THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
Avocado Sevenfold
Eddie
6 posters

Mr Wolf fixes problems !

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Mr Wolf fixes problems ! Empty Mr Wolf fixes problems !

Post by Eddie Tue Sep 02 2014, 15:49

One of my favourite films of all time is Pulp Fiction. Those who know the film will never forget Mr.Wolf, this is a classic new advert.

What are some of your favourite films ?

Regards Eddie
    Avocado Sevenfold
    Avocado Sevenfold

Female Posts : 258

Mr Wolf fixes problems ! Empty Re: Mr Wolf fixes problems !

Post by Avocado Sevenfold Tue Sep 02 2014, 16:13

This is mine

Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Tue Sep 02 2014, 16:27

eddie1 wrote:One of my favourite films of all time is Pulp Fiction. Those who know the film will never forget Mr.Wolf, this is a classic new advert.

Regards Eddie

I love 'Pulp fiction' too although some of my favourite clips aren't suitable for posting here! lol

I love the 'Late and great' John Hughes films and John Candy was legendary IMO and this clip from 'Trains,Planes and Automobiles' always cracks me up (Amongst others) Smile

Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Tue Sep 02 2014, 16:42

i love films!!! I'm not a huge mainstream tv'er but films are my thing:) this is a very tough question to answer as there as so many, pulp fiction is quite high up the list too, "life of brian" always pops into my head as a favourite, the gangster films "godfathers" "goodfellas" etc, i like prison films (its a fetish thing) "shawshank redemption" for example and especially the ww2 escapes, i hate or just don't get horrors! why would you want to be scared? and i don't get films like "saw" why? i like anything with denzil washington,  morgan freeman, samuel jackson.....and some white folks, i like the brtish films too, "lock stock" "snatch" "football factory" etc etc.... the list goes on, I'm leaving work now so I'm sure ill be thinking of loads i should have said on the way home

Last edited by Andy12345 on Tue Sep 02 2014, 16:43; edited 1 time in total
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Sep 02 2014, 16:43

Agree Paul John Candy one of the best actors that ever lived and died so young. This is just about the most moving scene I have ever seen, cracks me up every time I watch it. Eddie

mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Tue Sep 02 2014, 19:01

For me, it's old school. This is truly the only film that I watch every year and still chokes me up !
    "Every time a bell rings, an abel gets it's wings" Sad Sad Sad
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Tue Sep 02 2014, 19:04

i always found the film very frustrating tbh lol i want to kill the thief and cant get past it
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Tue Sep 02 2014, 19:05

Andy12345 wrote:i always found the film very frustrating tbh lol i want to kill the thief and cant get past it

You mean Old Man Potter ??

Post by Guest Tue Sep 02 2014, 19:21

Films ...love them and will watch many time and time again because I see something new each time I watch a film ....
    I like to check what's on tv each week and build up a selection of films to be stored away for cosy days.
    I prefer to buy a DVD rather than go out ....
    I like all types of films ....
    The last DVD I watched was Nelson Mandela ...long walk to,freedom ..I watched it a few weeks ago ...
    I have to watch war horse , but I know I will cry ...
    The last two girl,films I watched on tv ...were Bridget jones...
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Tue Sep 02 2014, 19:36

mo1905 wrote:
    Andy12345 wrote:i always found the film very frustrating tbh lol i want to kill the thief and cant get past it

You mean Old Man Potter ??

hehe probly. dont know his name
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Sep 02 2014, 19:47

During WW2 my old man served as a Royal Marine, he travelled the world and spent time in India. He came from a poor background but in India he learned what real poverty was all about. That being said, he told me how very poor people offered to share their food with him. That left a mark on me since I was a very young kid. It has never left me and I regard racism as cancer of the soul. This film I watched as a teenager it also left its mark.

Regards Eddie

Post by Guest Tue Sep 02 2014, 20:03

eddie1 wrote:During WW2 my old man served as a Royal Marine, he travelled the world and spent time in India. He came from a poor background but in India he learned what real poverty was all about. That being said, he told me how very poor people offered to share their food with him. That left a mark on me since I was a very young kid. It has never left me and I regard racism as cancer of the soul. This film I watched as a teenager it also left its mark.

Regards Eddie
    I am with you on this , people with hardly anything to eat ,,will always share what little they have , makes me feel,very humble and very lucky to have so many food choices ...and in fact clean drinking water...
    People have to see poverty to,really understand it , that is what your father did , he must of been a very kind man ...
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Tue Sep 02 2014, 21:36

Old man Eddie sounds like he was a top man ! It seems to me sometimes that the more we have, the greedier we get. There are those that have next to nothing but still share with a smile ! Lesson to all !
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Sep 02 2014, 21:47

Many years ago, and when a young man, I read a book by the actor Sterling Hayden called the Wanderer. It had a profound effect on me then, and to this day . A passage from this great book.

“So it is no wonder that the mass of people regard the wanderer as a cross between a romantic vagabond and an irresponsible semi-ne’er-do-well who can’t-or won’t-fit in. Which is not to say that those who are fated to stay at home and toe the line do not look at the wanderer with envy and, yes, even awe, for he is doing what they would like to be doing, and something tells them they will never do it unless they either “strike it rich” or retire -and once retirement rolls around, chances are it will be too late. They know that too.

This would seem to mean that the whole thing is largely a matter of luck, with which I would be the first to agree, having been blessed with good fortune through most of my working life. But I would be remiss if I didn’t add that if you want to wander, you’re going to have to work at it and give up the one thing that most non-wanderers prize so highly-the illusion of security.

I say “illusion” because the most “secure” people I’ve encountered are, when you come right down to it, the least secure once they have been removed from job and home and bank account. While those unfortunate enough to be locked into some despised and unrewarding job are even worse off. And if I have been favoured with good luck all down the years, I can also quickly single out scores of men and women spread around this beleaguered old world who, without “luck”, have managed to live lives of freedom and adventure (that curious word) beyond the wildest dreams of the stay-at-homes who, when fresh out of school, opted for that great destroyer of men’s souls, security.”

I read the book time and time again.

Regards Eddie
    Scandichic
    Scandichic

Female Posts : 109

Post by Scandichic Tue Sep 02 2014, 22:05

eddie1 wrote:One of my favourite films of all time is Pulp Fiction. Those who know the film will never forget Mr.Wolf, this is a classic new advert.

Regards Eddie
    This is my fave clip from Pulp Fiction:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 16:50