THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+4
Jan1
mo1905
Sally
Eddie
8 posters

12,000 posts pretty good eh, not really.

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

12,000 posts pretty good eh, not really. Empty 12,000 posts pretty good eh, not really.

Post by Eddie Wed Mar 04 2015, 17:09

12,000 posts looks good, until you realise the thick end of 6,000 posts have been made by Mo, Paul, Jan and myself. I appreciate others (no names no pack drill) have made very substantial contributions, thank you to those people, thank you to all the people who have posted. The apathy from so many readers and members is a shame. Yes, this forum gets one hell of a lot of reads, but so many have nothing to say, or don't want to say, anything.

Some times people ask me "why is the situation is so bad in the UK re. dietary advice and care for diabetics" or words to that effect, I tell them the main reason is apathy. This country is going down the tubes in so many ways, and most people don't even know it.

We are told today the average workers pay is back to 2008 levels, a massive lie. Especially when you take into consideration the 23% inflation that has taken place over that time. Mind you what can you expect from a Government that lumped estimated earnings from prostitution and drug dealing into the last GDP figures.

One thing you can count on, is the fact this forum is here to stay, even if I am the only one posting on it. You can call me what you like, and you may well be right, but quitter I ain't. I never give up.
    Sally
    Sally

12,000 posts pretty good eh, not really. Empty Re: 12,000 posts pretty good eh, not really.

Post by Sally Wed Mar 04 2015, 17:26

I'm saying nothing.
    Sally
    Eddie
    Eddie

12,000 posts pretty good eh, not really. Empty Re: 12,000 posts pretty good eh, not really.

Post by Eddie Wed Mar 04 2015, 18:56

Sally wrote:I'm saying nothing.
    Sally

Good grief, how can I deal with that sort of insight? affraid
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Wed Mar 04 2015, 20:22

I'm here for the long haul too. Yes, I'd like to see the forum busier with regular new members but I've resigned myself that we may forever be a niche market. I hope I'm wrong. It would be great if members here could spread the word and let others know about us. A little effort by all could make a huge difference.
    Anyway, I still like to think we've made a difference and helped a few. I can honestly say there are no hidden agendas here either.
    As for pay getting back to 2008 levels ? I have no clue where the trawled that one from. I'm down by at least 5K.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Wed Mar 04 2015, 21:17

Sally wrote:I'm saying nothing.
    Sally

Well at least it was a comment ...... thanks.

Jan

flower
    Mrs Vimes
    Mrs Vimes

Female Posts : 156

Post by Mrs Vimes Wed Mar 04 2015, 21:21

I swear I just posted!
    I'm still here and making strawberry sponge this weekend. On thirty three posts - will try harder.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Mar 04 2015, 21:22

Yes, I'm here for the long haul too ..... my flower or sunny look will be seen flower  sunny

On a more serious note. We each have to do what we are comfortable with.

We can spread the good news that is LCHF by shouting from the roofs or more quietly by posting and letting the bots do good.

However, you choose it is your choice, and all are welcome

Thanks

Jan flower  sunny
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Mar 04 2015, 21:27

Mrs Vimes wrote:I swear I just posted!
    I'm still here and making strawberry sponge this weekend. On thirty three posts - will try harder.

Strawberry Sponge yummy save me a piece please ...... virtually speaking of course

Dare I say onwards to 133 and beyond    ... touch of Buzz Lightyear there I think  lol!

Your comments / posts are appreciated, thanks....... as are everybody's

A Forum is for all to read, contribute, enjoy.

Jan

flower  sunny
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Mar 04 2015, 21:29

mo1905 wrote:I'm here for the long haul too. Yes, I'd like to see the forum busier with regular new members but I've resigned myself that we may forever be a niche market. I hope I'm wrong. It would be great if members here could spread the word and let others know about us. A little effort by all could make a huge difference.
    Anyway, I still like to think we've made a difference and helped a few. I can honestly say there are no hidden agendas here either.
    As for pay getting back to 2008 levels ? I have no clue where the trawled that one from. I'm down by at least 5K.

Thanks Mo ...... let's all do our bit to continue to spread the good news sunny

All the best Jan
    Mrs Vimes
    Mrs Vimes

Female Posts : 156

Post by Mrs Vimes Wed Mar 04 2015, 21:37

I lurk a lot Jan. Particularly round the recipe posts.
    We are having the ricotta pan cakes with salmon again Saturday breakfast.
    As I said the low carb sponge for 'afternoon tiffin' with plenty of cream. I'm starving just thinking about it now.
    I'm very grateful to the blog and the forum. I love the passion and the humour. I read the blog every day and it leads naturally to the forum.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Wed Mar 04 2015, 22:07

Mrs Vimes wrote:I lurk a lot Jan. Particularly round the recipe posts.
    We are having the ricotta pan cakes with salmon again Saturday breakfast.
    As I said the low carb sponge for 'afternoon tiffin' with plenty of cream. I'm starving just thinking about it now.
    I'm very grateful to the blog and the forum. I love the passion and the humour. I read the blog every day and it leads naturally to the forum.

Lurkers always welcome ! We'd love to see more participation from all but we're all different. The fact that people even read our posts is great. I don't think Eddie or myself want people to post for the hell of it. A great informative post once a fortnight is better than a series of "lol's" or smilies :-)
    Dillinger
    Dillinger

Male Posts : 209

Post by Dillinger Thu Mar 05 2015, 10:58

Oh yes; here I am zooming towards 1.4% of all posts. Er, that doesn't seem that much; but feel the quality not the quantity!

The trouble with this place is the lack of dissent; if more people were coming up with obvious nonsense all the time there would be much more back and forth. We're all too sensible and too damn right. We need to invite Visiting Professors of Gibberish to discuss portion control and full sugar cheese cakes as acceptable treatment options.

Speaking of recipes does anyone have any really good low-carb pizza ones? I'm a bit bored of the egg based ones and the fake dough ones always seem to be a bit cardboard like.

Best

Silent Dillinger
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Thu Mar 05 2015, 11:23

OK guys. Maybe I should cut down on the number of posts I make......they are mostly just chit chat. If you like I could tell you all how good HCLF is Wink Then I could argue with all of you. Smile Good plan?
    Dillinger
    Dillinger

Male Posts : 209

Post by Dillinger Thu Mar 05 2015, 11:50

Zand! Don't respond to a 'you lot should post more' thread by saying you'll post less; you rebel... Smile

Dillinger

(almost at 160 posts - have at that!!!!)
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Mar 05 2015, 11:58

lol Me? A rebel? I was responding to Mo's words ....... "A great informative post once a fortnight is better than a series of "lol's" or smilies :-)" lol lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Wink Wink Wink
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Thu Mar 05 2015, 12:06

Dillinger wrote:

Speaking of recipes does anyone have any really good low-carb pizza ones? I'm a bit bored of the egg based ones and the fake dough ones always seem to be a bit cardboard like.

Best

Silent Dillinger

I'll join the queue with that one! Every low carb base I've tried to bake has gone belly up and the last one I attempted with Almond meal looked great until I went to eat it-could only manage half of it as the base just crumbled like rotten chipboard! Shocked

Decent pizza...I want it NOW!! Very Happy
    Sally
    Sally

Post by Sally Thu Mar 05 2015, 13:54

I experimented, early on in our low carb journey, with big circles of celeriac as a pizza base.  If memory serves, I roasted the celeriac discs to soften them, then put on copious toppings and returned them to the oven.  Obviously not the same as a bread base, but an alternative "shelf" for the serving of a selection of tasty ingredients.
    Talking of cardboard and rotten chipboard, as a non-diabetic, I do, from time to time, try the "forbidden" substances and, yes, this is what most bread and carbs actually taste like, when you come to them afresh, though I would go for the words, "old blankets" and "cotton wool".  
    Sally

Hmm. Post number 94, that will make my contribution 0.78333% of the total.

Last edited by Sally on Thu Mar 05 2015, 13:56; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : showing off!)
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Mar 05 2015, 14:23

Sally wrote:

Hmm.  Post number 94, that will make my contribution 0.78333% of the total.

Yes but as Mo says it's quality not quantity, your posts are always great Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Mar 05 2015, 14:35

What we really need (As well as newly diagnosed folks) is some low carb antis to get the place rockin'! Very Happy
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Mar 05 2015, 14:42

To my friends thank you, to the others, well, they say a picture says a thousand words!

12,000 posts pretty good eh, not really. Proxy?url=http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F-VRP0qzjVvKQ%2FVPhH_PZODUI%2FAAAAAAAAI_U%2F97mxt8CFUCQ%2Fs1600%2F50th-Anniversary-Death-of-Winston-Churchill-Facts-About-Sir-Winston-Churchill-554789

Post edited. Reason first attempt not offensive enough.  

Last edited by eddie1 on Thu Mar 05 2015, 14:48; edited 1 time in total
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Mar 05 2015, 14:45

Paul wrote:What we really need (As well as newly diagnosed folks) is some low carb antis to get the place rockin'! Very Happy

Can I be an anti?  Oh pleeeeeeeeeeeease!  Like I said you could all argue with me and then we might get some real antis on board.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Mar 05 2015, 14:46

zand wrote:
    Paul wrote:What we really need (As well as newly diagnosed folks) is some low carb antis to get the place rockin'! Very Happy

Can I be an anti?  Oh pleeeeeeeeeeeease!  Like I said you could all argue with me and then we might get some real anti's on board.  

LOL! I like your thinking Zand! Very Happy Now...Tell me again how many bowls of sugar puffs you had for breakfast today! freakout freakout lol!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Mar 05 2015, 14:53

What have you done with Andy Zand? we need to be told!

12,000 posts pretty good eh, not really. Car1_small
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Mar 05 2015, 14:54

Paul wrote:
    zand wrote:

Can I be an anti?  Oh pleeeeeeeeeeeease!  Like I said you could all argue with me and then we might get some real anti's on board.  

LOL! I like your thinking Zand! Very Happy Now...Tell me again how many bowls of sugar puffs you had for breakfast today! freakout freakout lol!

Only the one. I am being really good and didn't add sugar either. Smile Did I pass? Oh I had two slices of toast with jam as well. Do I get the job now?
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Mar 05 2015, 14:55

eddie1 wrote:What have you done with Andy Zand? we need to be told!

12,000 posts pretty good eh, not really. Car1_small

Very Happy Sssshhhhh Eddie, it's supposed to be a secret Embarassed

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 18:27