THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

There’s drama on dietitian Twitter

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

There’s drama on dietitian Twitter - Page 2 Empty Re: There’s drama on dietitian Twitter

Post by Eddie Sat Dec 23 2017, 13:10

I had one hell of a bun fight on twitter yesterday, with one of the most rabid anti low carbers I have ever come across, and by the cringe, I have known some. I thought I would check him out this morning and what do I find..............8.5K tweets and only five followers, and one just happens to be the legendary Cashin. Ya could not make it up  wtf

There’s drama on dietitian Twitter - Page 2 Cashin%2Bgolf%2Bpro  
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

There’s drama on dietitian Twitter - Page 2 Empty Re: There’s drama on dietitian Twitter

Post by graham64 Sat Dec 23 2017, 22:12

Eddie wrote:I had one hell of a bun fight on twitter yesterday, with one of the most rabid anti low carbers I have ever come across, and by the cringe, I have known some. I thought I would check him out this morning and what do I find..............8.5K tweets and only five followers, and one just happens to be the legendary Cashin. Ya could not make it up  wtf

There’s drama on dietitian Twitter - Page 2 Cashin%2Bgolf%2Bpro  

Nothing new there then she's always been attracted to weirdos think Jopar, Phoenix et al
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sun Dec 24 2017, 21:46

Look dietitian Duane Mellor pimping for Nestle 

There’s drama on dietitian Twitter - Page 2 Nestle

We are looking for an enthusiastic individual, who is currently in their second year studying towards an Association for Nutrition accredited undergraduate degree. You need to demonstrate the confidence to use your initiative and the ability to work closely within teams. You will need excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and to be computer literate. You should be highly motivated, with a strong level of communication skills and an ability to prioritise tasks and deliver on time. We would also expect you to demonstrate an awareness of current health and nutrition issues in the UK

chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Tue Dec 26 2017, 22:30

Eddie wrote:I had one hell of a bun fight on twitter yesterday, with one of the most rabid anti low carbers I have ever come across, and by the cringe, I have known some. I thought I would check him out this morning and what do I find..............8.5K tweets and only five followers, and one just happens to be the legendary Cashin. Ya could not make it up  wtf

Oh yes he writes a lot of balls.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Thu Dec 28 2017, 19:40

chris c wrote:

Oh yes he writes a lot of balls.

On further investigation, I find my latest kick butt troll is not the full ticket, I have personal knowledge of autism, not his fault, but easy to see why Sister Scurvy is one of his five followers. But thems the breaks folks. affraid
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Thu Dec 28 2017, 21:40

Autism? Oh that explains a lot, I thought he was just a divot.

Regulation of hepatic glucose
    metabolism in health and disease

http://sci-hub.hk/10.1038/nrendo.2017.80

you don't necessarily need to follow all the pathways involved, just look at the diagrams and ask yourself why we would evolve such sophisticated mechanisms for manufacturing and controlling glucose if we were meant to overdose on the stuff from our diets.

chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat Dec 30 2017, 23:51

"I guess all it takes to be a dietitian in this country is surviving the lobotomy"

Not one of mine but I suspect I shall steal it for future use.

This was interesting

http://www.cardiovascularbusiness.com/topics/lipid-metabolic/scientists-discover-new-form-diabetes-caused-gene-mutation

paper here

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-017-00895-9.pdf

This comes close to describing me, and others. One of my fellow sufferers has it mostly in females in her family, but in mine it mostly hits males, and others with a similar syndrome have it in both sexes (all genders?) The distribution is wrong for it to be a genuine monogenetic MODY but I suspect other gene variants may come to light once people stop believing the dogma that being fat causes diabetes, and eating fat makes you fat, or the newer dogma that eating meat causes diabetes (sigh)
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Jan 05 2018, 21:42

Joanna Blythman made herself a bit unpopular with the Usual Suspects

http://www.businessinsider.com/nutrition-advice-wrong-2014-3?IR=T
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Tue Jan 09 2018, 21:31

Is this what happens to dietitians when they follow their own dietary advice 

There’s drama on dietitian Twitter - Page 2 DTFyb6pXUAApixe
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Mon Jan 15 2018, 20:25

graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Mon Jan 15 2018, 21:43

chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat Jan 20 2018, 00:02

Mellor is an intelligent cretin. Clever enough to sound convincing to the easily convinced but as clueless as the rest.

Meanwhile Real Science is pulling together a lot of threads in the pattern of metabolic disaster and finding common pathways towards a whole bunch of seemingly disparate diseases, all of which have purely coincidentally increased since low fat diets based on manufactured foodlike substances have been touted.

Interesting to see one or two once-rabid low carb antis are gradually moderating their positions though.
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sat Jan 20 2018, 23:35

chris c wrote:Mellor is an intelligent cretin. Clever enough to sound convincing to the easily convinced but as clueless as the rest.

Depends on how you define intelligence don't forget it was Mellor that stated Low Carb diets removed all sources carbohydrates, a dietitian that doesn't know the difference between low carb and no carb hardly inspires confidence in his profession

What I can state with confidence is that Mellor's association the BDA promote a diet for adults and children that has removed all sources of dairy, meat and fish

Meanwhile on twitter Carrie Ruxton RD 

https://twitter.com/DrCarrieRuxton/status/954363874865754112
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sun Jan 21 2018, 22:30

Ruxton again  Rolling Eyes

There’s drama on dietitian Twitter - Page 2 Captureaaa

The fact that the diet does not allow consumption of dairy products is also criticised by some nutrition experts, including the British Dietetic Association. Eliminating key food groups such as dairy products from your diet raises the chance of nutritional deficiencies. 

And yet the BDA actively promotes a vegan diet that eliminates dairy   Mad
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Mon Jan 22 2018, 21:04

That's different, because animals.

I get the impression some of them are starting to see through the bollocks they have been marketing but they are more concerned about their social status as "experts" than their patients' health.

Do you actually see any diabetics NOT being told to eat HCLF? Mostly they do this despite, not because of, their dieticians.

This surprised me

https://www.webmd.com/diet/ss/slideshow-ketogenic-diet

WebMD is the sort of site doctors are supposed to use. In fact back in the days of PCTs I heard of some doctors whose computers were locked to "approved" sites only, so this is bit of a game changer.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Mon Jan 22 2018, 21:09

graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Mon Jan 22 2018, 22:09

Had to laugh at Mellor waffling on the DiscoStew tweet could not come up with an answer to why according to the BDA it's ok to remove dairy for vegans but not on paleo, maybe there's ££££££ to be made out of veganism
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Jan 26 2018, 21:57

Well most of the manufactured foodlike substances they tout are vegan. Coke, Kelloggs, Unilever, Nestle and of course sugar. What could possibly go wrong?

James Di Nicolantonio has been on a roll recently, and not a bread one.

This is simple enough that even a dietician could read it, but they won't

How calorie-focused thinking about obesity and related diseases
    may mislead and harm public health. An alternative

https://www.cambridge.org/core/services/aop-cambridge-core/content/view/7203F27BFDE14B828C50F20548BCC49C/S1368980014002559a.pdf/how-calorie-focused-thinking-about-obesity-and-related-diseases-may-mislead-and-harm-public-health-an-alternative.pdf

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19 2024, 10:08