THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

Broccoli good for low carbing. Can it help arthritis too?

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Broccoli good for low carbing. Can it help arthritis too? Empty Broccoli good for low carbing. Can it help arthritis too?

Post by Jan1 Tue May 05 2015, 15:05

Well broccoli is high on my list of essential low carb good foods. Whether you are a diabetic, or non diabetic, in my opinion it is a 'super-food' and just great for including in my LCHF menu plans.

But I read this article with interest.

Treatments For Arthritis: Artificial Version Of Broccoli Ingredient Could Ease Inflammation, Researchers Say

Eating our greens may have even more health benefits than we first anticipated.

An artificial version of an ingredient in broccoli could prove to be an effective treatment for osteoarthritis, say researchers.

The broccoli compound sulforophane is known to block the inflammation and damage to cartilage associated with the condition.

But patients would have to eat a great deal of the vegetable every day to derive any significant benefit. Sulforophane in its natural form is also too unstable to turn into a medicine.

Now the UK drug company Evgen Pharma has developed a stable synthetic version of the chemical that offers the potential of a pill treatment.

Link to rest of article here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/04/27/broccoli-arthritis-treatment-study_n_7149814.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk%7Cdl5%7Csec3_lnk4%26pLid%3D347804

Have you any thoughts  Question

All the best Jan

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 14:25