THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+12
Eddie
Derek
RANDBURG
beardie
sanguine
Paul1976
zand
Sharon
mo1905
Andy12345
Moose
Indy51
16 posters

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'

zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  - Page 2 Empty Re: Television Series and all that 'Jazz'

Post by zand Tue Oct 28 2014, 12:56

Well Moose it's been really nice chatting to you, but I must go away and do some work now.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  - Page 2 Empty Re: Television Series and all that 'Jazz'

Post by Jan1 Wed Oct 29 2014, 08:59

.....change of topic!

Did anyone watch the 'The Missing' last night on BBC 1?

I'm liking it already Smile

All the best Jan
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Wed Oct 29 2014, 09:07

Yes Jan I watched it and I liked it. I got a bit emotional at times when I remembered the odd occasion when my little boys slipped out of sight for a moment - horrid. I always watch anything with James Nesbitt in 'cos I think his accent is gorgeous - and I quite like him too. Smile
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Oct 29 2014, 20:44

zand wrote:Yes Jan I watched it and I liked it.  I got a bit emotional at times when I remembered the odd occasion when my little boys slipped out of sight for a moment - horrid.  I always watch anything with James Nesbitt in 'cos I think his accent is gorgeous - and I quite like him too.  Smile

Have to agree with you ...when that little boy was in that huge crowd, it took me back to when we watched almost 'hawk' eyed when ours were young. Being on a beach was never easy, the instructions 'do not cross over from that groyn to the other' always fell on deaf ears. (Have I spelt the beach groyn right?)They were far too busy playing to watch where the groynes were. Fun being young and it's up to parents to be watchful.

Have to  agree with you on the voice - James Nesbitt has a great voice, think he earns a fortune from the adverts and voice overs he does. Good luck to him  Smile

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Nov 02 2014, 14:04

It's the US Grand Prix today ......

I'm hoping Lewis Hamilton can pull off another win - I know he'll try.

Note to Rod (Sanguine) I promise not to say who won until the highlights have been on the TV later. Now if anyone else gives the game away freakout woot

Just had to use those emoticons love them !!!!

All the best Jan
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sun Nov 02 2014, 14:29

Jan1 wrote:It's the US Grand Prix today ......

I'm hoping Lewis Hamilton can pull off another win - I know he'll try.

Note to Rod (Sanguine) I promise not to say who won until the highlights have been on the TV later. Now if anyone else gives the game away freakout woot

Just had to use those emoticons love them !!!!

All the best Jan

Double points today so a pretty important race for Lewis but here's hoping as my television is currently being hogged for the next few hours so I'll have to wait for highlights later too! Cool

Glad you like the 'new' emoticons Jan and will try and add some more up over the coming days. Wink
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Nov 02 2014, 19:14

>>>>>>  Oh change of subject, earlier this afternoon Eddie and I were watching some old Morecambe and Wise shows, then Hancocks Half Hour followed by Peter Cook and Dudley Moore

Brilliant stuff Very Happy  

Will todays comedy shows stand the test of time ?

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sun Nov 02 2014, 21:30

Did you watch Speed with Guy Martin Jan ? Another great episode !
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Nov 02 2014, 21:41

mo1905 wrote:Did you watch Speed with Guy Martin Jan ? Another great episode !

Don't tell Eddie BUT I just love Guy Martin !!

What a character very much his own person and watching him on the TT races ...... amazing.

All the best Jan

flower
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sun Nov 02 2014, 21:50

Jan1 wrote:

What a character very much his own person and watching him on the TT races ...... amazing.

All the best Jan

flower
    It's on now on C4+1. Don't worry about Eddie, he's copped a night shift at Poundland :-)
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Nov 03 2014, 15:47

mo1905 wrote:
    Jan1 wrote:

All the best Jan

flower
    It's on now on C4+1. Don't worry about Eddie, he's copped a night shift at Poundland :-)

Thanks Mo caught that episode last night sunny

Wonder if he will succeed in the hovercraft quest?
    Guess I'll have to wait and see Smile

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Tue Nov 04 2014, 22:35

I watched 2nd episode of The Missing tonight and I'm lost ! Anyone else struggling ? Must stop drinking whilst watching TV :-)
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Nov 04 2014, 23:52

mo1905 wrote:I watched 2nd episode of The Missing tonight and I'm lost ! Anyone else struggling ? Must stop drinking whilst watching TV :-)

Stick to tea Mo lol!

Got to say I'm getting into this series, they are still introducing characters and storyline ....and it does jump from present day back to 2006 but I'm following it.

I believe it's something like an eight week series so I hope they can hold the storyline well.

Plan to watch it next week !!

Anyone got any views on this or other favourite TV series ?

All the best Jan
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Wed Nov 05 2014, 07:35

I missed The Missing, so I will have to catch up before next week Smile
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Wed Nov 05 2014, 09:31

leftovers.........huh? can't stop watching it, can't start getting it
    Sharon

Post by Sharon Thu Nov 06 2014, 20:35

professional master chef . good food. wish i could cook like they do .
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Nov 06 2014, 20:40

Me too Sharon but luckily I get by just enough to not poison everyone and my grub don't taste bad (So I'm told lol) but it don't look too pretty I'm afraid lol but it's good to watch those on TV who can achieve both. Smile

Cheers

Paul
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Nov 14 2014, 18:06

TV Series .....'The Missing'

Managed to watch it again this week, I think the story is developing well, I like the French Detective - plays his part well.

Is anyone a fan of 'The Fall' ? Meant to be excellent but I never saw any of the first series.

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Nov 15 2014, 21:37

Does anyone else enjoy watching Inspector Montalbano on BBC4 - it's set in Sicily. Good series but you have to read the subtitles. It's on now so I'm signing out.

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Nov 16 2014, 23:02

Has anyone else seen the film Warhorse? Watched it on the BBC this evening ......really enjoyed it.

All the best Jan
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Mon Nov 17 2014, 06:18

No Jan I didn't get to see Warhorse, the others watched football. Sad

I haven't seen Inspector Montalbano, probably because I don't look as far as BBC4! never watched The Fall either.

Yes I saw The Missing this week. It was really good but I found the bit at the end hard to watch. I'll watch this week's episode though. Smile
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Mon Nov 17 2014, 08:57

Jan1 wrote:Has anyone else seen the film Warhorse? Watched it on the BBC this evening ......really enjoyed it.

All the best Jan

We went to see the theatre production a couple of months ago in London. Truly amazing show !
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Mon Nov 17 2014, 09:15

one of my kids wants to see the new hunger games movie and one wants teenage mutant turtles so we are going at the same time as we often do when they wanna see different films, now which one will i go in with?

hiiiiiyaaaaaa!!!!!
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Mon Nov 17 2014, 09:16

Definitely Turtles for the win!! Very Happy
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Mon Nov 17 2014, 11:00

Well, let's get serious here guys ! How was was I'm a Celebrity lol ! Did Melanie Sykes show Jimmy Bullard who has the bigger set lol ! Love it :-)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 13:52