THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

Nutrition and Physical Degeneration

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Nutrition and Physical Degeneration Empty Nutrition and Physical Degeneration

Post by Eddie Sun Aug 31 2014, 19:15

Some time ago I read a great book, Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston A Price. This is another book that can be read free of charge at the link. As an appetiser some words below from this great book. A long read, but well worth the effort. This  book chronicles our journey into the abyss we find ourselves today.

Many years ago Weston Price travelled the world studying people who were known as "primitives" These people had lived in tribes and groups for thousands of years, living a very basic lifestyle compared to the so called advanced white man. He was amazed to find diseases such as cancer, heart disease and diabetes were almost unheard of. They had perfect teeth and bones and were physically fit. They ate what the land, their maker, God, whatever you believe provided for them. He found no prisons or mental institutions. The old were respected and looked after by the tribe. All worked perfectly, until the white man turned up. The primitives took up the white man's diet and ways, and the rapid destruction of these great cultures and people was swift.

"The culture and civilisation of the White man are essentially material; his measure of success is, "How much property have I acquired for myself?" The culture of the Red man is fundamentally spiritual; his measure of success is, "How much service have I rendered to my people?"  Ernest Thompson Seton

The faith of the primitive in the all-pervading power of which he is a part includes a belief in immortality. He lives in communion with the great unseen Spirit, of which he is a part, always in humility and reverence.

Elizabeth Odell in the following lines seems to express the spirit of the primitives.

Flat outstretched upon a mound
    Of earth I lie; I press my ear
    Against its surface and I hear
    Far off and deep, the measured sound
    Of heart that beats within the ground.
    And with it pounds in harmony
    The swift, familiar heart in me.
    They pulse as one, together swell,
    Together fall; I cannot tell
    My sound from earth's, for I am part
    Of rhythmic, universal heart.

The book can be read free of charge here http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks02/0200251h.html

Regards Eddie

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 20:50