THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+12
Eddie
Derek
RANDBURG
beardie
sanguine
Paul1976
zand
Sharon
mo1905
Andy12345
Moose
Indy51
16 posters

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  - Page 3 Empty Re: Television Series and all that 'Jazz'

Post by Jan1 Mon Nov 17 2014, 16:50

Decisions ... Decisions !

Do I post individual post replies ?   Or go for the @ button ?

Guess the @ button won Smile

@Zand .....yes that ending in 'The Missing' was not easy viewing. I think the storyline is progressing well though.

@Andy ..... I'm reliably informed, by younger family members, that both 'The Hunger Games' and 'Turtles' are well worth seeing.

@Paul ..... Turtles, always has been a family favourite, and the grandchildren are now enjoying it too.

@Mo ..... Lucky you seeing the stage play of Warhorse. From memory it did have teething problems, but in the end all was sorted. The film was brilliant.
    As for I'm a Celebrity - not on my TV you're not !  lol!
    But then TV choice is up to the viewer and Eddie would not watch Strictly or The X Factor.

Life is about choice .....and the on / off switch is handy.

All the best Jan

flower
    Jan1
    Jan1

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  - Page 3 Empty Re: Television Series and all that 'Jazz'

Post by Jan1 Wed Nov 19 2014, 22:46

Well I don't always watch 'The Apprentice' but did tonight .....didn't think Lauren should have been 'fired' !

Did anyone else watch it this evening?

Jan

flower
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Jan 10 2015, 23:37

New Year and a new look to Saturday Night Viewing    -    it's The Voice on BBC1 and Spiral on BBC4 in our living room.

Re - The Voice. I thought both Hannah Symons 'Powerless' and Stevie McCrorie version of 'All I Want' was amazing.

Re - Spiral. It lived up to it's write up I saw in The Guardian " Spiral’s biggest triumph is in mixing the high-octane thrills of a strong police procedural – foot chases, murders and shock twists – with the sophisticated, State of Play-style dissection of endemic corruption: patronage, cover-ups and career-long vendettas."

Are you following any favourite TV shows / series at the moment?

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Jan 14 2015, 22:10

If like me and Eddie you like The Lake District I think you'll enjoy this BBC 4 programme.  It is a beautiful 'cinematic documentary following a year in the life of England's highest mountain, Scafell Pike, through the eyes of the farmers who work the valleys and fells, those who climb the mountain for pleasure and those who try to protect its slopes.…'

If you have some time to spare it's well worth viewing - here is the link to the BBC 'player' http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04y4gd7  I think the film is available for about a month from today's date.

All the best Jan
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Wed Jan 14 2015, 22:26

I recorded that for watching later, should be good.  I've climbed Helvellyn and walked around Wastwater but never been up Scafell Pike.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Jan 17 2015, 18:44

sanguine wrote:I recorded that for watching later, should be good.  I've climbed Helvellyn and walked around Wastwater but never been up Scafell Pike.

@Sanguine

Hi Rod have you managed to watch the programme about Scafell Pike yet - what did you think of it?

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Jan 17 2015, 18:48

Can't believe it's Saturday Night again and I'm managing to cope without Strictly  lol!

I think it will be 'The Voice' and then 'Spiral' ......... looking out of the window brrrr it looks cold so a nice evening in front of the TV is quite enticing, (what do you think dear??  Rolling Eyes )

Enjoy your Saturday viewing - you may of course have a good dvd to watch.

All the best Jan
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sat Jan 17 2015, 18:53

Jan1 wrote:Can't believe it's Saturday Night again and I'm managing to cope without Strictly  lol!

I think it will be 'The Voice' and then 'Spiral' ......... looking out of the window brrrr it looks cold so a nice evening in front of the TV is quite enticing, (what do you think dear??  Rolling Eyes )

Enjoy your Saturday viewing - you may of course have a good dvd to watch.

All the best Jan

For us-We've got some 'Silent witness' recorded to catch up on and then a DVD in the warm with a bottle of Red. Smile Toying between some classic Stephen King or Dirty Harry,the one with Andy Robinson as Scorpio...Over 40 years old now the movie but still a great movie.

Cheers

Paul
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sat Jan 17 2015, 20:48

Love a bit of Take Me Out ! No likey, no lighty :-)
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sat Jan 17 2015, 20:51

mo1905 wrote:Love a bit of Take Me Out ! No likey, no lighty :-)

I just watch that to ogle the girls!! affraid lol!
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sat Jan 17 2015, 21:07

Paul wrote:
    mo1905 wrote:Love a bit of Take Me Out ! No likey, no lighty :-)

I just watch that to ogle the girls!! affraid lol!

Busted lol !
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Sat Jan 17 2015, 23:57

Jan1 wrote:
    sanguine wrote:I recorded that for watching later, should be good.  I've climbed Helvellyn and walked around Wastwater but never been up Scafell Pike.

@Sanguine

Hi Rod have you managed to watch the programme about Scafell Pike yet - what did you think of it?

All the best Jan

Hi Jan, yes I have - very good, beautiful filming, that's going to stay on the hard drive for a while Smile
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Jan 19 2015, 10:13

Another great TV programme we've been following is Walking The Nile (Channel 4 Sunday evening)

Explorer Levison Wood sets out on a nine-month walk along the length of the River Nile, visiting rainforests, deserts, cities and war zones, and encountering modern Africa, its people and its wildlife. The journey takes Lev from the Source of the Nile to the sea. The people, sights, wildlife and surprises he encounters are amazing, some are happy, some are sad. It took him nine months to  walk through Africa ........ I think it's one to watch, you can catch it on Channel 4 player link here

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/walking-the-nile/episode-guide

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Jan 22 2015, 18:17

@Andy12345 Knowing you liked and really enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy - have you watched Arrow?

Has anyone else watched Arrow - what did you think?

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Jan 22 2015, 18:44

I see Britain's Got Talent has kicked off with auditions being held in Edinburgh - wont be too long before it will be on our TV screens. On the plus side you could say the acts are often varied !

More money for Simon Cowell I think ! ?

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Jan 22 2015, 19:06

Yeah I know it's car crash TV but I like it. Who remembers the great Stavros Flattley lol ! The only thing I'm not impressed with is the fact that many of these "unknown acts" are pretty much professional artists headhunted by the production team.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Thu Jan 22 2015, 19:27

"Who remembers the great Stavros Flattley lol !" Funniest guys since Tommy Cooper

mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Jan 22 2015, 19:54

Brilliant ! I still remember watching that and laughing out loud ( literally ) ! They still make a pretty good living if you look on their web site !
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Jan 22 2015, 20:21

These two guys were / are fantastic and you just can't help laughing.

I hope they continue to do well they seem a great pairing.

That's why 'Britain's Got Talent' is a good variety show. Who says variety is dead?

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Jan 22 2015, 20:51

This is still one of my favourite clips from reality TV talent shows ! A real unknown and what class ! Give it a listen !
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Jan 22 2015, 21:48

mo1905 wrote:This is still one of my favourite clips from reality TV talent shows ! A real unknown and what class ! Give it a listen !

Hadn't seen this before .....

Great choice Mo thanks  sunny

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Jan 25 2015, 20:45

Sunday Night Viewing and it's Top Gear  Mad  OK if you like it I guess! But think it's on for 10 weeks  affraid

Did Ed Sheeran crash? I don't know yet  ......but thank goodness Walking The Nile is on later.

Have you a favourite programme at the moment?

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sun Jan 25 2015, 22:26

Dragons Den tonight then Churchill documentary. Brilliant !
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Jan 25 2015, 22:35

'The Hotel' for me tonight. Wink Love that 'Fly-on-the-wall' program.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Mar 28 2015, 15:42

'W O T' Exclamation

No Dermot on the X Factor next series - would you have any suggestions who may take his place?

I believe it's Caroline Flack and Olly Murs who are in front of the queue to replace him.

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 18:59