THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

A Mothers Musings

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

A Mothers Musings Empty A Mothers Musings

Post by Jan1 Fri Aug 29 2014, 17:29

A Mothers Musings Don_Hatfield_On_the_Beach

I've always liked this picture by Don Hatfield, we bought a print of it years ago, and it holds many special memories of times and years pleasantly spent by the sea as the children were growing up.

The years go by so quickly. I think it is important to hold on to special memories, the good and the not so good, that is what makes our life.

All too soon those young children have grown and fled the nest .....and they have children of their own. Suddenly it's Grandma and Grandad as well as still being a mum and dad. Sometimes it means children at University - for some it may mean sons/daughters going into our armed forces. Whatever path our children take our love is always with them.

But what do you do when your nest is empty, you may feel un-balanced, there is an uncanny silence about the place. Circumstances may mean you have to move house, downsize ......which could result in more anxiety.

You want to call ...but at the same time realise that growing children do need their space, they also need to settle into their lives, wherever it takes them. Still you worry - it's what mothers do and I suspect fathers do too.    

Perhaps, I'll just send a text - say hello and how are you? A phone call may be too intrusive? Yes, a text will be fine and it's so nice to hear 'yes I'm fine mum'. Of course if I hear more, that's good too, in fact some of the text messages we share make me smile 'out loud' so to speak

Such a simple contact with a loved one (or good friend) just eases the mind, everything is OK and life continues down it's winding path.

It's good to know that we are in each others thoughts, that contact is there and of course when you speak on the phone, or see them, even better.

I've always enjoyed being a mum and now a Grandma, I've been privileged.

Thanks for reading this ...... 'Mothers Musings'

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

A Mothers Musings Empty Re: A Mothers Musings

Post by mo1905 Fri Aug 29 2014, 17:35

Nice words and lovely pic Jan. I've been thinking similar things too lately, my daughter got engaged last week and I just feel so old now lol ! I love having my kids around and dread the day they all bugger off ! 2 boys to go though and no chance of them going for a while, tight buggers :-)
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Fri Aug 29 2014, 17:57

I know what you mean Mo. It's a tough gig when you know your daughter is more influenced by another man, but that's the way it goes, and quite rightly so. Hopefully the new man will still be around when we are in the ground. If the new man loves them as much as us, our daughters will have had a result. That's the way it goes mate.

Eddie
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Fri Aug 29 2014, 18:05

I've got all this to come having 2 daughters in my family! I feel for you Mo! As Eddie says..If their fella loves them as much as us Dad's then that's all we can hope for and I'm hoping when I'm in this position with my girls then I'm going to gain some son's too that I can have a laugh and drink with at weekends! Smile
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Fri Aug 29 2014, 18:29

We live in a world of so much horror, but I have always believed good always overcomes evil. When I stop believing that, I want out !

Eddie
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sun Aug 31 2014, 08:43

I'm lucky in that we are all still very close. Even now, my kids still come on holiday with us ! Do you think this may be because I still pay lol !
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sun Aug 31 2014, 08:44

paul1976 wrote:I've got all this to come having 2 daughters in my family! I feel for you Mo! As Eddie says..If their fella loves them as much as us Dad's then that's all we can hope for and I'm hoping when I'm in this position with my girls then I'm going to gain some son's too that I can have a laugh and drink with at weekends! Smile

He's a great guy Paul but you know as well as I do, NO MAN is good enough for your daughter right ;-)
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Sun Aug 31 2014, 09:42

Downsizing ... that's becoming less common because of the cost of housing and the kids need somewhere to return to!

Son left some years ago, but my daughter (24) still lives at home - she can't afford to leave! But we're all great friends, and her friends like coming here because we're, er, a bit 'unconventional' (i.e. 30-somethings in 60s bodies).
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sun Aug 31 2014, 09:47

Same here Rod lol ! I've been known to party harder than my kids :-)
    My head still thinks I'm a 20 year old non-diabetic sometimes !
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Sun Aug 31 2014, 14:16

It's not easy for the young these days .....was it ever easy?

I know folks who have downsized and given money to their sons/daughters to help them start on the property ladder almost saying ' well the money would have come to you anyway so have it now rather than later'.

Whereas there are those whose children are living in the family home into their late 20's and 30's.

More affordable housing needed maybe ?

Anyway I hear there's a party at Thommo's next week for all of us slighty older folks who are forever young at heart. Smile

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sun Aug 31 2014, 14:20

I'll be there ! Watneys Party 7 in hand and a jar of pickled eggs :-)
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Sun Aug 31 2014, 15:49

mo1905 wrote:I'll be there ! Watneys Party 7 in hand and a jar of pickled eggs :-)

No no Mo, you can think you are 20 but you don't have to go back to when you were Shocked
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sun Aug 31 2014, 16:25

OK, what about Hofmeister then ? Follow the bear ? Ah, the good old days ! When I could walk into a pub and ask for a Light & Lager without a funny stare ! Back to Thommo's I guess :-)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content