THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

Good grief a step too far methinks

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Good grief a step too far methinks Empty Good grief a step too far methinks

Post by Eddie Mon Sep 08 2014, 11:40

Good grief a step too far methinks BwwgTCuCQAAvDOx

Good luck to the poor blighter's that get fed this stuff. Aren't dogs and cats carnivores.

Eddie
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Good grief a step too far methinks Empty Re: Good grief a step too far methinks

Post by zand Mon Sep 08 2014, 12:05

Again.....why would anyone buy this? Sorry, I don't understand why you would force your own dietary preferences onto your beloved pet. As you say Eddie they are carnivores Shocked
    cold ethyl

Post by cold ethyl Mon Sep 08 2014, 12:08

Really pees me off this sort of thing. Eat what you want yourself, but don't inflict your diet on an animal that isn't designed for it. There was plenty of fuss and rightly so about feeding bonemeal etc to cattle at the height of the BSE scare so why would feeding a carnivore and equally alien diet be any better?
    Avocado Sevenfold
    Avocado Sevenfold

Female Posts : 258

Post by Avocado Sevenfold Mon Sep 08 2014, 13:25

Oh dear. I don't know about dogs, but cats are obligate carnivores and should be eating flesh and nothing else.

The only meat in our house is cat food. It's what he eats by nature and who are we to argue with nature? (He steals chips sometimes, but that's his choice)
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Mon Sep 08 2014, 14:28

This is a wind up...Isn't it??? Shocked
    Seeing is believing and I don't believe my eyes! I thought it was bad enough with the big market of 'Franken' dried Kibbles for Dogs and Cats out there but it appears it's worse than I first thought...They feed carnivorous zoo animals fresh meat and fish so why do they promote this garbage for our domesticated animals? Money as always!! Evil or Very Mad
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Sep 08 2014, 16:38

The rates for diabetes in cats and dogs is going through the roof. Cheap pet foods are now loaded with carbs. Like us, cats and dogs did not evolve on a high carb diet.  

Eddie
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Mon Sep 08 2014, 16:40

eddie1 wrote:The rates for diabetes in cats and dogs is going through the roof. Cheap pet foods are now loaded with carbs. Like us, cats and dogs did not evolve on a high carb diet.  

Eddie

So that's animal cruelty really - by feeding them food which isn't suitable Crying or Very sad
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Mon Sep 08 2014, 16:53

My Black Labrador is fed on a meat only diet and is in great shape-sometimes we meet up with a few other Lab owners and let the dogs run whilst we talk and we always used to get asked "Your dogs full of energy and has such a lovely glossy black coat-I wish my dogs coat looked as glossy as that" and when I asked what are you feeding your dog?-the answer we always used to get was 'Dried Kibble' such as 'Bakers complete' or 'Iams' etc...kinda speaks for itself!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Sep 08 2014, 17:18

Good grief a step too far methinks Sumatran_dangerous_tiger-wide

Try feeding high carb junk to this fella, good luck ! affraid

Eddie

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 21:51