THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+5
Bill
graham64
Avocado Sevenfold
mo1905
Paul1976
9 posters

DCUK aka The Gulag aka The Flog does the skulduggery ever end ?

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

DCUK aka The Gulag aka The Flog does the skulduggery ever end ? Empty DCUK aka The Gulag aka The Flog does the skulduggery ever end ?

Post by Eddie Sun Feb 01 2015, 13:34

DCUK aka The Gulag aka The Flog does the skulduggery ever end ? Proxy?url=http%3A%2F%2F2.bp.blogspot.com%2F-XDwOsuRkKjQ%2FVM4exZ8kMlI%2FAAAAAAAAIvM%2FLN1aQvy0uws%2Fs1600%2Fperm%252B36%252Bgulag
    Meanwhile back at the Gulag

Over at the forum of flog, members voice concerns about information going to the flog's facebook page. Members ask too many straight questions, get bluffed off, and the thread is locked and sinks into oblivion.

Changes are made on the forum and new thread starts called 'New Forum Improvements' a member posts to the forum admin on the new thread "Yes, the linking of threads to Facebook. This has been discussed on another thread but still awaiting reply. Thanks" admin replies "Hi danny - this thread is only for dealing with technical issues."

This is code for, we will do what we like with your posts and if you don't like it you a can f**k off.

Another member posts.

"I was going to PM you about this but decided it should be said publicly.
    As you know we had a thread (now closed) re the linking of threads to Facebook. Several of us expressed a dislike of this practice. I understand that you personally are not in control of what happens on Facebook and accept this.

I would like to say that I find the new practice of displaying the new profile posts so publicly on the forum home page now to be disturbing: several of us complained because we didn't like Facebook, now the forum has become more like Facebook! That seems like a kick in the teeth for those of us who expressed our opinion on that closed thread (who together have posted many thousands of messages on this forum)."

Danny posts.

"Totally agree. Very disappointing end to a very informative thread. Basically it says we understand many members are unhappy be we are unwilling to deal with it so lock it and hope it goes away. We were promised that Giverny and Admin were dealing with this."

Will the members get a straight answer? Are the forum "Improvements" beneficial to the members? are the "improvements" further marketing ploys to further the commercial aims of the flog?  is more skulduggery going on?

We need to be told! The way to the Gulag is here. http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/new-forum-improvements.71078/page-19
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

DCUK aka The Gulag aka The Flog does the skulduggery ever end ? Empty Re: DCUK aka The Gulag aka The Flog does the skulduggery ever end ?

Post by Paul1976 Sun Feb 01 2015, 13:50

I reckon it ceased to be a Diabetes forum a long time ago-It resembles a poor version of FaceBook more and more each day with most of the new topics being general discussion.

Check out this post...

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/why-do-i-keep-going-off-the-boil.71296#post-753346

I seem to remember this member has or had real issues with BG control but there's nobody left to try and help her as they've either been banned or they're too afraid to speak out and offer tough love through fear of reprisals.

It's more like DiabetesABC-UK over there now where no-one argues with the boss or messiah that is known as 'Admin' Evil or Very Mad
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

DCUK aka The Gulag aka The Flog does the skulduggery ever end ? Empty Re: DCUK aka The Gulag aka The Flog does the skulduggery ever end ?

Post by Eddie Sun Feb 01 2015, 14:30

Good grief even Robinredbreast gets uppity !

"I will have to agree with the last few posts, because at the end of the day this forum wouldn't exist if not for the wonderful caring and some outstanding contributions by members.

The reason for the frustrating and negative remarks would be because of the lack of support from 'behind the scenes, Administration' and if a pm is sent, how many actually get a reply ? and because of our support for one another on here, the frustration gets posted publicly on a thread like this one.
    I too dislike seeing someone's profile message on the' front cover' so to speak , unnecessary and too personal.
    Please, could we all get a good, sensible ( in plain English) and a positive outcome from this.

We, the members, are not invisible, not insufficient, there is a reason why we are here, DIABETES, so time to step up please Diabetes.co.uk .

Thank you and I will be looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards"

RRB
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sun Feb 01 2015, 15:59

Nothing surprises me any more over there. Their only objective is to raise membership at any cost. Little things like management of diabetes comes second.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Sun Feb 01 2015, 20:42

Lol did you see the photo thread? And it says an awful lot with the Facebook issues

I love it Smile
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sun Feb 01 2015, 20:49

Andy12345 wrote:Lol did you see the photo thread? And it says an awful lot with the Facebook issues

I love it Smile

Didn't last long lol ! Chopper Anna quick to lock anything that may raise eyebrows ! See here :

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/pics-of-members-being-used-to-promote-the-forum.71365/
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Feb 01 2015, 21:00

mo1905 wrote:
    Andy12345 wrote:Lol did you see the photo thread? And it says an awful lot with the Facebook issues

I love it Smile

Didn't last long lol ! Chopper Anna quick to lock anything that may raise eyebrows !  See here :

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/pics-of-members-being-used-to-promote-the-forum.71365/

Thread was lock by: anna29
    Reason: advertising members faces without their permission
    Lock date: 20:39 01-02-2015

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!

You couldn't make this shite up!! All ok for the admin to publicise piccies at will but if a member highlights this action out of concern then it's the crime of century???? Jesus wept!! affraid

As the big brother audience would chant..."GET ANNA OUT-GET ANNA OUT..."

Perhaps this piccie of one of Anna's good friends would be more agreeable with her?

DCUK aka The Gulag aka The Flog does the skulduggery ever end ? Jabba-the-gut
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sun Feb 01 2015, 21:04

With all this stuff lately, You can feel it building up to....

Absolutely nothing lol
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sun Feb 01 2015, 21:08

I felt sorry for Brunneria ! Anna made it sound like she'd committed a crime ! How dare someone highlight the fact that DCUK are posting links of member's faces on FB ! I know I keep saying it but that place is seriously getting worse and the mods are losing the plot !
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sun Feb 01 2015, 21:14

Hehe agreed Smile

But nothing will change Smile

its not a democracy
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sun Feb 01 2015, 21:17

I feel another thread locking coming on lmao
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sun Feb 01 2015, 21:18

It's lucky I'm banned or I'd get banned for sure lol
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sun Feb 01 2015, 21:20

I say lets light some sticks and go get us a witch
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Feb 01 2015, 21:23

Andy12345 wrote:It's lucky I'm banned or I'd get banned for sure lol

LOL!! Me too!! This kind of stuff would have had me like a rat down a drainpipe if they hadn't have banned me too! lol!
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sun Feb 01 2015, 21:24

Remember, it's OK for DCUK to post anything, anywhere, including pics. It's in the rules. However, it's in the rules that do not apply to mere "members". How dare they think that these rules apply to them lol !
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sun Feb 01 2015, 21:26

Paul wrote:

LOL!! Me too!! This kind of stuff would have had me like a rat down a drainpipe if they hadn't have banned me too! lol!

But we're talking about Andy, king of the circumventors lol ! Surely a man of your means has "friends" ;-)
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Feb 01 2015, 21:31

mo1905 wrote:I felt sorry for Brunneria ! Anna made it sound like she'd committed a crime !

Yeah,me too! I like Brun and much of what she posts-Kinda sad she doesn't post here anymore-perhaps she felt we mentioned DCUK too much? I don't know- Maybe we do but we only do it to highlight the nonsense that goes on at such an influential and large Diabetes resource that has a big knock on effect on our fellow diabetics,a bit like what some of the members over there are now starting to realise as well recently perhaps?
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Feb 01 2015, 21:34

mo1905 wrote:
    Paul wrote:

But we're talking about Andy, king of the circumventors lol ! Surely a man of your means has "friends" ;-)

LOL! They're laying low at the moment but it might be time for us to do an 'Avengers Assembled' and I'll get 'em out of retirement in conjunction with a few 'Allies' Wink
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sun Feb 01 2015, 21:48

Lol
    Avocado Sevenfold
    Avocado Sevenfold

Female Posts : 258

Post by Avocado Sevenfold Sun Feb 01 2015, 22:07

Brun is a wonderful, intelligent woman. Seeing her being spoken down to like a naughty toddler upsets me Mad
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sun Feb 01 2015, 22:11

Avocado Sevenfold wrote:Brun is a wonderful, intelligent woman.  Seeing her being spoken down to like a naughty toddler upsets me Mad  

Anyone being spoken to like that is wrong. Anna's manner is very aggressive and rude. She clearly has no people skills and makes snap decisions.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Feb 01 2015, 22:14

Avocado Sevenfold wrote:Brun is a wonderful, intelligent woman.  Seeing her being spoken down to like a naughty toddler upsets me Mad  

Agreed!! The senior mod needs to be fired! Sooner rather than later as she is running that place like a headless chicken and not caring who she offends. Evil or Very Mad
    Avocado Sevenfold
    Avocado Sevenfold

Female Posts : 258

Post by Avocado Sevenfold Sun Feb 01 2015, 22:17

Brun is strong and savvy and will see it for what it is. God only knows what the newbies must think Rolling Eyes
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Sun Feb 01 2015, 22:21

See their now referring to forum rules which must be one of the most oppressive set of rules ever devised  affraid  

With Osidge and Anna both logged on there could be a raft of warnings and bans being issued, even noblehead jocolor  has pulled on his jackboots and is trying to impress with his moderator status No and with the cherub in tow we have a full set of cugila trained goons,
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sun Feb 01 2015, 22:25

Poooof! Lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 14:07