THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

More than two thirds of adults will be obese by 2030, says health experts

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

More than two thirds of adults will be obese by 2030, says health experts Empty More than two thirds of adults will be obese by 2030, says health experts

Post by Jan1 Wed May 13 2015, 17:56

More than two thirds of adults will be obese by 2030, says health experts Z

"The World Health Organisation and UK Health Forum project that ‘almost all adults’ will be overweight within the next 15 years.

Europe’s growing obesity crisis will see almost three-quarters of men and two-thirds of women in the UK being classed as overweight by 2030, health experts have warned.

The World Health Organisation and UK-based researchers have predicted a problem “of enormous proportions” facing Europe over the next 15 years and have suggested that recent campaigns to improve diets and reduce fat intake are not having enough of an impact.

The findings show that the UK will remain in the top third of European nations, in terms of rates of people overweight and obese, with 74% of men and 64% of women predicted to be overweight by 2030 (that’s a body mass index – or BMI – of more than 25) and 36% of men and 30% of women obese (with a BMI over 30).

Dr Laura Webber, director of public health modelling at the UK Health Forum and co-author of the study which will be presented at the European Congress on Obesity in Prague, said: “There was some evidence of a plateau in young boys’ obesity levels in England but otherwise we are seeing increasing rates.

“There needs to be a whole-society approach to this … People also need to know what they’re eating. Better labelling of foods and understanding what goes into processed foods is vital, as are continued reformulations of processed foods.”

However, Ireland is predicted to have greater problems, with overweight or obese rates said to rise as high as 89% among men and 85% of women.

Other countries facing growing obesity problems include Greece, Spain, Austria, the Czech Republic and Sweden."

Read more, original article here:

https://www.homemadebyyou.co.uk/articles/food-news/more-than-two-thirds-of-adults-will-be-obese-by-2030-says-health-experts?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk%7Cdl7%7Csec3_lnk5%26pLid%3D348893

All the best Jan
    Sally
    Sally

More than two thirds of adults will be obese by 2030, says health experts Empty Re: More than two thirds of adults will be obese by 2030, says health experts

Post by Sally Wed May 13 2015, 18:48

"More than two thirds of adults will be obese by 2030".

2030!!!! I can't believe it's going to take that long. Given a decent supply of jam donuts and a generous quantity of Cola, I bet I could get there by 2016!

Sorry, warped sense of humour,
    sally

zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

More than two thirds of adults will be obese by 2030, says health experts Empty Re: More than two thirds of adults will be obese by 2030, says health experts

Post by zand Wed May 13 2015, 19:13

Yes - and I'm there already Rolling Eyes Maybe by 2030 I won't be! Smile
    OldTech
    OldTech

Male Posts : 81

Post by OldTech Wed May 13 2015, 19:55

Note that their prescription is just more of the same - high carb, low fat. If this prescription is working then why are they forecasting increased obesity rates? Is there anyway to get them to see that what they are prescribing is not working?

Sadly I don't think so. So it will still up to individuals to find their own way in 2030 just as it is today.

I say this because the low carb web sites that I follow have only a tiny drop in the bucket in terms of membership compared with the world population. Diabetes forum: 50,700; Bernstein: 16,282; r/Keto Science: 5,256; r/Diabetes 10,904; r/Paleo: 78,662; and r/Keto: 144,814.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Wed May 13 2015, 21:55

OldTech wrote:Note that their prescription is just more of the same - high carb, low fat. If this prescription is working then why are they forecasting increased obesity rates? Is there anyway to get them to see that what they are prescribing is not working?

Sadly I don't think so. So it will still up to individuals to find their own way in 2030 just as it is today.

I say this because the low carb web sites that I follow have only a tiny drop in the bucket in terms of membership compared with the world population. Diabetes forum: 50,700; Bernstein: 16,282; r/Keto Science: 5,256; r/Diabetes 10,904; r/Paleo: 78,662; and r/Keto: 144,814.

The majority of dietitians and other HCPs speak from the same high carb low fat hymn book, sadly evidence from those of us who have turned our lives around after finding diabetes and LC forums is dismissed as anecdotal. Sad
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Wed May 13 2015, 22:00

Now to me, anecdotal evidence from a lot of people is better proof something works than a rigged study. Funny how 'they' don't finance a study to prove the anecdotal evidence is true - oh silly me, there's no money in it, so it remains 'anecdotal.'

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Wed May 13 2015, 22:14

zand wrote:Now to me, anecdotal evidence from a lot of people  is better proof something works than a rigged study.  Funny  how 'they' don't finance a study to prove the anecdotal evidence is true - oh silly me, there's no money in it, so it remains 'anecdotal.'

We need more research from the likes of the Southport GP which goes beyond the anecdotal and provides irrefutable evidence that low carb is a safe and viable way to control diabetes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 20:23