THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
graham64
beardie
6 posters

How Many Of These Are In Your Shopping Basket ?

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

How Many Of These Are In Your Shopping Basket ? Empty How Many Of These Are In Your Shopping Basket ?

Post by Jan1 Mon Apr 13 2015, 15:20

How Many Of These Are In Your Shopping Basket ? Different-types-of-vegetables

Most, but not all, of us are fortunate to be able to eat a wide variety of foods. Some of us are guilty of over eating and there are still far too many people in this world that are going hungry. We have seen the increase in food banks that many rely on ...... we have children going to school without eating breakfast because their parent has had to decide, does the home have fuel or food. Nothing is ever perfect, and we can only do our best to help others not as fortunate.

The basket in the picture has many great vegetables, and that to me represents just one part of my menu plans. If you are fortunate enough to grow your own, or can afford organic all the better. During my weekly meals I love to ensure a good selection of meat, fish, poultry, eggs, dairy, healthy fats, small handfuls of nuts such as almonds or macadamias, non starchy vegetables such as broccoli, kale, swede, plus fruits such as blackberries and raspberries. This isn't by any means an extensive, or exhaustive list here, there are many more foods that I include in my menu plans, you only have to look around this Forum and Low Carb Blog(s) to see a wide variety of menu ideas ..... but of course do take into account any allergies or underlying health conditions you may have.

Living the Low Carb High Fat lifestyle or LCHF for short has been a way of life for me for seven years now and I just wouldn't have it any other way. In my opinion, and as others have found, it is a great lifestyle for diabetics and non diabetics alike ..... but then as this Forum is called 'The Low Carb Diabetic' you just knew I was going to say that didn't you?

Next time you go shopping, choose wisely, eat and live as healthily as possible. We only have one body - make the decision to look after it as best you can.

All the best Jan
    beardie
    beardie

How Many Of These Are In Your Shopping Basket ? Empty Re: How Many Of These Are In Your Shopping Basket ?

Post by beardie Mon Apr 13 2015, 17:29

What no broccoli?
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

How Many Of These Are In Your Shopping Basket ? Empty Re: How Many Of These Are In Your Shopping Basket ?

Post by Paul1976 Mon Apr 13 2015, 17:32

It's hiding behind the Aubergine. Wink
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Apr 13 2015, 19:30

beardie wrote:What no broccoli?

Think its under the red pepper - it's definitely on my shopping list !

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Apr 13 2015, 19:32

Paul1976 wrote:It's hiding behind the Aubergine. Wink

Almost right - I think it was under the red pepper lol!

It's now cooking in my saucepan sunny

All the best Jan
    beardie
    beardie

Post by beardie Mon Apr 13 2015, 20:28

Broccoli which can be hidden behind anything is too small.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Apr 13 2015, 20:37

beardie wrote:Broccoli which can be hidden behind anything is too small.

That's probably true  Exclamation  And now we've eaten all I bought  Exclamation

Must get some more tomorrow sunny

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Mon Apr 13 2015, 21:54

Wot no cornflakes  What a Face

OK I'll get me coat Embarassed
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Mon Apr 13 2015, 21:58

graham64 wrote:Wot no cornflakes  What a Face

OK I'll get me coat Embarassed

LOL!! Don't forget regular bread too which is fine by Mr Bonkers...It's just we don't slice it thin enough these days!! woot Oh,and the vinegar that lowers the spike so we can eat chips too! facepalm Good ol' Sid!! cheers
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Apr 14 2015, 18:07

Well cereals certainly are not on my shopping list lol!  

Did get some more broccoli - great price at ASDA 49p for a bunch.

Does anyone use Farmers Markets for buying their veggies and meat?

All the best Jan
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Tue Apr 14 2015, 18:10

I don't tend to use farmer's markets very much. I generally find they are overpriced and have sometimes travelled further than the veg in the local street market!
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Apr 14 2015, 18:48

I do like the way 'Morrisons' display their vegetables in the 'Market' style - they always seem fresh and reasonably priced.

Jan

Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Tue Apr 14 2015, 18:51

Jan1 wrote:I do like the way 'Morrisons' display their vegetables in the 'Market' style - they always seem fresh and reasonably priced.

Jan

I do too! Smile Their fruit and veg dept blows Tesco's one out of the water.
    beardie
    beardie

Post by beardie Tue Apr 14 2015, 18:56

Their water misters keep everything fresh.
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Tue Apr 14 2015, 18:56

I don't have a Morrison's near me. Sad
    beardie
    beardie

Post by beardie Tue Apr 14 2015, 18:59

zand wrote:I don't have a Morrison's near me.  Sad

http://www.vividbrand.com/wp-content/uploads/photo10-546x408.jpg is a pic for you then Smile
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Tue Apr 14 2015, 19:24

I planted some parsnips a few weeks back but found out today they won't be ready till Oct ??? Blimey, I wouldn't have bothered ! I love growing my own veg but I'm very impatient and need fast results lol !
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Apr 14 2015, 22:19

mo1905 wrote:I planted some parsnips a few weeks back but found out today they won't be ready till Oct ??? Blimey, I wouldn't have bothered ! I love growing my own veg but I'm very impatient and need fast results lol !

Parsnips in October will be lovely sunny

How about growing some lettuce or tomatoes ?

All the best Jan
    beardie
    beardie

Post by beardie Tue Apr 14 2015, 22:22

In OCTOBER?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 11:30