THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+5
chris c
Paul1976
Eddie
Admin
Mrs Vimes
9 posters

How do you know you've been banned from the flog?

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

How do you know you've been banned from the flog? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you know you've been banned from the flog?

Post by Eddie Thu Sep 03 2015, 10:27

Baruney wrote:
    zand wrote:I hope it wasn't for derailing a thread by wishing me a speedy recovery.  Smile

Nope it was @mrsvimes fault for asking the question how do you know you've been banned from the flog. Well if you look me up on the flog you will now see a big red line through my avatar with the word BANNED underneath. I'll get a screenshot from work later as IT have obvs blocked my home office and mobile IP.

So @mrsvimes - does that answer you question now?

How do you know you've been banned from the flog? - Page 2 Banned

Welcome to an ever growing club. From Dr. Jay Wortman type two diabetic and low carb expert.

"Not only banned – totally expunged!   Posted on April 26, 2011

This is getting humorous. For awhile there my posts on the Diabetes.co.uk forum had been moved to a new thread. I had a look earlier today and discovered they have now been deleted entirely. I have to assume that would be because anyone who read them would understand that the moderator with whom I was debating was completely in the wrong. I had a look at some other threads and found he was attacking my advice on things like the need to replace the salt your kidneys will excrete when you significantly reduce carbs. His position is that you should restrict salt and drink lots of water. As anyone who is remotely familiar with hyponatremia would know, this is exactly the wrong thing to do.

Now, I find that my IP address has been banned which means I can no longer even look at the forums on that website. Wow, that’s pretty extreme. I can only conclude that I represented a huge threat to the moderator and his mission there which appears to be to sabotage people who are trying to benefit from a truly low-carb diet. He urges them to restrict fat and salt, both of which would make it very hard and probably impossible to maintain a long-term sustainable low-carb diet.

Why would he do that? Maybe he is clever and is consciously doing this so that people stay on meds and continue to require the supplies and equipment advertised there. Or maybe he is a complete idiot. I don’t know which it is but the net effect is that lots of people are being given bad advice which will impede their ability to improve their health through low-carb dieting.

Info from here http://www.drjaywortman.com/blog/wordpress/2011/04/26/not-only-banned-totally-expunged/
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

How do you know you've been banned from the flog? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you know you've been banned from the flog?

Post by zand Thu Sep 03 2015, 10:44

Why on earth would you restrict salt on a low carb diet?? Salt is necessary for us to stay healthy. In my view it's better to err on the side of a little too much salt, rather than not enough. I recognise when I need more salt now - I have a craving for crisps, one day I worked out it wasn't the crisps I wanted at all, it was the salt. Easily remedied. Smile

Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Sep 03 2015, 10:49

Some words from Dr. Jay Wortman a lowcarb expert and type two diabetic on lowcarb and salt.

“When you cut the carbs your kidneys will release sodium. This is why people lose some water initially and why blood pressure also tends to get better on low-carb. If you are not careful to replace the lost sodium sufficiently by adding salt to your food, you will experience the effects of mild hypo-natremia. These are: headache, constipation, weakness, fatigue, low-blood pressure, othostatic hypotension and possibly leg cramps. If you get a blood test you may find that your potassium is low, too. Unfortunately, there is no reliable blood test for magnesium but it may also be low. Supplementing with salt should correct these problems. You don't need to take a potassium supplement, it will correct if you eat enough salt. Some people will have a persistent magnesium deficiency that will require supplements. This would be manifested by leg cramps and hyper-reflexia (something your doctor can check). To correct this you should take a slow-release Mg++ supplement daily.

Many people make the mistake of restricting salt and drinking lots of water when on a low carb diet. This is virtually guaranteed to cause problems. When you look carefully at the studies that report equivocal results with a low-carb diet, this is invariably one of the reasons.”
    Baruney
    Baruney

Male Posts : 167

Post by Baruney Thu Sep 03 2015, 12:55

Here you go Mrs vimes. Really easy to collect - nice shiny new avatar. Will tidy it up later but really busy at work at the mo. Honest.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Thu Sep 03 2015, 21:00

Eddie wrote:If you are not careful to replace the lost sodium sufficiently by adding salt to your food, you will experience the effects of mild hypo-natremia. These are: headache, constipation, weakness, fatigue, low-blood pressure, othostatic hypotension and possibly leg cramps.

No no no!

This is a result of not eating enough potatoes. It must be true, a dietician told me . . .
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Thu Sep 03 2015, 22:35

Baruney wrote:
    zand wrote:I hope it wasn't for derailing a thread by wishing me a speedy recovery.  Smile

Nope it was @mrsvimes fault for asking the question how do you know you've been banned from the flog. Well if you look me up on the flog you will now see a big red line through my avatar with the word BANNED underneath. I'll get a screenshot from work later as IT have obvs blocked my home office and mobile IP.

If your using google have you tried going incognito to get round your IP being blocked ? I have found it useful as some sites require registration after a limited amount of views Helio is one of them limited to six views. it works on my laptop and android mobile. Failing that there is always hidemyass and similar proxy servers.
    Baruney
    Baruney

Post by Baruney Thu Sep 03 2015, 22:55

graham64 wrote:
    Baruney wrote:

Nope it was @mrsvimes fault for asking the question how do you know you've been banned from the flog. Well if you look me up on the flog you will now see a big red line through my avatar with the word BANNED underneath. I'll get a screenshot from work later as IT have obvs blocked my home office and mobile IP...

Can if I want to but thanks for the input. Was thing more along the lines of this........

If your using google have you tried going incognito to get round your IP being blocked ? I have found it useful as some sites require registration after a limited amount of views Helio is one of them limited to six views. it works on my laptop and android mobile. Failing that there is always hidemyass and similar proxy servers.

Thanks for the input can do if required but also work up and down the country so no need to go to the hassle. Anyhow was thinking more along the lines of this.....
    Baruney
    Baruney

Post by Baruney Thu Sep 03 2015, 23:11

Hello Catherine my lovely

Let's not pretend that you're moonlighting on here, it would only be embarrassing. So I don't mind if you post the reply here or feel the need to protect yourself (for whatever reason - it's Ok whatever your reasoning, don't worry about it) but the missus Mrs baruney had a question for you which runs along the lines of she wanted to join the diabetes. Co.uk forum as a career for a Type 2 'special' person and wanted some advice but was unable to register on your site. Could you let me know how she can do this?

Thanks in advance.

Baruney
    Baruney
    Baruney

Post by Baruney Thu Sep 03 2015, 23:56

Nope Mrs Baruney said that she has insufficient privaledges to post on the flog. She's gutted but I bought her a half price rolo mouse from tesco s earlier so she'll be alright in a minute. Anyhow up early to see the pedestrian tomorrow So difficult to get some decent info on how to look after your feet nowerdays.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Fri Sep 04 2015, 10:47

This is how I knew when I was banned about a year ago! LOL

How do you know you've been banned from the flog? - Page 2 Banned_zpsa0139d00
    Baruney
    Baruney

Post by Baruney Fri Sep 04 2015, 10:52

Well you would be wouldn't you. How many carbs in one of your bars?

It's poor Mrs Baruney whose the real victim here.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Fri Sep 04 2015, 11:02

Paul1976 wrote:This is how I knew when I was banned about a year ago! LOL

How do you know you've been banned from the flog? - Page 2 Banned_zpsa0139d00

Unsavoury and poisonous rofl makes you sound like four pound of condemned veal. muhahaha
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Fri Sep 04 2015, 11:08

OR...Tubolard's bread recipe from the Diabetesforlife forum! bitenails
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Fri Sep 04 2015, 14:17

Paul1976 wrote:OR...Tubolard's bread recipe from the Diabetesforlife forum! bitenails

I remember that weapon of mass destruction 600 grams of carb per loaf affraid Believe me that takes some doing. Check out this beauty. This is what I call a loaf of bread and very low carb.

How do you know you've been banned from the flog? - Page 2 Rosemary-loaf-gf

These next words are Elissa's at 'Food Matters' ....

"Living gluten free is pretty easy, but when it comes to the bread, that’s where I have a real issue. I miss soft, moist bread, that doesn't have a spongy consistency! I miss flavor and memories of warm bread coming out of the oven.
    I have found one of the most flavor packed, most satisfying gluten free loafs of all time. It’s a BOLD statement, but whether you’re living gluten free or not, you will love this bread. In fact, I encourage you to make this, wrap it up, and take it into your office or next gathering just to prove how delicious unprocessed, gluten free “bread” can be! "

So how abut making one and enjoying the waft of wonderful flavours as that warm Rosemary and Thyme Loaf cooks. Here's how it's done.

Makes 1 5” x 9” loaf

INGREDIENTS

Dry:
    2 1/4 cups almond meal
    1/4 cup ground flaxseed
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp fine salt

Wet:
    4 large eggs (or 5 small)
    1.5 tbsp coconut nectar
    1 ½ tbsp coconut oil
    1 tbsp apple cider vinegar

Herbs (fresh):
    2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, pulled of stem
    2 tsp fresh rosemary, pulled off stem, finely chopped
    Additional herbs are optional

METHOD
    1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and blend with a whisk for one minute, until very well combined. Add the wet ingredients and mix until well combined, and smooth as can be, about 1 minute. Once base is mixed well, add the fresh herbs. Stir in herbs, mix by hand for another 20-30 seconds, until herb mix is evenly distributed.
    2. The dough will be like a thick batter but should be thin enough that it wouldn't roll into a ball. Pour dough mix into a well-greased bread pan. It will come up to less than halfway, and that is normal.
    3. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Let cool in the pan before serving.

More on this original recipe idea here http://foodmatters.tv/content/rosemary-and-thyme-loaf-gluten-free-recipe

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 12:42