THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Werner Theodor Otto Forßmann this man helped to save my life !

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Werner Theodor Otto Forßmann this man helped to save my life ! Empty Werner Theodor Otto Forßmann this man helped to save my life !

Post by Eddie Wed Aug 27 2014, 18:14

Imagine this for a story. Many years ago a man had an idea, he reckoned you could insert a wire or catheter directly into the heart with no ill effects. No one had tried this stunt before, so he tried it out on himself, bingo he survived. When his learned Professors found out they fired him as a maverick madman, not the sort of man they wanted around the place. Some years later he was awarded the Nobel prize for his lunacy. That was the start of a whole new world of cardio exploration. Fast forward and five years ago or so, his ideas and a couple of stents saved my life. As Jimmy Greaves used to say "football it's a funny old game"

This world needs more lunatics like Werner check him out here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werner_Forssmann

Kind regards Eddie
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Werner Theodor Otto Forßmann this man helped to save my life ! Empty Re: Werner Theodor Otto Forßmann this man helped to save my life !

Post by mo1905 Wed Aug 27 2014, 18:29

Never even heard of the guy ! Shame really ! It's all Posh 'n Becks nowadays ! True genius forgotten !
    Eddie
    Eddie

Werner Theodor Otto Forßmann this man helped to save my life ! Empty Re: Werner Theodor Otto Forßmann this man helped to save my life !

Post by Eddie Wed Aug 27 2014, 18:37

Hi Mo

I have been studying Cardiothoracic surgery for the last five years, any time you need a quick op (I hope you never will) I'm ya man. lol!

Regards Eddie
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Wed Aug 27 2014, 18:41

A great man indeed who has probably saved literally millions of folks the pain,misery and the risks of having to endure open heart surgery to repair blocked coronary arteries!
    A cath lab procedure or having your sternum split? No contest for me!
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Wed Aug 27 2014, 18:42

eddie1 wrote:Hi Mo

I have been studying Cardiothoracic surgery for the last five years, any time you need a quick op (I hope you never will) I'm ya man. lol!

Regards Eddie

Cheers Eddie but if I ever do need any cardio work I'll probably stick with A&E rather than you turn up with a knife and fork and a bottle of red to calm your nerves lol !
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Wed Aug 27 2014, 18:44

eddie1 wrote:Hi Mo

Regards Eddie

affraid lol! A couple of bottles of Jack and ya won't feel a thing eh?!! Twisted Evil
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Aug 27 2014, 21:52

I just dug out my old hospital papers. 90% proximal stenosis of the LAD with minor irregularities distally, irregularities in the Cx and two 95% stenosis in the distel RCA. Underwent PCI to the LAD and RCA with two Endeavor stents. This procedure was done at midday, and you stay wide awake, very interesting and one hell of a focus attention job I can assure you. Basically they use high pressure to open up the blockages, they then insert a tiny spring (costs around two grand a piece expensive or what !) I was out of the hospital at 7pm on the same day a Friday. Fishing the next day and back at work on Monday. It knocked 20 years off my life. I can describe this as like driving an old car, you don't realise how far it has gone until you drive a new car and realise how bad the old banger has become. Over five years on the old repaired banger is still going strong, but for how long, that's where it gets really interesting, well for me anyway.

BTW if you are ever advised you need this procedure go for it, no pain, low risk and it can turn your life around. I had no choice, a poor quality of life or a slim chance of goodnight Vienna. Before this situation I was high carb low fat for around twenty years, never again, it came close to killing me.

Regards Eddie

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10 2024, 19:44