THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

The 'man with the golden arm',

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

The 'man with the golden arm', Empty The 'man with the golden arm',

Post by Jan1 Wed Jun 10 2015, 17:34

James Harrison is a real life superhero, but he doesn't fly or run into burning buildings to save lives, he does something far more simple: he gives blood.

The 78-year-old pensioner has saved the lives of around two million babies by donating his rare type of blood for 60 years.

Harrison underwent chest surgery as a teenager and needed a blood transfusion. After his father told him that strangers had saved his life, Harrison vowed to do the same thing for others and began giving blood when he was 18 years old.

Once he began donating, doctors realised that his blood contained an anti-body capable of treating Rhesus disease.

At the time, Rhesus disease was causing deaths and birth defects in tens of thousands of babies worldwide each year.

The 'man with the golden arm', O-JAMES-HARRISON-570

Harrison agreed to participate in experiments after the incredible discovery about his blood was made and a vaccination for the disease was developed.

"A number of mothers have come up to me and said 'thank you very much for what you have done because I now have one, two, three heathy children'," Harrison comments.

Dubbed the 'man with the golden arm', he estimates he's now donated blood more than 1,000 times.

He's even been able to help his own daughter, who had a healthy son thanks to her father's blood.

What a guy!

Story From Here

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/06/10/james-harrison-donates-blood-rhesus-disease_n_7550534.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk%7Cdl5%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D357411

I thought this a nice story to share ...  sunny

All the best Jan

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 11:55