THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+12
Eddie
Derek
RANDBURG
beardie
sanguine
Paul1976
zand
Sharon
mo1905
Andy12345
Moose
Indy51
16 posters

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'

chris c
    chris c

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  - Page 9 Empty Re: Television Series and all that 'Jazz'

Post by chris c Sat Jun 03 2017, 21:51

Finally finished watching Line Of Duty and am half way through The Durrells. So sue me, I'm rewatching hordes of old Law And Order and Law And Order SVU which they are rebroadcasting faster than I can catch up. New stuff is being held in a queue.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  - Page 9 Empty Re: Television Series and all that 'Jazz'

Post by graham64 Sat Jun 03 2017, 23:29

Jan1 wrote:Well tonight's the night!
    Will you be watching it ...

It being the Final of Britain's Got Talent Exclamation

Alternatively there is a new Detective series starting on BBC 4 at 9pm Cardinal ... just saying.

All the best Jan

Gave BGT a miss but have been watching Cardinal shaping up to  be a good series based on tonight's episodes
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Mon Jun 05 2017, 22:23

I've been catching up with the One Love Manchester concert, some brave youngsters who were caught up in the bombing at the Ariana Grande gig attended 

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Tue Jun 06 2017, 13:44

Yes, we watched Cardinal and thought it looks promising, different too that it's Canadian.

Two great choices from the One Love Manchester Concert, the school choir was so touching and they performed so well...

We watched the minutes silence for London today, they are happening too frequently ...
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Jun 28 2017, 17:44

Have watched Ripper Street these past couple of weeks on BBC2 Monday evenings,and enjoyed it.
    Apparently it's the last ever series ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03fvc1c

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Wed Jun 28 2017, 21:46

Jan1 wrote:Have watched Ripper Street these past couple of weeks on BBC2 Monday evenings,and enjoyed it.
    Apparently it's the last ever series ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03fvc1c

All the best Jan

I'm watching Ripper Street too such a pity it's the last series  Sad
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Jul 19 2017, 18:10

We are enjoying the last series of Ripper Street ... last episode will be screened next Monday.

However, it seems a lot of the TV talk is focusing on Game of Thrones, it has a very large following.
    Have to say as we don't have Sky I've never seen it. To be honest I'm not too sure it would be my 'sort of thing'.
    But hope all who do watch it, enjoy it.

Talking TV who can ignore the talk about the next Doctor Who  Shocked  

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Jul 19 2017, 23:15

I can. But then I still remember the Original - William Hartnell.
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Thu Jul 20 2017, 22:30

With the advent of a female Dr Who the Daleks have changed to accommodate her

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  - Page 9 Flat,800x800,070,f
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Jul 22 2017, 19:06

graham64 wrote:With the advent of a female Dr Who the Daleks have changed to accommodate her

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  - Page 9 Flat,800x800,070,f

LOL! lol!

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat Jul 22 2017, 23:30

Bwaahahahahaha!

I'm gradually catching up on some of my recorded programmes, In The Dark is an above average crime drama. Probably if you missed it the earlier episodes are on t'internet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08ygbvr
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sat Jul 22 2017, 23:48

chris c wrote:Bwaahahahahaha!

I'm gradually catching up on some of my recorded programmes, In The Dark is an above average crime drama. Probably if you missed it the earlier episodes are on t'internet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08ygbvr

Yes In The Dark is one of BBC's better offerings, my favourite at the moment is a Spanish subtitled series called I Know Who You Are on BBC 4 Saturday nights
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Jul 23 2017, 00:00

Oh bugger! You're determined to stop me catching up on my recordings aren't you?

I'll maybe have a watch of that one too on the internet.

On my To Do list - adding a switch to my router, then I can connect my TV recorder to the internet and also finally finish building my new computer and add that too.
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sun Jul 23 2017, 00:32

chris c wrote:Oh bugger! You're determined to stop me catching up on my recordings aren't you?

I'll maybe have a watch of that one too on the internet.

On my To Do list - adding a switch to my router, then I can connect my TV recorder to the internet and also finally finish building my new computer and add that too.

A word of caution Chris the series involves ten episodes, I watched two of them tonight nearly two and half hours worth  Smile
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Jul 23 2017, 00:53

graham64 wrote:

A word of caution Chris the series involves ten episodes, I watched two of them tonight nearly two and half hours worth  Smile

With subtitles? OK maybe I'll pass . . .
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sun Jul 23 2017, 22:48

chris c wrote:
    graham64 wrote:

Actually Chris it's surprising how soon you adapt to subtitles, having watched quite a few foreign  language series on the BBC and other channels I'm quite used to them now  Smile
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Jul 24 2017, 18:16

...my apologies LOL !

I will not be available later between 9 and 10pm ...
    It's the last ever episode of Ripper Street on BBC2 and my seat on the sofa is booked !

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Mon Jul 24 2017, 22:14

Jan1 wrote:...my apologies LOL !

I will not be available later between 9 and 10pm ...
    It's the last ever episode of Ripper Street on BBC2 and my seat on the sofa is booked !

All the best Jan
    I've recorded it will watch tomorrow  thumb-up
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Mon Jul 24 2017, 23:23

graham64 wrote:
    chris c wrote:
    graham64 wrote:

Actually Chris it's surprising how soon you adapt to subtitles, having watched quite a few foreign  language series on the BBC and other channels I'm quite used to them now  Smile

Yes but it means concentrating on the screen instead of multitasking on the computer with one eye while watching the TV with the other!

One thing I have been known to do is watch subtitled TV at double speed if it's not a particularly good film, that save time.

Repeats of earlier series of Death In Paradise with the stunning black French actress. I probably have them recorded already but she, er I mean they are worth watching again.

Typical of the BBC, first series was quirky and excellent, then they replaced the lead actor with a "star", then they replaced her with someone a few shades less black, and meanwhile the scripts became less quirky and more mainstream. They do that kind of thing a lot, "improving" programmes but actually making them worse.
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Thu Jul 27 2017, 22:27

I'm watching The Mash Report on BBC2  highly recommended as long as your not offended by some bad language
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Aug 04 2017, 23:15

Have been watching Dicte Crime Reporter on More 4 Friday evenings 9pm
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dicte_(TV_series)

... last two episodes in this series will be next Friday 11th August.

Enjoying it but goodness me so many breaks for adverts!!!

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Tue Aug 08 2017, 00:03

That's the advantage of the recorder, I skip the ad breaks and get to watch the programmes in far less time.

Scary when I've caught some of the ads though, nearly all seem to be HCLF unreal food.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Sep 13 2017, 19:23

Well, I enjoyed the return of Strictly Come Dancing last Saturday Smile

The last episode of Montalbano on BBC4 Saturday night was excellent  thumb-up

I thought the new BBC series Rellik may be good ... well it may have been but the sound quality was not good which spoilt it for me.

I see it went head to head with Liar ...
    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-09-12/rellik-vs-liar-tv-dramas/

Did anyone watch any of these - do share your views.

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Sep 13 2017, 22:44

I've been watching Strike - good in a typically quirky way, written by J K Rowling under a pseudonym - and for once I was watching them about as fast as they were broadcast.

The current repeats of Law And Order and Death In Paradise are repeats of repeats so I'm skipping most of them which gives me the chance to view some of the other things I recorded and didn't get around to yet. So far I'm about up to last March . . .
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Sep 24 2017, 23:29

I just watched the first in a series I forgot I'd recorded - Back In Time For Dinner, from the 1950s, which brought back some reminiscences, especially the larder and its contents. Seems to be available on Vimeo/YouTube for anyone who missed it. Excellent attention to detail. Shortly I'll watch the 1960s.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19 2024, 14:05