THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
Paul1976
Eddie
6 posters

Rod posts some great information

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Rod posts some great information  Empty Rod posts some great information

Post by Eddie Tue Dec 09 2014, 18:38

I try to keep away from DCUK these days, to much wind up from idiots. That being said Rod has posted some great stuff today, why not post it over here Rod and perhaps Paul can make it a sticky, going on the low carb blog tomorrow. Well done.

Link to sanity here http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/a-new-low-carb-guide-for-beginners.68695/
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Rod posts some great information  Empty Re: Rod posts some great information

Post by Paul1976 Tue Dec 09 2014, 18:44

eddie1 wrote:I try to keep away from DCUK these days, to much wind up from idiots. That being said Rod has posted some great stuff today, why not post it over here Rod and perhaps Paul can make it a sticky, going on the low carb blog tomorrow. Well done.

Link to sanity here http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/a-new-low-carb-guide-for-beginners.68695/

Agreed! Just spotted the new topics over there posted by Rod and they're a breath of fresh air! clap clap

Rod,it would be an honour if you could post the material here too as Eddie says and I will 'Sticky' it.

Cheers

Paul
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Tue Dec 09 2014, 19:58

Thanks guys and will do. I can't claim all the credit - much of the FAQ material was from a similar 2009 thread by 'Fergus' (not sure if that's 'our' Fergus - this one left DCUK in early 2013) which is still up there. Giverny had offered to sticky it over there (still waiting for that, she's been offline) but didn't want any links to external sites such as Dietdoctor, hey ho. The rest was cobbled together from various newbie replies and other contributions from Jack412 and peer-reviewed by a group of a dozen or so in a PM conversation.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Tue Dec 09 2014, 20:14

sanguine wrote:Thanks guys and will do.  I can't claim all the credit - much of the FAQ material was from a similar 2009 thread by 'Fergus' (not sure if that's 'our' Fergus - this one left DCUK in early 2013) which is still up there.  Giverny had offered to sticky it over there (still waiting for that, she's been offline) but didn't want any links to external sites such as Dietdoctor, hey ho.  The rest was cobbled together from various newbie replies and other contributions from Jack412 and peer-reviewed by a group of a dozen or so in a PM conversation.

Thanks for that Rod! Smile When you do that could you post it in the 'Beginners guide to low carb' section and I'll sticky it.

Cheers

Paul
    sanguine
    sanguine

Post by sanguine Tue Dec 09 2014, 20:18

Done, with some slight revisions (including some links!).
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Tue Dec 09 2014, 21:32

Blows Daisy out the water ! Excellent post Rod ! We've needed something like this for ages.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Tue Dec 09 2014, 21:35

mo1905 wrote:Blows Daisy out the water ! Excellent post Rod ! We've needed something like this for ages.

Too right mate! In fact Daisy1's cut and paste NICE guidelines job is just a 'Tweaked' version of 2 former DCUK mods topic who were 'Relieved of their duties' so to speak! Cool
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Tue Dec 09 2014, 21:45

sanguine wrote:Thanks guys and will do.  I can't claim all the credit - much of the FAQ material was from a similar 2009 thread by 'Fergus' (not sure if that's 'our' Fergus - this one left DCUK in early 2013) which is still up there.  Giverny had offered to sticky it over there (still waiting for that, she's been offline) but didn't want any links to external sites such as Dietdoctor, hey ho.  The rest was cobbled together from various newbie replies and other contributions from Jack412 and peer-reviewed by a group of a dozen or so in a PM conversation.

It was our Fergus Rod that put the original guide together, I reckon he will be happy with your updated version too, things have moved on since 2009 and LC has become far more mainstream.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Tue Dec 09 2014, 21:46

Wonder who will be first to find fault with it "over there" ? Bets anyone ?
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Tue Dec 09 2014, 21:51

mo1905 wrote:Wonder who will be first to find fault with it "over there" ? Bets anyone ?

OOOH! A sweepstake! cheers

In first place I would guess the Frogman,followed by Sid and in third place maybe the prince of pedantic himself...AMBrennan! freakout lol!
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Wed Dec 10 2014, 09:28

Would you believe it?? Anna 'The Banner' 29 has locked the thread citing it all needs editing as it's "Telling members what to do " in so many words Evil or Very Mad

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/a-new-low-carb-guide-for-beginners.68695/
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Wed Dec 10 2014, 09:38

I was afraid that would happen. Incredible. A fantastic, informative post which frequently reminds readers to find what suits them through testing is slammed. Still, Daisy's is OK !!!!!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Dec 10 2014, 09:47

The flog works in mysterious ways but posting highly dangerous HbA1c numbers to newbies in a copy and paste year after year is OK. When I criticise the place I get flack. Rods work is brilliant and must be allowed to stand and be seen by all at the DCUK forum.
    Two Collies
    Two Collies

Male Posts : 133

Post by Two Collies Wed Dec 10 2014, 10:12

Have linked to it in a new thread to try to keep things alive ! Twisted Evil
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Wed Dec 10 2014, 10:18

Two Collies wrote:Have linked to it in a new thread to try to keep things alive ! Twisted Evil

Anna's deleted your thread fergus!! Evil or Very Mad
    sanguine
    sanguine

Post by sanguine Wed Dec 10 2014, 10:47

It's being reviewed by the mods, I've asked for it to be passed by me first before it's reposted but we'll see. At least it's been left in place in the meantime. I've also linked to it in some posts, as have others.

Fergus I think it was your orginal 2009 post that I purloined for material, hope you don't mind.
    Two Collies
    Two Collies

Male Posts : 133

Post by Two Collies Wed Dec 10 2014, 10:56

sanguine wrote:

Fergus I think it was your orginal 2009 post that I purloined for material, hope you don't mind.
    Rod,
    That Fergus was Fergus Craig, not me,I'm sorry to say! Cool
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Wed Dec 10 2014, 15:02

Hopefully they will see sense. There is nothing but good advice in that post and it would be criminal not to share it. Keep spreading the word, lots of tiny whispers together can make a lot of noise !
    sanguine
    sanguine

Post by sanguine Wed Dec 10 2014, 16:50

Giverny's just made a few minor changes in emphasis in places, nothing fundamental, which I'm happy with given that the overall message is what's important. Should be made soon.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Wed Dec 10 2014, 16:53

That's good news Rod. Sense at last. Let's face it, you're only trying to help, not forcing anything on anyone.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Dec 10 2014, 17:17

I have it on good authority once Sid has fully approved Rods work the go button will be pressed. jocolor
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Wed Dec 10 2014, 17:32

eddie1 wrote:I have it on good authority once Sid has fully approved Rods work the go button will be pressed. jocolor

HoHoHo!! I can just imagine a possible Sid response over there(If he ever does and based on previous good threads that made him red with rage)...

"MODS MODS MODS!!!,WHY IS THIS POST ALLOWED TO STAND? NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO OR NEEDS TO LOW CARB OR SHOULD THE SAGE ADVICE FROM HCP'S WHO HAVE WORKED HARD TO GAIN THEIR QUALIFICATIONS IN THEIR FIELD OF EXPERTISE BE DISCREDITED BASED ON THIS? CRABS ARE NOT POISON-THERE IS NO DEBATE AND THIS IS JUST ANOTHER REASON WHY I RARELY POST HERE THESE DAYS!.."

freakout jimlad jocolor lol!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Dec 10 2014, 17:51

Paul wrote:
    eddie1 wrote:I have it on good authority once Sid has fully approved Rods work the go button will be pressed. jocolor

HoHoHo!! I can just imagine a possible Sid response over there(If he ever does and based on previous good threads that made him red with rage)...

"MODS MODS MODS!!!,WHY IS THIS POST ALLOWED TO STAND? NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO OR NEEDS TO LOW CARB OR SHOULD THE SAGE ADVICE FROM HCP'S WHO HAVE WORKED HARD TO GAIN THEIR QUALIFICATIONS IN THEIR FIELD OF EXPERTISE BE DISCREDITED BASED ON THIS? CRABS ARE NOT POISON-THERE IS NO DEBATE AND THIS IS JUST ANOTHER REASON WHY I RARELY POST HERE THESE DAYS!.."

freakout jimlad jocolor lol!

I miss Sid, say what you like but he was a riot when he was on form. Even the newbies must have realised he was barking. I reckon he would be a scream on a night out on the lash. woot
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Wed Dec 10 2014, 22:36

Two Collies wrote:Rod,
    That Fergus was Fergus Craig, not me,I'm sorry to say! Cool

Sorry my bad I should have said it was Fergus Craig Embarassed

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 17:01