THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

Alcohol's bad for you ! maybe not

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Alcohol's bad for you ! maybe not Empty Alcohol's bad for you ! maybe not

Post by graham64 Fri Jul 17 2015, 22:33

Higher usual alcohol consumption was associated with a lower 41-y mortality risk from coronary artery disease in men independent of genetic and common environmental factors: the prospective NHLBI Twin Study

Consistent with prior studies of men in the United States (2), we found that alcohol consumed from beer at baseline and cumulatively tended to be inversely associated with CAD risk, whereas a similar association was found for either baseline wine or average spirit consumption. Therefore, our results generally support the hypothesis that total ethanol per se plays the dominant role in CAD

Full study here: http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/102/1/31.full.pdf

I'll drink to that  drunken
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Alcohol's bad for you ! maybe not Empty Re: Alcohol's bad for you ! maybe not

Post by Paul1976 Sat Jul 18 2015, 11:17

With my consumption I should be seeing in the year 2100 going by those findings! mrgreen

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 04:35