

Post by chris c Sun Nov 08 2015, 23:54

I've been re-reading a whole bunch of blogs, and constantly discovering new ones too. Some of them don't get nearly the quantity or quality of replies they deserve either. I suspect the audience is becoming spread too thin to support all of them. Conversely some other diabetes forums are now so full of drivel I no longer bother with them either, and the better ones have become too huge to follow.

Then a lot of people have been sucked into all this modern stuff like Twitter and Facebook and Reddit.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Nov 09 2015, 20:05

Thanks for the big effort you make Chris. I have been slacking of late. Nothing gets to me more than apathy, but that's the world we live in. Members here have moaned about lack of free speech at the flog, they get it here and rarely post. Meanwhile they are posting sometimes daily at the flog. Gluttons for punishment I reckon, but so many are only happy when moaning. They contribute zilch, why some have joined this forum is beyond me. Maybe they like reading but have zero to say. Then when it goes pear shaped and when they have missed the boat, they can moan more.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Tue Nov 10 2015, 15:09

Perhaps we should start a '3 word story game'!! woot I've seen folks rack up over 10,000 posts alone just on those! couch
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Nov 10 2015, 16:55

Have forums had there day? Same goes for a lot of blogs I reckon. I remember some very high profile blogs getting thousands of hits a day and hundreds of comments a thread a few years back. Now they are clearly getting very few comments and the hit rate has gone downhill big time.

One thing is for sure the low carb message is out there big time now and more medical professionals are joining the cause by the week. Carb up and shoot up has failed, and people now see through the lies of big pharma and junk food.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Tue Nov 10 2015, 17:44

Seems like everything's moved to FaceBook these days-I guess we could too and be trendy-I reckon we'd need about 100 people to moderate the page if it was public as we'd get allsorts rock on up to the group page-People who make even Jona seem like a good guy! lol
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Nov 10 2015, 17:55

Paul1976 wrote:Seems like everything's moved to FaceBook these days-I guess we could too and be trendy-I reckon we'd need about 100 people to moderate the page if it was public as we'd get allsorts rock on up to the group page-People who make even Jona seem like a good guy! lol

If the trolls keep joining us we will end up like DCUK puke  We will have thousands of members on the members count and only about 1% actual members who ever post or are genuine members. How cool is that, maybe we should start doing a 'Panesar' and start hyping up the place. Any suggestions?
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Tue Nov 10 2015, 18:05

Eddie wrote:
    Paul1976 wrote:Seems like everything's moved to FaceBook these days-I guess we could too and be trendy-I reckon we'd need about 100 people to moderate the page if it was public as we'd get allsorts rock on up to the group page-People who make even Jona seem like a good guy! lol

If the trolls keep joining us we will end up like DCUK puke  We will have thousands of members on the members count and only about 1% actual members who ever post or are genuine members. How cool is that, maybe we should start doing a 'Panesar' and start hyping up the place. Any suggestions?

Insomnia curing Word games perhaps?,win a meter that the strip price will financially cripple you or a years supply of Peperami's? Wristbands are popular too it would seem? Maybe some T-Shirts with "300 grams a day of carbs,No meds=Complete bollocks and forum member protected status" affraid
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Nov 10 2015, 18:16

Paul1976 wrote:
    Eddie wrote:

Insomnia curing Word games perhaps?,win a meter that the strip price will financially cripple you or a years supply of Peperami's? Wristbands are popular too it would seem? Maybe some T-Shirts with "300 grams a day of carbs,No meds=Complete bollocks and forum member protected status" affraid

If this forum was a horse, they would shoot it! MUGS

If this forum was a horse, they would shoot it! Shirty1

Remember these hot sellers Paul.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Tue Nov 10 2015, 18:23

Eddie wrote:
    Paul1976 wrote:
    Eddie wrote:

If this forum was a horse, they would shoot it! MUGS

If this forum was a horse, they would shoot it! Shirty1

Remember these hot sellers Paul.

HaHaHa!! I sure do! I guess all the "All my friends are dead" books that were once also available got pulped in the end after all!! Twisted Evil
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Nov 10 2015, 18:31

This ended up at the pulpers to.

If this forum was a horse, they would shoot it! Book

About the Author

Keng Phooey spent his early years quite near somewhere else, cultivating an unhealthy interest in law enforcement. In 2002, he discovered quotation websites and immediately began reciting vaguely pertinent one-liners to anyone who wasn't quick enough to get away. After Keng began making up glib platitudes of his own, he decided to publish them in a book, 'A Positive Platitude'. Besides making Keng a rich man, the book allowed people to appreciate just how knowledgeable and wise Keng was without them having to actually meet him - a win-win situation. Volume 1 of Keng's book was quickly followed by the imaginatively titled 'Volume 2' and, despite receiving numerous pleas for him to stop, Keng continues to jot down and publish his trite ramblings to this very day.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13 2024, 03:53