THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Simple is always best

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Simple is always best  Empty Simple is always best

Post by Eddie Tue Nov 25 2014, 19:32

In a former working life, Dr. Jay Wortman was an engineer. Dr Richard Bernstein was an engineer. Bob Krause was an engineer too. Is this just a coincidence? Perhaps not. This is purely anecdotal, but I have found that many of the most creative-thinkers in the area of health and nutrition have a background in engineering. One of the sharpest minds in the blogosphere is Dr. Michael R. Eades. I’m sure you’re aware of his site, and would agree with him on most things regarding diet and health. He too began his career as an engineer. I was an engineer for over twenty years. Engineers are problem solvers and are usually very logical people. So often when something looks right, it is right. Simple is always best and engineers have a sixth sense when something is wrong.

What’s all this got to do with type two diabetes you may be asking yourself. Well, for me controlling type two diabetes is all down to logical thinking. What causes diabetic complications ? High BG. What causes high BG ? carbs, reduce carbs, reduce BG, diabetes sorted. What about the loss of carbs re nutrients ? Carbs such as spuds, rice, pasta and bread etc. low in nutrients, replace with high nutrient foods, problem solved. How logical could that be ? Far too logical for most Doctors and Dietitions etc. it appears.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Simple is always best  Empty Re: Simple is always best

Post by mo1905 Tue Nov 25 2014, 20:29

To be honest, I think most of us all agree that carb reduction is a no brainer ( apart from a few NHS dinosaur dieticians ). What appears to be the sticky point is what to replace them with. I totally agree with your lateral thinking regarding carbs. I would go as far to say as we have an allergy to them ( I received a warning for saying that at DCUK ). This is from Websters Dictionary:

Exaggerated reaction by the body to foreign substances that are harmless to most people. Those substances, called allergens or antigens, may include pollens, drugs, dusts, foods, and other items. Immediate allergic reactions result from genetic predisposition or sensitization by previous exposure.

I had huge backlash when I suggested carb allergy. It surprised me a little to be honest. If my body reacted badly to peanut butter, I would hardly expect to be told to eat peanut butter in moderation. Perhaps this is an extreme comparison but I simply can't understand why low carb is not being pushed by the entire medical profession. Unbelievable.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Thu Nov 27 2014, 20:39

The 'problem' with simple is that it does often work but many just can't or don't want to know. They perhaps prefer things to be complicated, they like life to be complicated ....in a funny way some find they feel more comfortable if life is complicated ?

Now me I prefer simple, especially the older I get. Life goes well on simple. The LCHF lifestyle is simple and the benefits not only to diabetics, but non diabetics too. For example those who suffer with epilepsy ......

Why complicate things when we don't need to sunny

Jan

flower

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 17:19