THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Herb Omelette - Simple and Delicious

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Herb Omelette - Simple and Delicious Empty Herb Omelette - Simple and Delicious

Post by Jan1 Mon May 04 2015, 09:56

Herb Omelette - Simple and Delicious Compressed_resizeimage593x426xROvK8j3pvK

Herb omelette, which is simply delicious. Such a quick and easy meal with several variations. Ready in 7 minutes. Cooking time 5 minutes. Prep time 2 minutes.

Ingredients:

Serves 1
    3 medium free-range eggs
    1 tsp unsalted butter
    1 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (such as fresh chives, dill and flat-leaf parsley)

Method:
    1. Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk together until the yolks and whites are well combined.
    2. Set a 20cm non-stick frying pan over a high heat. When the pan is hot, add the butter. As it begins to sizzle, pour in the egg mixture. Using a spatula, stir slowly for 15-20 seconds, as if you were making scrambled eggs.
    3. Reduce the heat to medium-low and place your herbs or choice of fillings around the centre of the omelette.
    4. As soon as the egg begins to set on the bottom (about 1 minute), fold a third of the omelette towards the middle of the pan, enclosing the filling.
    5. To remove the omelette from the pan and create the classic two-fold rolled effect, tilt the pan, slide the omelette out and use your spatula to create the final fold.

Omelettes are such a great way to start the day, or enjoy for lunch or even a light supper.

Original idea here

https://www.homemadebyyou.co.uk/recipes/main-courses/herb-omelette

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Herb Omelette - Simple and Delicious Empty Re: Herb Omelette - Simple and Delicious

Post by Jan1 Mon Aug 10 2015, 15:18

Quite simply delicious sunny

You may have seen this before  Exclamation

If you may be looking for a simple, tasty and nutritious breakfast - I can recommend this Smile  

If you need to check the recipe please look at the post above !!

Bon Appetit

All the best Jan
    Pasha

Male Posts : 68

Herb Omelette - Simple and Delicious Empty Re: Herb Omelette - Simple and Delicious

Post by Pasha Mon Aug 10 2015, 17:50

Looks great Jan, thanks

Since I cook my own breakfast, I shall be making two simple male style modifications.

1/ no two fold rolled effect

2/ Eat straight from the pan. Saves me washing a plate.

Indy51
    Indy51

Female Posts : 344

Post by Indy51 Tue Aug 11 2015, 01:15

Pasha wrote:Looks great Jan, thanks

Since I cook my own breakfast, I shall be making two simple male style modifications.

1/ no two fold rolled effect

2/ Eat straight from the pan.  Saves me washing a plate.

It's not just males who are lazy in the cooking department, Pasha. I always eat scrambled eggs or omelettes from the pan. We're not lazy, we're efficiency experts thumb-up
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Apr 06 2016, 14:54

Jan1 wrote:

Herb omelette, which is simply delicious. Such a quick and easy meal with several variations. Ready in 7 minutes. Cooking time 5 minutes. Prep time 2 minutes.

Ingredients:

Serves 1
    3 medium free-range eggs
    1 tsp unsalted butter
    1 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (such as fresh chives, dill and flat-leaf parsley)

Method:
    1. Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk together until the yolks and whites are well combined.
    2. Set a 20cm non-stick frying pan over a high heat. When the pan is hot, add the butter. As it begins to sizzle, pour in the egg mixture. Using a spatula, stir slowly for 15-20 seconds, as if you were making scrambled eggs.
    3. Reduce the heat to medium-low and place your herbs or choice of fillings around the centre of the omelette.
    4. As soon as the egg begins to set on the bottom (about 1 minute), fold a third of the omelette towards the middle of the pan, enclosing the filling.
    5. To remove the omelette from the pan and create the classic two-fold rolled effect, tilt the pan, slide the omelette out and use your spatula to create the final fold.

Omelettes are such a great way to start the day, or enjoy for lunch or even a light supper.

Original idea here

https://www.homemadebyyou.co.uk/recipes/main-courses/herb-omelette

All the best Jan

If anyone in your family is feeling slightly under the weather, I can recommend something like this for breakfast ...

Of course if you are 100% fit, I would also recommend it ...

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 17:34