THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+6
Baruney
zand
Sally
sanguine
Paul1976
Eddie
10 posters

Urgent message for all members!

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Urgent message for all members! - Page 4 Empty Re: Urgent message for all members!

Post by Eddie Fri Sep 25 2015, 17:40

This whole saga gets more weird and sinister by the day.

Did you see the comment to me posted here today. Made my day. God bless her.

http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/diabetescouk-boss-mr-panesar-replies-to.html?showComment=1443190151099#c2583613412526988130
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Urgent message for all members! - Page 4 Empty Re: Urgent message for all members!

Post by Paul1976 Fri Sep 25 2015, 17:45

I did see it-yep,Jo is a 'Good 'un' for sure! Always been supportive of me in the past and a real nice lady! She summed up DCUK nicely in that short post.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Fri Sep 25 2015, 18:05

sanguine wrote:So now we know the reason for the delay in getting back to you - someone (and almost certainly not Mr Panesar himself) has been composing that response.

I phoned his office this afternoon and asked his secretary if he could call me back when available. One thing for sure, his staff have heard of me, why he avoids me on the phone is beyond me. It seems to me he knows what goes on at the flog and aides and abets it. Or, he does not know, and as Captain of the ship he is grossly negligent, especially when we are talking about a health forum, where lives are at stake and peoples health. Did he write all, part or none of letter? time will tell. Nothing is ever what it seems at the forum of flog, other than the blatant lies, hypocrisy and duplicity. What is Mr. Panasar's roll in all this? time will tell.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Sep 25 2015, 18:37

Eddie wrote:
    chris c wrote:He thinks YOU are DR Jones? Unbelievable! But would explain a lot.

Here's a simple question for him, has any non low carber EVER been banned from DCUK, yes or no?

He seems a tad isolated from what is and has for years been occurring on the ground, no?

Clearly he has no clue as to what has gone on for years, I will enlighten him further at the weekend. Then again he may know fully the state of play. Time will tell, it always does.
    Here's another question, when Dr David Unwin first posted he was called a troll by Sid Bonkers. Why was Sid never banned and why is the post still there?
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Sep 25 2015, 19:02

graham64 wrote:I would put this to Mr. Panesar seeing has he's been lauding the work done to promote Low Carb just why has he installed a moderation team that has in the past and to this present day been openly hostile to low carbers, catherincherub and noblehead are prime examples they have a  history of provocative and sarcastic post aimed at low carbers.
    Well to be fair he just inherited them. Some of them anyway, and no doubt they recommended the others.

It's a valid point though that the mods continuously attack, ban and threadlock low carbers while allowing far more egregious behaviour from non-low-carbers, not limited to Sid Bonkers.

I had the impression from email correspondence with Dan that he was trying to achieve a forum where low carb and high carb had *equal* numbers of posts and success stories, not realising this was frankly impossible.

From that point of view I suspect he didn't care when thousands of posts and hundreds of threads were deleted by Ken and Sue not because of their content but because of the identitiy of the posters, all low carbers. Of course this information having been deleted means no-one else will believe it was ever there (hint: is it still on the Wayback Machine?)
    Squire Fulwood

Post by Squire Fulwood Fri Sep 25 2015, 20:08

chris c wrote:
    Eddie wrote:
    chris c wrote:He thinks YOU are DR Jones? Unbelievable! But would explain a lot.

Here's a simple question for him, has any non low carber EVER been banned from DCUK, yes or no?

He seems a tad isolated from what is and has for years been occurring on the ground, no?

Clearly he has no clue as to what has gone on for years, I will enlighten him further at the weekend. Then again he may know fully the state of play. Time will tell, it always does.
    Here's another question, when Dr David Unwin first posted he was called a troll by Sid Bonkers. Why was Sid never banned and why is the post still there?

I am not sure that is correct. As I remember it it was mongoose who called him a troll and he was banned until his credentials could be verified. Of course Sid could have joined in but I think mongoose started it.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Fri Sep 25 2015, 20:10

Squire Fulwood wrote:
    chris c wrote:
    Eddie wrote:

I am not sure that is correct. As I remember it it was mongoose who called him a troll and he was banned until his credentials could be verified. Of course Sid could have joined in but I think mongoose started it.

I'll be back in a minute...Sid did imply SouthportGP was a "Low carb troll" openly-I'll just grab the evidence.

Edit just grabbed the screenshot of the blog...

Urgent message for all members! - Page 4 Bonkers+usuel+mo
    Squire Fulwood

Post by Squire Fulwood Fri Sep 25 2015, 20:19

Your evidence would stand up in court. Thanks for taking the trouble. I just remember the mongoose bit which was nowhere near as graphic as Sid's.

PS, I tried to re-visit the scene of the accident and can't even find the bit I remember. I claim old age and stupidity.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Fri Sep 25 2015, 20:44

Squire Fulwood wrote:Your evidence would stand up in court. Thanks for taking the trouble. I just remember the mongoose bit which was nowhere near as graphic as Sid's.

PS, I tried to re-visit the scene of the accident and can't even find the bit I remember. I claim old age and stupidity.

Chances are it's been removed by the mods-Seem to remember a lot of editing going on at that time due to some members including GezzaThorpe giving the Southport GP a lot of stick and lighting the blue touch paper.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Fri Sep 25 2015, 20:45

We have many entire threads backed up, screen shots, plenty of evidence. The good thing is thousands or people are reading the letters and are being copied and tweeted across the world. This time speakers of the truth cannot be threatened, banned and deleted. Witness statements and independent comments and emails. The great irony, without Graham, myself and others including Jan being banned, for no good reason, our blogs and this forum would never have started. People want a voice and they have it here and our blogs. Many big names are behind us both in private and openly. Mo saw what went on and walked as a flog mod, most of the good mods have done the same.
    Squire Fulwood

Post by Squire Fulwood Fri Sep 25 2015, 21:07

Paul1976 wrote:
    Squire Fulwood wrote:Your evidence would stand up in court. Thanks for taking the trouble. I just remember the mongoose bit which was nowhere near as graphic as Sid's.

Chances are it's been removed by the mods-Seem to remember a lot of editing going on at that time due to some members including GezzaThorpe giving the Southport GP a lot of stick and lighting the blue touch paper.

Oh dear. I now have an image of Winston Smith in the Ministry of Truth amending news reports retrospectively. That George Orwell was a clever sod to predict all this.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Fri Sep 25 2015, 21:28

It's ok for Sid and his ilk to enter a discussion to belittle or discredit someone or call someone a troll, but of course he's one of the untouchable's who does not have to conform to forum rules. 

For the rest of the members it's a different story, this was from the hypocritical  cherub who herself was no stranger to belittling or discrediting  people and plenty of proof of that still abounds on the forum

Urgent message for all members! - Page 4 Capture%2BCC%2BPan
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Fri Sep 25 2015, 22:59

Mr Panesar wrote:
    Mr Panesar wrote:Which, unfortunately, is what much of your behaviour constituted. We saw the relentless trolling, bullying and victimisation of the diabetes community that you and your friends have spearheaded. I have consoled many members of the Diabetes.co.uk team and fielded calls from at least 15 people in the last 18 months alone, all of whom felt harassed and threatened by your community. Most of them agree with low-carb in principle.

15 is that all Rolling Eyes  to put things into perspective what about the hundreds the have been bullied, victimised and felt threatened and harassed  by your forum mods 

Mr Panesar wrote:
    You and your friends publicly “outed” Giverny, our forum moderator, because she didn’t align with your paradigm and attempted to troll her on Twitter simply to ‘get off’. You did the same to Ben when he was Forum Moderator.

So one tweet amounts to trolling in your book that would suggest your understanding of trolling is naive to say the least  Crying or Very sad
    and as for "get off" how immature of you to use that expression not something you would expect from a person in your position.

You mention Benedict we have always been supportive of him  though it would appear your informants are confusing us with cugila the banned ex forum mod who had a nasty tirade aimed at him, and yet he is still an esteemed forum notable member Rolling Eyes contrast that with Andy12345 who was a notable member till he was banned then then any reference was removed but then of course he was a low carber

The only two of your forum admin/mod team I have any respect for are Benedict and Dan Crockett the latter I've had dealings with they at least presented a balanced and fair view, maybe you should get them moderate the overtly anti low carb mods that currently rule the roost at DCUK

Graham
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat Sep 26 2015, 18:07

Paul1976 wrote:

I stand corrected, I blame senility, but Sid DID claim he wasn't a doctor and he was banned for a while, Sid wasn't naturally.

Yeah the removal of inconvenient truths has been occurring for a long while now, Ken and Sue were the masters but AFAICR it started before their time in power, and ALL aimed at low carbers.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sat Sep 26 2015, 18:46

Off topic a bit but do you reckon these were pot noodles possibly? woot

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/sugar-vs-fat-documentary.84805/page-2#post-955245
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sun Sep 27 2015, 21:57

chris c wrote:From that point of view I suspect he didn't care when thousands of posts and hundreds of threads were deleted by Ken and Sue not because of their content but because of the identitiy of the posters, all low carbers. Of course this information having been deleted means no-one else will believe it was ever there (hint: is it still on the Wayback Machine?)

I'm afraid the Wayback Machine is no longer available for the DCUK forum Chris but I have my own archives stowed away on my HD and backed up on the external drive, I even have some saved in draft emails  Very Happy

Osidge came out with some feeble excuses, to clear the forum of outdated threads and saving space  Shocked what was sacrosanct though were two massive locked threads namely the word game and the three word game which of course contained indispensable valuable reference points for members Exclamation well that's one theory another probably wild speculation on my part is that some of the notable members would see a huge drop in their post counts that would make Eddie's 2000 + deleted posts pale into insignificance  Neutral
    nomistheman
    nomistheman

Post by nomistheman Mon Sep 28 2015, 16:38

Paul1976 wrote:Off topic a bit but do you reckon these were pot noodles possibly? woot

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/sugar-vs-fat-documentary.84805/page-2#post-955245

The poster is basing their decision on a 4 hour post prandial - not very reliable that information! I could speculate what the 2 hour post prandial was but, that's all it would be - speculation. Which incidentally, is all the poster's conclusion is - speculation!

This is kind of sad and could be misleading for a newly diagnosed Diabetic.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Mon Sep 28 2015, 20:34

graham64 wrote:
    chris c wrote:From that point of view I suspect he didn't care when thousands of posts and hundreds of threads were deleted by Ken and Sue not because of their content but because of the identitiy of the posters, all low carbers. Of course this information having been deleted means no-one else will believe it was ever there (hint: is it still on the Wayback Machine?)

I'm afraid the Wayback Machine is no longer available for the DCUK forum Chris but I have my own archives stowed away on my HD and backed up on the external drive, I even have some saved in draft emails  Very Happy

Osidge came out with some feeble excuses, to clear the forum of outdated threads and saving space  Shocked what was sacrosanct though were two massive locked threads namely the word game and the three word game which of course contained indispensable valuable reference points for members Exclamation well that's one theory another probably wild speculation on my part is that some of the notable members would see a huge drop in their post counts that would make Eddie's 2000 + deleted posts pale into insignificance  Neutral
    Oh yeah indispensible information on how to treat diabetes.

That's why I always preferred usenet, back before it became Troll Central, it was trivial to archive. I have hordes of stuff dating back to when I first started on the net more than 20 years ago (what a scary thought, it seems like yesterday!)
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Mon Sep 28 2015, 20:39

Just as an example,Daisy1,who has over 22,000 posts on the flog,How many diabetes related posts would she actually have if you took away the word games and the 'Copy and paste' kenny boy welcome note? Answers to the PO box no. Rolling Eyes
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Sep 28 2015, 21:08

Paul1976 wrote:Just as an example,Daisy1,who has over 22,000 posts on the flog,How many diabetes related posts would she actually have if you took away the word games and the 'Copy and paste' kenny boy welcome note? Answers to the PO box no. Rolling Eyes

Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Mon Sep 28 2015, 21:09

Eddie wrote:
    Paul1976 wrote:Just as an example,Daisy1,who has over 22,000 posts on the flog,How many diabetes related posts would she actually have if you took away the word games and the 'Copy and paste' kenny boy welcome note? Answers to the PO box no. Rolling Eyes

As many as that??!! rofl
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Mon Sep 28 2015, 21:23

Eddie wrote:

"I mentioned diabetes once, but I think I got away with it"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 22:27