THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+7
RANDBURG
zand
graham64
sanguine
Avocado Sevenfold
Sharon
Eddie
11 posters

Check In and Chat - December 2014

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Check In and Chat - December 2014 Empty Check In and Chat - December 2014

Post by Jan1 Mon Dec 01 2014, 12:03

Well can you believe it's December already?

Thought it a good idea to start a fresh 'Check in and Chat' for this month.

So please share any thoughts about food, politics, reality TV, great recipes, things that annoy you, things that please you.

It's the place to chat even if it's just to share a Happy Christmas emoticon  santa

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Check In and Chat - December 2014 Empty Re: Check In and Chat - December 2014

Post by Jan1 Mon Dec 01 2014, 12:11

I enjoy reading poems and I came across this one - aptly titled Monday. It was written on Monday 12th November 2012 but it could have been written today Monday 1st December 2014.

What do you think  Question

"It's Monday.
    Most people hate Mondays. Back to school, back to work, back to losing sleep. I don't particularly enjoy them either, but today is different. Today, I feel like this is the start of a new week. Last week was tough and all, but its all over now... Monday. We all want to curl back up under the covers in a cocoon of blankets. But Monday. All of last week's hardships are through. Gone. Over.

Today is Monday, November 12th, 2012.
    There will never be another. Ever

Monday.
    It's only a bad day if you make it one."

Thanks to AMT at Hello Poetry ............  sunny

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Dec 02 2014, 18:04

Well this thread is called 'Check In and Chat'.......

so reading various news articles it would seem a lot of viewers are not pleased with how 'I'm A Celebrity' is progressing .......apparently "outraged fans of Jimmy Bullard have accused ITV bosses of manipulating ‘I’m A Celebrity’ footage so that its own stars look better."

Now a few people I know quite liked Jimmy - alas I've only watched the show once so don't feel qualified to say lol!  

Any fans here ?

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Tue Dec 02 2014, 22:16

Jimmy was the best celeb in there. Very surprised he went first ! I hope Foggy wins now !
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Dec 02 2014, 22:20

mo1905 wrote:Jimmy was the best celeb in there. Very surprised he went first ! I hope Foggy wins now !

Thanks for that Mo ..... I was beginning to think nobody was going to 'Check in and Chat' Question  lol!

Is Edwina Currie still in ?

Jan

flower
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Wed Dec 03 2014, 10:54

Yeah,I agree Jimmy was a great contestant and I too hope foggy wins now...Mel sykes and Tinchy Stryder are boring as hell and I don't know why they're still there TBH. Shocked
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Wed Dec 03 2014, 10:57

Jan1 wrote:
    mo1905 wrote:Jimmy was the best celeb in there. Very surprised he went first ! I hope Foggy wins now !

Thanks for that Mo ..... I was beginning to think nobody was going to 'Check in and Chat' Question  lol!

Is Edwina Currie still in ?

Jan

flower

Hi Jan!

Edwina is still in camp and she sure doesn't take no prisoners!! Very Happy

Cheers

Paul
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Wed Dec 03 2014, 17:23

Edwina is a very strong lady lol ! Poor old John Major ! Tough gig :-)
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Dec 03 2014, 17:56

Have to agree Edwina Currie is one strong lady .....could she go on to win ?

She will be remembered for many things ...... including the eggs fiasco.......

santa rendeer  santa  rendeer  santa

Received our first Christmas Cards through the mail today - some of our friends and relations are very organised  Smile

Hope everyone's had a good Wednesday ?

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Wed Dec 03 2014, 18:06

I'm on my 3rd day of EMT refresher this week. Two written exams and 7 practical assessments tomorrow. There is approx 30 people in the class, mostly US Air Force Military. I am sat next to a young GI, obviously very fit and works out a lot. We got chatting and he told me he eats virtually no carbs. I played along. He is unaware I'm diabetic as it's a work thing so I don't advertise it too much. He then had his breakfast, apple & cinnamon porridge oats with a banana. His lunch was a tuna sandwich, an apple and a nutri grain bar ! Virtually no carbs eh lol ! I showed him my carbs & cals app and carb content in some of his snacks. He told me they were a "different type" of carbs !!!!!
    Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes banghead banghead banghead banghead banghead
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Wed Dec 03 2014, 18:12

mo1905 wrote:I'm on my 3rd day of EMT refresher this week. Two written exams and 7 practical assessments tomorrow. There is approx 30 people in the class, mostly US Air Force Military. I am sat next to a young GI, obviously very fit and works out a lot. We got chatting and he told me he eats virtually no carbs. I played along. He is unaware I'm diabetic as it's a work thing so I don't advertise it too much. He then had his breakfast, apple & cinnamon porridge oats with a banana. His lunch was a tuna sandwich, an apple and a nutri grain bar ! Virtually no carbs eh lol ! I showed him my carbs & cals app and carb content in some of his snacks. He told me they were a "different type" of carbs !!!!!
    Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes banghead banghead banghead banghead banghead

Never forget Nobblyhead and Sid have described themselves as low carbers, because they eat less than the daily recommended. One man's low carb is another man's carb blow out. Still, it,s good for confusing the newbies.

Last edited by eddie1 on Wed Dec 03 2014, 18:14; edited 1 time in total
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Wed Dec 03 2014, 18:13

mo1905 wrote:I'm on my 3rd day of EMT refresher this week. Two written exams and 7 practical assessments tomorrow. There is approx 30 people in the class, mostly US Air Force Military. I am sat next to a young GI, obviously very fit and works out a lot. We got chatting and he told me he eats virtually no carbs. I played along. He is unaware I'm diabetic as it's a work thing so I don't advertise it too much. He then had his breakfast, apple & cinnamon porridge oats with a banana. His lunch was a tuna sandwich, an apple and a nutri grain bar ! Virtually no carbs eh lol ! I showed him my carbs & cals app and carb content in some of his snacks. He told me they were a "different type" of carbs !!!!!

D'oh!!! freakout jimlad facepalm

Different type of carbs eh? Thank god he's NOT diabetic eh as his meter would soon show him otherwise even if his BG spike was slower onset.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Dec 04 2014, 12:39

Hope everyone is having a reasonable Thursday - only three weeks 'til Christmas Day santa clap

Have been watching the first launch of The Orion Space Craft ......it's still waiting to go as I type this !

I can remember when man first made it to the moon the world was hooked, everyone watching and talking about a great achievement.

I know many would like to go into space - me I'll keep my feet on the ground. But how about you?

All the best Jan
    Sharon

Post by Sharon Thu Dec 04 2014, 14:39

not brave enough to go into space . even flying makes me nervous .
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Dec 04 2014, 17:01

Unfortunately they couldn't launch The Orion Space Craft today - have to see what happens tomorrow. They showed 'man's first walk on the moon' that bought back memories.

These days, however and wherever you travel, it sometimes is not the nicest of experience.Neutral

I think one good way to travel is by train among the beautiful scenery that we do still have in parts of the UK.

All the best Jan
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Dec 04 2014, 17:04

I would love to explore the wonders of space but only if I was single and without children as with my current situation with a wife and young kiddies who depend on me-I wouldn't take the risk as when things go wrong with space travel-They go very wrong.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Dec 05 2014, 11:46

.... continuing on the space craft story!

I see Elmo was very excited by it's attempted launch. According to The Huffington Post "Some observers find it a little hard to be excited by NASA's test launch of the Orion EFT-1 capsule. First, it looks just a bit too similar to the craft we launched to the Moon 45 years ago and not like the futuristic space planes of the, er, 1980s.

Second, they've already cancelled the launch once.

Still, some of us are still excited. Partly because Orion is actually an incredibly cool and advanced spacecraft designed to take humans to Mars and back. But also because Elmo is excited about it, and if you can't get into anything Elmo is this excited about, you have no soul."

Go over and see what he said here : http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/12/04/elmo-orion_n_6274262.html?utm_hp_ref=uk&ir=UK

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Dec 05 2014, 11:51

Grumpy time Sad

I see rail fares are set to go up again in January. I know many will not be pleased with this, one of them our student son.

Will this affect you at all?

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Dec 05 2014, 20:17

I see on the news this evening the space craft Orion finally launched. Is this money well spent? Time will tell. Although as we are surrounded by many seas I often wonder would we be better if we explored the seas and not space ?

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Dec 06 2014, 17:41

I see Edwina has been in the news today for what shall we call it .....giving too much information affraid  about her sex life Embarassed She'll probably go on to win now.

Have I got it right there are only four left in ?

Mo's favourite is Foggy ....guess the grand final can't be far off?

........no prizes for guessing what I'll be watching tonight  Question

All the best Jan.
            flower
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Dec 08 2014, 16:22

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the TV thread or here ....tossed a coin and it's here  lol!

So Celebrity ....Foggy won

The X Factor Lauren Platt's out

Strictly ......Pixie Lott is out

Well what else does anyone watch Smile  Question

Has anyone got a current favourite on the TV

All the best Jan
             flower
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Mon Dec 08 2014, 21:49

I like Professional Masterchef !
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Dec 11 2014, 10:17

.....I enjoy watching professional master chef too  Smile

Special day today - it's one of our grandchildren's school Christmas Concert, he will be a shepherd. Mum and dad have made him a great costume. It's going to be joy itself to watch them all take part and share this special time of year. Am I a softy or what? I just love being a Grandma sunny  

Hope you all have a good day  Very Happy   santa   Very Happy   santa

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Dec 11 2014, 10:51

Sounds like you will have a great day today Jan ! Enjoy :-)
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Dec 11 2014, 18:25

mo1905 wrote:Sounds like you will have a great day today Jan ! Enjoy :-)

Magic
    Magic
    Magic

I love this time of year

All those who say BAH Humbug stay away please - or at least leave a fairly happy comment lol!

Thanks  sunny    santa    sunny    santa

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12 2024, 04:58