THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+6
carty
Eddie
mo1905
AliB
zand
Avocado Sevenfold
10 posters

Check in and Chat - November 2014

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Check in and Chat - November 2014 Empty Check in and Chat - November 2014

Post by Jan1 Sun Nov 02 2014, 13:38

Do hope people will not mind, but following on Bode's original idea of Check in and Chat I'm starting one today for November.

This is what Bode originally said:

" I thought I would start up a chat thread where anyone can check in for the day.  I made it for the month, if it gets busy/long it can be changed to weekly or daily.

Feel free to post whatever you want

A few ideas - what's happening with your day, what your plans are, what you are eating, diabetes "stuff."  A good rant or compliment works too.

I just think it would be nice to have a place to get to know each other a bit.

(If this is a terrible idea, feel free to let me know - my feelings won't be hurt.    )"

So here we are in November, and in my next post I will talk about spiders  affraid

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Check in and Chat - November 2014 Empty Re: Check in and Chat - November 2014

Post by Jan1 Sun Nov 02 2014, 13:53

So spiders. Do they like your home at this time of year? Are they leaving cobwebs everywhere? Is the dreaded cobweb getting almost as bad as those 'Autumn Leaves' that keep falling in the garden. Well I may just have the answer.

As has been said recently on another thread, many people use conkers to keep spiders away. I had heard various friends say this too but never really believed it. However, visiting an elderly relation recently I was surprised to see conkers left at the edge of rooms. As this was something out of the usual I asked "what are those conkers doing there" ? .......'Spiders' came the reply. 'I get fed up seeing their cobwebs all over the place at this time of year '

Now I don't usually look critically at others amount of dust or cobwebs they may or may not have but had a quick look around and to my amazement couldn't see one cobweb.

Note to myself don't throw any conkers away, as well as using them for a nice Autumnal home decoration they do have other worthwhile uses.

....End of story  Smile

Look forward to hearing yours, about spiders, sheds, runs, recipes, christmas cards, diabetes related or otherwise.

Please share with us,

Thanks and ....

All the best Jan

flower
    Avocado Sevenfold
    Avocado Sevenfold

Female Posts : 258

Post by Avocado Sevenfold Sun Nov 02 2014, 15:32

I am off to do some baking in a moment. It is my nephew's 18th birthday tomorrow and we are going to an Italian restaurant to celebrate. It will be my first time out to dinner since diagnosis in January! I have checked the menu online and they have one lowish carb veggie dish - grilled goats cheese salad with walnuts and apple. Then off to granny's for chocolate orange birthday cake afterwards. I will be bloody starving after salad so want a decent pudding, hence my baking. Going to make chocolate almond muffins with orange flavoured cheesecakey topping so that I don't feel left out at pudding time.

Hehe managed to avoid talking about my embarrassing shed. It needs napalming.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Sun Nov 02 2014, 18:41

Wow seems like you've been around a lot longer than since january
    Avocado Sevenfold
    Avocado Sevenfold

Post by Avocado Sevenfold Sun Nov 02 2014, 18:49

Andy12345 wrote:Wow seems like you've been around a lot longer than since january

LMAO Sorry am I boring you? lol!
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Sun Nov 02 2014, 18:51

Avocado Sevenfold wrote:
    Andy12345 wrote:Wow seems like you've been around a lot longer than since january

LMAO Sorry am I boring you? lol!

No, you're not boring me anyway....(but if you could stop pulling my pigtails I would be really grateful) Rolling Eyes Smile
    Avocado Sevenfold
    Avocado Sevenfold

Post by Avocado Sevenfold Sun Nov 02 2014, 18:54

Hehe you love it really Very Happy

I am watching Fanny Cradock on the Food Network. She terrifies me Shocked
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sun Nov 02 2014, 18:56

lol yes she terrifies me too Smile affraid
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sun Nov 02 2014, 18:57

Avocado Sevenfold wrote:Hehe you love it really Very Happy

I am watching Fanny Cradock on the Food Network.  She terrifies me Shocked

+1000 freakout She certainly took no prisoners eh!
    Avocado Sevenfold
    Avocado Sevenfold

Post by Avocado Sevenfold Sun Nov 02 2014, 19:00

"I hope all your doughnuts turn out like Fanny's" Laughing

Her food doesn't even look nice. I bet the producers were just too scared to tell her.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Nov 02 2014, 19:03

Avocado Sevenfold wrote:"I hope all your doughnuts turn out like Fanny's" Laughing

Her food doesn't even look nice.  I bet the producers were just too scared to tell her.

I remember a re-run of one of her Christmas cooking shows from the 70's and her cooked Turkey looked as if a good vet could revive it back to life! Yuk!
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Nov 02 2014, 19:04

Was it her husband who put the holes in the doughnuts??? freakout

I'll get me coat...
    Avocado Sevenfold
    Avocado Sevenfold

Post by Avocado Sevenfold Sun Nov 02 2014, 19:06

It's the Christmas shows that are on today. She just carved a bird with garden secateurs!

Anyway, best pop on my best evening gown and get dinner sorted. Laters.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Nov 02 2014, 19:10

Avocado Sevenfold wrote:I am off to do some baking in a moment.  It is my nephew's 18th birthday tomorrow and we are going to an Italian restaurant to celebrate.  It will be my first time out to dinner since diagnosis in January! I have checked the menu online and they have one lowish carb veggie dish - grilled goats cheese salad with walnuts and apple.  Then off to granny's for chocolate orange birthday cake afterwards.  I will be bloody starving after salad so want a decent pudding, hence my baking.  Going to make chocolate almond muffins with orange flavoured cheesecakey topping so that I don't feel left out at pudding time.

Hehe managed to avoid talking about my embarrassing shed.  It needs napalming.

Italian's know how to celebrate, but most menu's do include pasta affraid

All right for some maybe? But I usually find there is a good low carb alternative.

Your chocolate almond muffins sound great.

Anyway I think sheds are more a mans thing - don't woman have a study or sewing room to disappear to lol!

Now Fanny Craddock what a character - is Gordon Ramsey a modern day match ?

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Nov 03 2014, 10:59

Tightrope Walker !

Did anyone see that amazing tightrope walker on TV .....what a height, made me very weak at the knees.

Think I'll stick to walking the pavements lol!

All the best Jan
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Mon Nov 03 2014, 11:06

Jan1 wrote:Tightrope Walker !

Did anyone see that amazing tightrope walker on TV .....what a height, made me very weak at the knees.

All the best Jan

Yes I saw him. He's crazy! Shocked Rolling Eyes
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Nov 03 2014, 15:55

zand wrote:
    Jan1 wrote:Tightrope Walker !

All the best Jan

Yes I saw him.  He's crazy! Shocked Rolling Eyes

There were so many people watching - I certainly wouldn't have and as for letting children watch Shocked

Walking a tightrope in the circus is one thing but the height that guy was at  affraid

All the best Jan
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Mon Nov 03 2014, 15:59

I couldn't believe the guys Dad was actually telling him to give the wire a BOUNCE at one point!! freakout
    AliB
    AliB

Female Posts : 377

Post by AliB Mon Nov 03 2014, 16:45

I have to admit.......I got Fanny Craddock's autograph when I was a kid. Bit weird, but I was a weird kid. I got a few other too, like the Searchers, but I can't remember the rest. I ought to look them out and put them on eBay.....

Tightrope walker. Why?

Great contribution to society...... Neutral
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Nov 03 2014, 16:54

Talking about people's autographs. In my teens we lived fairly near the recording studio for 'Ready Steady Go' .....my friend and I always went and stood outside waiting for the 'pop stars' to come by. The Walker Brothers was my best autograph.

It's true some autographs can be sold for a fair bit of money  Smile

All the best Jan
    AliB
    AliB

Female Posts : 377

Post by AliB Mon Nov 03 2014, 22:15

Everybody else's except mine. Probably.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Nov 03 2014, 22:23

AliB wrote:Everybody else's except mine.  Probably.

Who knows ...... you may be surprised?

Wish I had one of The Beatles ! Think they always changed hands for decent money .... but money isn't everything, or so they say.

......Talking of money, we passed a very nice 'Vanquish' car earlier today .......nice. But mine takes me from A to B very adequately perhaps not in the same style but not to worry. Smile

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Nov 04 2014, 17:43

Hello to everyone - have you had a good day ?

Tell us a little about it ?

My day went well - have enjoyed the sunshine, and are now looking forward to a nice low carb dinner. Think it may be 'The Missing' tonight - must check the TV guide.

All the best Jan
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Wed Nov 05 2014, 09:35

bunked off work yesterday to do my ****, working harder at home than at work, that can't be right
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Wed Nov 05 2014, 11:32

Andy, bunked off work to do your **** ????

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 07:29