THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

Fish Curry With Coconut and Spinach

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Fish Curry With Coconut and Spinach Empty Fish Curry With Coconut and Spinach

Post by Jan1 Wed Aug 27 2014, 15:48

Fish Curry With Coconut and Spinach Fishcurry1-2
    Can you handle 5.8 ?

5.8 being the number of carbs per serving in this lovely recipe Libby at 'Ditch the Carbs' recently posted. I've quoted her below and you can see how simple this lovely recipe is. My only suggestion would be if you like rice why not have cauliflower rice ......the low carb alternative?

Serves: 6

INGREDIENTS

1kg firm white fish cut into cubes
    2-4 tbs curry paste of choice
    400ml coconut cream
    400ml water
    500g spinach washed and sliced
    oil of choice

INSTRUCTIONS

Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the curry paste and fry on a moderate heat for 2-3 minutes to activate the spices.

Add the coconut cream and water, and bring to the boil.

Carefully add the fish pieces and reduce the heat. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.

Add the prepared spinach and cook for another 3-4 minutes, or until the spinach has wilted. Serve in large bowls.

"I've never fancied curried fish, but thought I would give it a go. It’s always nice to find different ways to include more fish in our diet. I made this Fish Curry with Coconut and Spinach using hoki, which is a New Zealand firm white fish. Any firm fish would be suitable, just not salmon because the curry would overpower the delicate salmon flavour. I served the fish curry in bowls with no rice, as rice is an unnecessary carbohydrate which generally bulks up the meal and bulks out the nutrition. By having a bowl just of the curry, we have doubled the fish and spinach we would have eaten. I remember giving up rice, and trying to get my head around that rice was a huge part of the meal, but actually, it shouldn’t be. We now eat curry, or a stir fry alone, or we add vegetables on the side. The children especially, have increased their vegetable and meat intake dramatically by doing this. I especially found my youngest would eat the rice, and leave the meat or vegetables on one side, kind of defeating the purpose of dinner.

Fish curry with Coconut and Spinach is low carb, simple, easy and incredibly nutritious. The recipe can be varied by adding green beans, coriander, cashews, prawns or ginger. Not only is this a simple and easy curry to make, there is one saucepan to clean up afterwards, and all served in one bowl per person."

Words and recipe taken from here http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2014/08/22/fish-curry-coconut-spinach/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ditchthecarbs%2Fpkck+%28Ditch+The+Carbs%29

All the best Jan

Fish Curry With Coconut and Spinach Empty Re: Fish Curry With Coconut and Spinach

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27 2014, 15:54

Jan1 wrote:
    Can you handle 5.8 ?

5.8 being the number of carbs per serving in this lovely recipe Libby at 'Ditch the Carbs' recently posted. I've quoted her below and you can see how simple this lovely recipe is. My only suggestion would be if you like rice why not have cauliflower rice ......the low carb alternative?

INGREDIENTS

400ml coconut cream
    400ml water
    oil of choice

INSTRUCTIONS

Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the curry paste and fry on a moderate heat for 2-3 minutes to activate the spices.

Add the prepared spinach and cook for another 3-4 minutes, or until the spinach has wilted. Serve in large bowls.

"I've never fancied curried fish, but thought I would give it a go. It’s always nice to find different ways to include more fish in our diet. I made this Fish Curry with Coconut and Spinach using hoki, which is a New Zealand firm white fish. Any firm fish would be suitable, just not salmon because the curry would overpower the delicate salmon flavour. I served the fish curry in bowls with no rice, as rice is an unnecessary carbohydrate which generally bulks up the meal and bulks out the nutrition. By having a bowl just of the curry, we have doubled the fish and spinach we would have eaten. I remember giving up rice, and trying to get my head around that rice was a huge part of the meal, but actually, it shouldn’t be. We now eat curry, or a stir fry alone, or we add vegetables on the side. The children especially, have increased their vegetable and meat intake dramatically by doing this. I especially found my youngest would eat the rice, and leave the meat or vegetables on one side, kind of defeating the purpose of dinner.

Fish curry with Coconut and Spinach is low carb, simple, easy and incredibly nutritious. The recipe can be varied by adding green beans, coriander, cashews, prawns or ginger. Not only is this a simple and easy curry to make, there is one saucepan to clean up afterwards, and all served in one bowl per person."

Words and recipe taken from here http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2014/08/22/fish-curry-coconut-spinach/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ditchthecarbs%2Fpkck+%28Ditch+The+Carbs%29

All the best Jan
    Hi jan sounds just delicious ....I have mine slightly different no fish but tofu instead ...and I cook it all in the spice turmeric ....the combination of spinach and coconut is one of my favourites .....my husband would have the fish .... sunny
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Fish Curry With Coconut and Spinach Empty Re: Fish Curry With Coconut and Spinach

Post by Jan1 Fri Apr 24 2015, 22:16

Jan1 wrote:
    Can you handle 5.8 ?

INGREDIENTS

400ml coconut cream
    400ml water
    oil of choice

INSTRUCTIONS

All the best Jan

Since this Forum started in August 2014, we have posted many posts, covering a lot of different subjects. We are so fortunate to have a lot of great LCHF menu's to try out and share.

This one is a great one from friend Libby at 'Ditch The Carbs' blog and I have bumped up this terrific recipe  Smile

If you haven't tried it yet - it's well worth it.

Bon Appetit

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 06:19