THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+12
Eddie
Derek
RANDBURG
beardie
sanguine
Paul1976
zand
Sharon
mo1905
Andy12345
Moose
Indy51
16 posters

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  Empty Television Series and all that 'Jazz'

Post by Jan1 Sat Oct 18 2014, 23:26

Don't know about you but I do enjoy the Saturday Night BBC4 imported detective type series that have been on for some time now.

Wallander - The Bridge - Spiral etc

The current one is called 'The Code' and it's an Australian series. Getting the hang of the story line now and the way it's filmed.

Has anyone else been watching?

All the best Jan
    Indy51
    Indy51

Female Posts : 344

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  Empty Re: Television Series and all that 'Jazz'

Post by Indy51 Sun Oct 19 2014, 01:43

I've been recording "The Code", but haven't started watching it as yet. Is it worth a look-see?
    Jan1
    Jan1

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  Empty Re: Television Series and all that 'Jazz'

Post by Jan1 Sun Oct 19 2014, 18:37

Last night saw the end of the fourth episode of 'The Code' ....and I will certainly be watching the next one.

It is filmed differently to the Swedish and French TV series I've been watching but then all directors/producers like to give things a different slant.

I am enjoying it but .....and you sensed a but didn't you?

I still prefer 'Wallander' ..... having said that I think it's worth watching, it might be me but the storyline is quite involved not necessarily a bad thing.

Do I pass as a TV critic ? lol!

Jan
    Indy51
    Indy51

Female Posts : 344

Post by Indy51 Mon Oct 20 2014, 04:18

Jan1 wrote:Last night saw the end of the fourth episode of 'The Code' ....and I will certainly be watching the next one.

It is filmed differently to the Swedish and French TV series I've been watching but then all directors/producers like to give things a different slant.

I am enjoying it but .....and you sensed a but didn't you?

I still prefer 'Wallander' ..... having said that I think it's worth watching, it might be me but the storyline is quite involved not necessarily a bad thing.

Do I pass as a TV critic ? lol!

Jan

Thanks Jan.

I've now watched the first two episodes and am hooked - will definitely watch the rest. I really like Aaron Pedersen as an actor - didn't know that he was in it till I watched. The outback scenes are reminiscent of "Mystery Road" - another film he starred in. If you think the plot of The Code is convoluted, you should watch that one if you get the chance - lots of untied story threads at the end, but still very compelling.

Another series well worth watching are the 3 Jack Irish telemovies based on the Peter Temple novels. I love Guy Pearce in the title role, but Aaron really stole the show for me as the bookie's enforcer.

They've just started screening a new Asher Keddie series called "Party Tricks" - its shaping up to be another favourite - she plays a Labor premier of Victoria being challenged in the upcoming election by a new Liberal candidate, an ex-journo that she had a secret affair with in the past.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Oct 20 2014, 17:10

Indy ....... I haven't seen the Jack Irish series but the Jack Taylor ones I thought were good. It's an Irish television drama based on a series of novels by Ken Bruen.

Your new 'Party Tricks' sounds intriguing.

Happy Viewing Smile  

All the best Jan
    Moose
    Moose
    Forum Jester

Post by Moose Fri Oct 24 2014, 13:27

I don't watch TV because I can't afford a TV. Interesting I told this to TV licencing enforcement officer, yet they still send me letters "Threat O Grams" demanding I purchase a TV licence.

Moose
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Fri Oct 24 2014, 13:35

Moose wrote:I don't watch TV because I can't afford a TV.  Interesting I told this to TV licencing enforcement officer, yet they still send me letters "Threat O Grams" demanding I purchase a TV licence.

Moose

Yes we used to get those threatening letters too, when we were renovating our house before moving in. Annoying aren't they?
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Oct 24 2014, 18:17

Moose wrote:I don't watch TV because I can't afford a TV.  Interesting I told this to TV licencing enforcement officer, yet they still send me letters "Threat O Grams" demanding I purchase a TV licence.

Moose

Hi Moose ... with some of today's TV programmes, don't think you're missing too much.

Do you listen to the radio at all?

In fact does anyone listen to the radio - have you any favourite programmes .........

All the best Jan
    Moose
    Moose
    Forum Jester

Post by Moose Fri Oct 24 2014, 21:04

Jan1 wrote:

Hi Moose ... with some of today's TV programmes, don't think you're missing too much.

In fact does anyone listen to the radio - have you any favourite programmes .........

All the best Jan

I have a small second hand AM/FM radio and listen to the classic FM. But my main entertainment is the internet on my phone.

Moose
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Fri Oct 24 2014, 22:03

A phone is pretty much a "must have" nowadays but when you struggle to feed yourself on £1 a day, do you think it is a wise way to spend any spare cash you have Moose ?
    Moose
    Moose
    Forum Jester

Post by Moose Fri Oct 24 2014, 22:20

mo1905 wrote:A phone is pretty much a "must have" nowadays but when you struggle to feed yourself on £1 a day, do you think it is a wise way to spend any spare cash you have Moose ?

The phone was android that was given me and got £2 worth of credit on it. I connect to another tenants router with their permission via the phones wifi.

Moose
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Fri Oct 24 2014, 22:59

Moose wrote:
    mo1905 wrote:A phone is pretty much a "must have" nowadays but when you struggle to feed yourself on £1 a day, do you think it is a wise way to spend any spare cash you have Moose ?

The phone was android that was given me and got £2 worth of credit on it. I connect to another tenants router with their permission via the phones wifi.

Moose

Result :-)
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Sat Oct 25 2014, 21:13

may i ask which area you live in moose?
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Oct 25 2014, 23:50

Moose wrote:
    Jan1 wrote:

All the best Jan

I have a small second hand AM/FM radio and listen to the classic FM. But my main entertainment is the internet on my phone.

Moose

I like Classic FM too .....I find a lot of their music is great to relax and chill out to.

Does anyone listen to 'The Archers' on BBC Radio 4? What a long running radio series it is.

All the best Jan
    Moose
    Moose
    Forum Jester

Post by Moose Mon Oct 27 2014, 16:30

Jan1 wrote:I like Classic FM too .....I find a lot of their music is great to relax and chill out to.

Does anyone listen to 'The Archers' on BBC Radio 4? What a long running radio series it is.

All the best Jan

I use to but I thought you need a licence to listen to any BBC radio broadcasts. Question

Moose
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Mon Oct 27 2014, 16:31

Yes, you need a license to listen to the radio.
    Moose
    Moose
    Forum Jester

Post by Moose Mon Oct 27 2014, 16:36

mo1905 wrote:Yes, you need a license to listen to the radio.

I thought thats only applicable to BBC broadcasts, I will find out.

Moose
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Mon Oct 27 2014, 16:48

Moose wrote:
    mo1905 wrote:Yes, you need a license to listen to the radio.

I thought thats only applicable to BBC broadcasts, I will find out.

Moose

Actually, if it's your own radio for private use you don't need a license. If it's in a shop, office or business, you do.
    Moose
    Moose
    Forum Jester

Post by Moose Mon Oct 27 2014, 16:55

mo1905 wrote:
    Actually, if it's your own radio for private use you don't need a license. If it's in a shop, office or business, you do.

I don't live in a shop.

Moose
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Mon Oct 27 2014, 16:58

Nor do I. So, we're fine !
    Moose
    Moose
    Forum Jester

Post by Moose Tue Oct 28 2014, 12:35

Who plays chess Question

Moose
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Tue Oct 28 2014, 12:37

I did years ago.
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Tue Oct 28 2014, 12:38

Not me. I tried to teach myself it by playing the computer game, but gave up because I only managed to win twice on the easy setting Sad
    Moose
    Moose
    Forum Jester

Post by Moose Tue Oct 28 2014, 12:53

Paul wrote:I did years ago.

zand wrote:Not me.  I tried to teach myself it by playing the computer game, but gave up because I only managed to win twice on the easy setting Sad  

You need a fair degree of intellect and concentration to play chess. So its not going to be everybody's cuppa.

Moose
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Tue Oct 28 2014, 12:55

Moose wrote:
    Paul wrote:I did years ago.

zand wrote:Not me.  I tried to teach myself it by playing the computer game, but gave up because I only managed to win twice on the easy setting Sad  

You need a fair degree of intellect and concentration to play chess. So its not going to be everybody's cuppa.

Moose

So you are telling me I'm thick and my mind wande..............?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 18:05