THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
graham64
sanguine
6 posters

Check In and Chat - March 2015

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Check In and Chat - March 2015 Empty Check In and Chat - March 2015

Post by Jan1 Sun Mar 01 2015, 13:21

Can you believe it ....... March already, so time for a new Check In and Chat. sunny

I'm always pleased when the 1st of March is here .... it's a good thing to think Spring is just around the corner. The daffodils are springing up well and will soon be showing their lovely summery heads.
    In case you can't wait here are some for you....... and by the way Happy St Davids Day too.  

Check In and Chat - March 2015 Narcissus_daffodil_flower_229354

Hope March is a good month for you. Looking forward to some check in and chat's even if it's just to say hello Smile

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Check In and Chat - March 2015 Empty Re: Check In and Chat - March 2015

Post by Jan1 Sun Mar 01 2015, 13:38

Looking at some of my other posts it would seem I'm definitely in a flower frame of mind today Smile

All the best Jan

flower   flower   flower
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Mar 01 2015, 20:08

Looking forward to the last episode of 'The Casual Vacancy' later tonight ..... JK Rowling wrote a good book here I think Smile

Meanwhile what are those three men up to tonight perhaps three big kids may be a more apt description ....... do you know who I'm talking about - I'm sure you can guess?

Jan flower
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Sun Mar 01 2015, 20:28

Mrs Sanguine tells me the book is (unsurprisingly perhaps) much better than the TV series - I'm fairly irritated by most of the characters, maybe that's the point, sometimes it seems not far removed from the League of Gentlemen!

As for TG, it can be very entertaining but Clarkson really is a crass buffoon who's made an awful lot of money from not knowing very much. Hammond is just a child, but I do like James May - music degree, pilot's licence, he can make things and has a respect for traditional toys and a constructive 1950s/60s childhood.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Mar 02 2015, 10:57

sanguine wrote:Mrs Sanguine tells me the book is (unsurprisingly perhaps) much better than the TV series - I'm fairly irritated by most of the characters, maybe that's the point, sometimes it seems not far removed from the League of Gentlemen!

As for TG, it can be very entertaining but Clarkson really is a crass buffoon who's made an awful lot of money from not knowing very much.  Hammond is just a child, but I do like James May - music degree, pilot's licence, he can make things and has a respect for traditional toys and a constructive 1950s/60s childhood.

The book is so often better than the TV series .......

Really think you've got the three characters from Top Gear described perfectly .........

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Mar 04 2015, 12:59

We had a later breakfast in our house this morning ...... thought I'd prepare and cook us a nice mushroom omelette (with a little ham added too) .......

For some reason I have never been able to turn out those marvelous omelettes you see in recipes - Eddie's omelettes are brilliant. Was today going to be my first ever perfect omelette?

Err no ....... we nearly had to call Mo out - the smoke eminating from our kitchen was somewhat overpowering,  Embarassed. However, the omelettes did taste ok.

I've decided from now on I'll stick to scrambled, fried, poached, or hard boiled eggs - and let Eddie cook the omelettes !

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has cooking disasters from time to time ..... am I ?

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Wed Mar 04 2015, 22:32

Got a letter this morning from surgery re diabetes annual health check:

"There has been some changes to procedure this year following new national guidelines"

"Diabetic and CKD patients only - you do not need to fast for the blood test"

I would prefer a fasting test but as the appointment with the phlebotomist is at 12.50 pm it's not really an option.

I've also got my date for my review and found out that I'm seeing a new practice nurse and not the DSN who I've been seeing for all my reviews for the last seven years not happy about that at all.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Mar 05 2015, 14:32

Jan1 wrote:We had a later breakfast in our house this morning ...... thought I'd prepare and cook us a nice mushroom omelette (with a little ham added too) .......

For some reason I have never been able to turn out those marvelous omelettes you see in recipes - Eddie's omelettes are brilliant. Was today going to be my first ever perfect omelette?

Err no ....... we nearly had to call Mo out - the smoke eminating from our kitchen was somewhat overpowering,  Embarassed. However, the omelettes did taste ok.

I've decided from now on I'll stick to scrambled, fried, poached, or hard boiled eggs - and let Eddie cook the omelettes !

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has cooking disasters from time to time ..... am I ?

All the best Jan

>.>.>. Managed to cook today's breakfast without mishap or setting off the smoke alert lol!

The bacon, eggs and mushrooms tasted great Smile

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Mar 06 2015, 19:10

Yes, Forum was undergoing maintenance -  it took me a while to check in and now our lovely dinner is ready.

Oh well more from me later perhaps.

Hope you're all having a good evening so far ......  sunny

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Mar 07 2015, 17:37

What a glorious day it's been today ..... neighbours were attending a wedding and the sun certainly shone down on them. The bride looked wonderful Smile  

I had a fantastic stroll, only local, but it was great to see so many people out and about with big smiles on their face. The local lads were in their shorts Shocked so guess Spring / Summer has definitely arrived Exclamation

Hope you enjoyed your Saturday

All the best Jan

flower
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Mar 08 2015, 20:16

Check In and Chat - March 2015 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyW5J9xDRr4nBVetOAdGJAPLa_sm8dCSz_ywq5_6cLxPsVgtf6dw

Well yes it's me posting on Check In And Chat ....... anyone going to watch Poldark later tonight?

The original series was very good ..... in fact " It was one of the small screen sensations of the 1970s"

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Mar 09 2015, 18:25

Don't you just love even numbers 12220 posts ....... except this will make 12221, quick someone please make another post to even things out again

Thanks  Smile

All the best Jan
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Mon Mar 09 2015, 18:34

Jan1 wrote:Don't you just love even numbers 12220 posts ....... except this will make 12221, quick someone please make another post to even things out again

Thanks  Smile

All the best Jan

Just wait 'til we get to post #12345 Wink

I prefer even numbers too except for when I'm arranging pictures or ornaments in my house which visually have to be in 3's or 5's or I get pretty stressed! Cool
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Mar 09 2015, 18:52

Paul wrote:
    Jan1 wrote:Don't you just love even numbers 12220 posts ....... except this will make 12221, quick someone please make another post to even things out again

Thanks  Smile

All the best Jan

Just wait 'til we get to post #12345 Wink  

I prefer even numbers too except for when I'm arranging pictures or ornaments in my house which visually have to be in 3's or 5's or I get pretty stressed! Cool

Yes something about that number Wink

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Mar 09 2015, 18:57

Paul wrote:

The childen always used to joke about 'mums feng shui' I do like my family photographs displayed a certain way ..... and even Eddie doesn't dare touch them  affraid

It's my thing! I guess you could say I just love to see ALL their smiling faces from the photographs  Smile

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Mar 10 2015, 22:38

Taken from the Parkinson's / Statins thread:

quote"Paul" .... Jeez!! Yet another 'Nasty' to add to the list yet the bastards down my surgery are harassing me to the point of bullying almost to take them based on my total serum test of 5.8! Grrrr! I've got a cardiology appt on wednesday and I bet I'm gonna get the big sell from the consultant there too! .... end quote.

Hope all goes well tomorrow, Wednesday, Paul

All the best Jan
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Tue Mar 10 2015, 22:44

Jan1 wrote:Taken from the Parkinson's / Statins thread:

quote"Paul" .... Jeez!! Yet another 'Nasty' to add to the list yet the bastards down my surgery are harassing me to the point of bullying almost to take them based on my total serum test of 5.8! Grrrr! I've got a cardiology appt on wednesday and I bet I'm gonna get the big sell from the consultant there too! .... end quote.

Hope all goes well tomorrow, Wednesday Paul

All the best Jan

Thanks Jan! Smile
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Mar 11 2015, 11:15

Looking out of the window as I type this ..... it's another lovely March day - although maybe some parts of the UK are not having it so good.

May just have a nice mid-week walk later. One of our grand-children is currently doing a Spring Themed Project at School and is so enjoying walking around looking for signs of Spring - Primroses, Daffodils, Birds etc ...... it's great.

Who needs fast cars, diamonds etc ...... so often it's the simple things in life that can bring so much pleasure.   sunny    flower

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Mar 15 2015, 16:04

I like the 'tweaks' done recently to the Forum ..... thanks 'Admin'.

Just wanted to say to all mums - hope you are having an enjoyable Mothers Day.

Check In and Chat - March 2015 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2OnjF1WXvoHT4-2xXSds5EPpEh7rBaJQa_OWxUgyBWT8toDRALg

I've always liked pink colour flowers - you'd never have guessed would you?

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Mar 17 2015, 11:08

Check In and Chat - March 2015 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6aYKtdRuMMkpIvuJgSL5upeeTX5vFRsRDOy_3nq12pVaNhLVd

Happy St Patricks Day ..... well it just had to show the glass of guiness didn't it !

All the best Jan
    Sharon

Post by Sharon Tue Mar 17 2015, 12:12

some irish neighbours always celebrate st patricks day . they have good fun plenty of food and drink . we do not do the same for st george . perhaps the english do not like to celebrate as much .
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Tue Mar 17 2015, 12:30

Sharon wrote:some irish neighbours always celebrate st patricks day . they have good fun plenty of food and drink . we do not do the same for st george . perhaps the english do not like to celebrate as much .

It is disappointing that we (In England) as a whole,seem to overlook St.Georges day. Neutral
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Tue Mar 17 2015, 15:05

Every year there pops up a petition to make St George's Day a national holiday but nothing seems to come of it. I guess it's all down to money again. Everyone stays at home ( well, most ) whilst getting paid for it.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Mar 17 2015, 18:47

mo1905 wrote:Every year there pops up a petition to make St George's Day a national holiday but nothing seems to come of it. I guess it's all down to money again. Everyone stays at home ( well, most ) whilst getting paid for it.

Going back quite a few years now .... when at Primary School those of us who were in 'uniformed groups' brownies, cubs, girls brigade, boys brigade etc - for St Georges Day we were always encouraged to go to school in uniform, think that custom has long since disappeared.

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Wed Mar 18 2015, 22:39

Jan1 wrote:
    mo1905 wrote:Every year there pops up a petition to make St George's Day a national holiday but nothing seems to come of it. I guess it's all down to money again. Everyone stays at home ( well, most ) whilst getting paid for it.

Going back quite a few years now .... when at Primary School those of us who were in 'uniformed groups' brownies, cubs, girls brigade, boys brigade etc - for St Georges Day we were always encouraged to go to school in uniform, think that custom has long since disappeared.

All the best Jan

That would probably been seen as racist nowadays !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 21:22