THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+4
beardie
mo1905
Eddie
Paul1976
8 posters

DCUK wind up post of the day!

Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

123 - DCUK wind up post of the day! Empty DCUK wind up post of the day!

Post by Paul1976 Tue Apr 21 2015, 17:52

Shocked Shocked

Adrian wrote:Breakfast 2x toast + jam
    Then walked round the lake twice (5 miles)
    Dinner will be a Subway with everything + crisps + coke
    Tea chippy + lager
    Evening snack jumbo pkt popcorn

facepalm facepalm

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/type-2s-what-have-you-eaten-today.75783#post-834645

Post #11
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

123 - DCUK wind up post of the day! Empty Re: DCUK wind up post of the day!

Post by Eddie Tue Apr 21 2015, 18:30

Paul1976 wrote: Shocked  Shocked

Adrian wrote:Breakfast 2x toast + jam
    Then walked round the lake twice (5 miles)
    Dinner will be a Subway with everything + crisps + coke
    Tea chippy + lager
    Evening snack jumbo pkt popcorn

facepalm  facepalm

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/type-2s-what-have-you-eaten-today.75783#post-834645

Post #11

Which one is the "Legend" the man or the chimp? If he is a diabetic I bet big pharma love him. Check out his profile.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Tue Apr 21 2015, 18:46

Kat liked that post too ! What is there to like about it ? Or does she just "like" everything !
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Tue Apr 21 2015, 18:52

mo1905 wrote:Kat liked that post too ! What is there to like about it ? Or does she just "like" everything !

Yep!! If you are a low carber she hits the report button bleating "It's about support only and don't mention diet,please no 'us and them' and please think of the children" and if you eat loads of junk then lot's of Kudos will come your way from Kat...Sure glad she's not on here anymore as I would have blown up big time by now! bom
    beardie
    beardie

Post by beardie Tue Apr 21 2015, 18:55

Paul1976 wrote:
    mo1905 wrote:Kat liked that post too ! What is there to like about it ? Or does she just "like" everything !

Yep!! If you are a low carber she hits the report button bleating "It's about support only and don't mention diet,please no 'us and them' and please think of the children" and if you eat loads of junk then lot's of Kudos will come your way from Kat...Sure glad she's not on here anymore as I would have blown up big time by now! bom

People seem to be very worried that they may say something wrong. Ally had my favourite breakfast.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Tue Apr 21 2015, 18:59

beardie wrote:
    Paul1976 wrote:

People seem to be very worried that they may say something wrong. Ally had my favourite breakfast.

Bacon and eggs! Ally has her head screwed on-Great choice for a diabetic for sure! Serves many of us well! Smile
    beardie
    beardie

Post by beardie Tue Apr 21 2015, 19:00

Any idea how she is doing? I never go there any more.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Tue Apr 21 2015, 19:03

beardie wrote:Any idea how she is doing? I never go there any more.

She's had a rough ride of late but is ticking over and taking life as it comes,day by day the best she can as far as I know.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Tue Apr 21 2015, 19:13

beardie wrote:
    Paul1976 wrote:

That's the trouble with the forum Beardie, people ARE worried about what they post as there are some many edits, bans, complaints, deletions etc. It's killed the place. So many good, knowledgeable people banned for trying to educate others. The place is full of fence sitters with no opinion on anything and the best advice you'll usually get is "see your doc" or "everything in moderation" !
    beardie
    beardie

Post by beardie Tue Apr 21 2015, 19:16

mo1905 wrote:
    beardie wrote:
    Paul1976 wrote:

That's the trouble with the forum Beardie, people ARE worried about what they post as there are some many edits, bans, complaints, deletions etc. It's killed the place. So many good, knowledgeable people banned for trying to educate others. The place is full of fence sitters with no opinion on anything and the best advice you'll usually get is "see your doc" or "everything in  moderation" !

People will think a diabetes forum is concerned with heath, but I feel it is only about money.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Tue Apr 21 2015, 19:20

beardie wrote:
    mo1905 wrote:
    beardie wrote:
    Paul1976 wrote:

That's the trouble with the forum Beardie, people ARE worried about what they post as there are some many edits, bans, complaints, deletions etc. It's killed the place. So many good, knowledgeable people banned for trying to educate others. The place is full of fence sitters with no opinion on anything and the best advice you'll usually get is "see your doc" or "everything in  moderation" !

People will think a diabetes forum is concerned with heath, but I feel it is only about money.

Hit the nail on the head there!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Apr 21 2015, 20:01

Talking of wind ups, I have had one hell of a session on twitter today with some dietitians, one of which was Catherine Collins chairwoman of the British Dietetic Association. A completely clueless bunch without a doubt. Passing the buck for their lamentable dietary advice to DUK another useless outfit.

The BDA has been revueing their type two diet information for some time. With this in mind I had a look over there this afternoon. They have some info for type two's and still pushing the useless eatwell plate. This info caught my eye, they are saying and I quote "The ideal HbA1c is between 48–58mmol/mol" for a type two diabetic. That's between 6.5 and 7.5 in old money. Nothing could be further from the truth. The ideal is non diabetic BG numbers and so many of us have achieved it, though not by following the eatwell plate.

More fun and games tomorrow when I take the BDA on again.

Link to the BDA dross here https://www.bda.uk.com/foodfacts/diabetestype2
    beardie
    beardie

Post by beardie Tue Apr 21 2015, 20:30

Loose Cannon wrote:Talking of wind ups, I have had one hell of a session on twitter today with some dietitians, one of which was Catherine Collins chairwoman of the British Dietetic Association. A completely clueless bunch without a doubt. Passing the buck for their lamentable dietary advice to DUK another useless outfit.

The BDA has been revueing their type two diet information for some time. With this in mind I had a look over there this afternoon. They have some info for type two's and still pushing the useless eatwell plate. This info caught my eye, they are saying and I quote "The ideal HbA1c is between 48–58mmol/mol" for a type two diabetic. That's between 6.5 and 7.5 in old money. Nothing could be further from the truth. The ideal is non diabetic BG numbers and so many of us have achieved it, though not by following the eatwell plate.

Give them hell.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Tue Apr 21 2015, 20:37

beardie wrote:
    Loose Cannon wrote:Talking of wind ups, I have had one hell of a session on twitter today with some dietitians, one of which was Catherine Collins chairwoman of the British Dietetic Association. A completely clueless bunch without a doubt. Passing the buck for their lamentable dietary advice to DUK another useless outfit.

Give them hell.

He sure will! I've known Loose Cannon for around 3 years now and when it comes to idiot dietitians spouting nonsense-The cannon is loaded for big game hunting! Very Happy *BOOM!*
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Apr 21 2015, 20:42

Paul1976 wrote:
    beardie wrote:

Give them hell.

He sure will! I've known Loose Cannon for around 3 years now and when it comes to idiot dietitians spouting nonsense-The cannon is loaded for big game hunting! Very Happy *BOOM!*

Why go after the Bonkers one when you can bag an elephant, not that I am saying shoot elephants you understand. Smile
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Tue Apr 21 2015, 20:43

LOL!! A dietitians butt looks far better mounted on a plaque above the fireplace eh! lol!

Edit...I mean a "Starchy carbs with every meal..." kinda Dietitian and not some of the good 'un's out there who recognise that low carb is the best way forward.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Apr 21 2015, 20:58

Paul1976 wrote:LOL!! A dietitians butt looks far better mounted on a plaque above the fireplace eh! lol!

Edit...I mean a "Starchy carbs with every meal..." kinda Dietitian and not some of the good 'un's out there who recognise that low carb is the best way forward.

123 - DCUK wind up post of the day! Proxy?url=http%3A%2F%2F2.bp.blogspot.com%2F-l1Z-Cc4DPkM%2FVTZjUmv_cCI%2FAAAAAAAAJIo%2F-YGcKsODLPI%2Fs1600%2Fccollins

This is Catherine Collins head of the BDA, looks like she follows her own dietary advice to me. I am sticking with the beautiful Franziska. Have you ever noticed how many big name dietitians are in the morbidly obese range? I have. Would you take flying lessons from a kamikaze pilot?

This is another great dietitian I follow.

123 - DCUK wind up post of the day! Cassie

Her site is here http://www.dietitiancassie.com/about/
    beardie
    beardie

Post by beardie Tue Apr 21 2015, 21:05

Fucking stop it now. she is way thinner than me. If you disagree with her opinion fine. don't abuse her for being overweight. I think this place may be worse than the other one.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Tue Apr 21 2015, 21:08

Let's keep things civil here chaps please. People come in all shapes and sizes. I would be more concerned with poor advice than body shape.
    beardie
    beardie

Post by beardie Tue Apr 21 2015, 21:11

mo1905 wrote:Let's keep things civil here chaps please. People come in all shapes and sizes. I would be more concerned with poor advice than body shape.
    I hope that was not directed at me.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Apr 21 2015, 21:13

beardie wrote:Fucking stop it now. she is way thinner than me. If you disagree with her opinion fine. don't abuse her for being overweight. I think this place may be worse than the other one.

Get a grip Beardie, I don't care what weight or shape a person is, I was nigh on morbidly obese once, but I don't earn a living telling people how to eat. The like of that dietitian, who is way over weight, slags off what has been the salvation of millions.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Tue Apr 21 2015, 21:13

beardie wrote:
    mo1905 wrote:Let's keep things civil here chaps please. People come in all shapes and sizes. I would be more concerned with poor advice than body shape.
    I hope that was not directed at me.

It's not directed at anyone in particular Beardie. I just wanted to prevent any potential bad feeling. We wouldn't stop anyone having their say but I just don't want anyone getting upset.
    beardie
    beardie

Post by beardie Tue Apr 21 2015, 21:15

Loose Cannon wrote:
    beardie wrote:Fucking stop it now. she is way thinner than me. If you disagree with her opinion fine. don't abuse her for being overweight. I think this place may be worse than the other one.

Get a grip Beardie, I don't care what weight or shape a person is, I was nigh on morbidly obese once, but I don't earn a living telling people how to eat. The like of that dietitian, who is way over weight, slags off what has been the salvation of millions.

Learn some control.
    beardie
    beardie

Post by beardie Tue Apr 21 2015, 21:17

Actually I will say the same thing to this site as I did to the other one please ban me. I do not like what I am hearing here.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Apr 21 2015, 21:17

beardie wrote:
    Loose Cannon wrote:

Learn some control.

Are you winding me up Beardie? you are the one effing and losing your rag.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11 2024, 06:57