THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Dr. Rangan Chatterjee Explains How Low Carbohydrate Diets Are The Most Effective

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Dr. Rangan Chatterjee Explains How Low Carbohydrate Diets Are The Most Effective Empty Dr. Rangan Chatterjee Explains How Low Carbohydrate Diets Are The Most Effective

Post by graham64 Mon Nov 02 2015, 23:01

Yet another Doctor on our side  Very Happy

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Dr. Rangan Chatterjee Explains How Low Carbohydrate Diets Are The Most Effective Empty Re: Dr. Rangan Chatterjee Explains How Low Carbohydrate Diets Are The Most Effective

Post by Jan1 Mon Nov 16 2015, 18:11

His blog may be an interesting read too ...
    http://www.drchatterjee.co.uk/

He is the 'Doctor in the House' on the upcoming BBC1 show at 9.00pm this Thursday 19th November.

All the best Jan
    flower
    chris c
    chris c

Dr. Rangan Chatterjee Explains How Low Carbohydrate Diets Are The Most Effective Empty Re: Dr. Rangan Chatterjee Explains How Low Carbohydrate Diets Are The Most Effective

Post by chris c Tue Nov 17 2015, 21:29

Oh big thanks! I hadn't seen his blog before.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Nov 27 2015, 17:00

Last night watching the second episode of the BBC 'Doctor in The House' series and I found it very interesting. If you haven't watched it yet I think it well worth doing.

Very interesting the little boy suffering with eczema ... and the changes that were made to both his diet and surroundings (bed linen etc)

Also saw this article about the Doctor here you may wish to read ...

"When his son was just six months old, Dr Rangan Chatterjee was  devastated to discover the baby had a life-threatening condition. ''He had a fit caused by low levels of calcium – a hypo-calcaemic convulsion – because of a vitamin D deficiency, and needed intravenous calcium as well as high-dose vitamin D to save him. My wife and I were terribly shocked,’’ he says.

The near tragedy forced him to confront an uncomfortable truth. Fourteen years of medical training had not equipped him to detect a preventable condition in his own child. The episode changed his whole view of medicine and how he practised it."

See here for more ...
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/wellbeing/health-advice/bbcs-dr-chatterjee-my-babys-illness-changed-the-way-i-work/

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Nov 27 2015, 22:18

I just got round to watching the first episode, no wonder so many dieticians were up in arms! Very sensible guy, there should be more doctors like him!
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Jan 08 2018, 19:50

As many readers already know Dr. Chatterjee is very low-carb friendly and he now has a best selling book 'The 4 Pillar Plan'  

Read more at Diet Doctor site here
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/rangan-chatterjees-4-pillar-plan-reaches-1-amazon

All the best Jan

(I have no commercial interest in discussing/promoting this book)
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Mon Jan 08 2018, 23:42

There's a strong case for promoting HCLF for everyone else, it might keep the price of butter down for the rest of us.

Meanwhile

Food sources of fat may clarify the inconsistent role of dietary fat intake for incidence of type 2 diabetes

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/101/5/1065.full

They get half way there

"Decreased T2D risk at high intake of high- but not of low-fat dairy products suggests that dairy fat partly could have contributed to previously observed protective associations between dairy intake and T2D. Meat intake was associated with increased risk independently of the fat content."

Almost no discussion of carbs, I predict that the "meat" is eaten along with the bun, fries and Big Gulp

Associations among 25-year trends in diet, cholesterol and BMI from 140,000 observations in men and women in Northern Sweden

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3489616/

This one is going to be interesting going forward as LCHF increases in incidence. Expect to see a Swedish Paradox, alongside the French Paradox and all the other paradoxes, which Nick Mailer among others has pointed out are not paradoxes but DATA.

I would like to have seen trigs and HDL broken out from the "cholesterol" and levels of Omega 6 seed oils also studied. Oh and measuring insulin of course, but who would be interested in that?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10 2024, 19:06