THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
Eddie
Jan1
6 posters

The Low Carb Dietitian's Guide to Health and Beauty by Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator Franziska Spritzler

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

The Low Carb Dietitian's Guide to Health and Beauty by Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator Franziska Spritzler Empty The Low Carb Dietitian's Guide to Health and Beauty by Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator Franziska Spritzler

Post by Eddie Thu Feb 05 2015, 11:06

The Low Carb Dietitian's Guide to Health and Beauty by Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator Franziska Spritzler FSBOOK%2BCOVER

Franziska Spritzler, RD, CDE, is a strong proponent of carbohydrate restriction for people struggling with weight and blood glucose issues. In addition to working in private practice, she is a freelance writer whose articles about low-carbohydrate diets have been published online and in diabetes journals and magazines, including the American Diabetes Association's Diabetes Spectrum. She is also the creator of this great website http://www.lowcarbdietitian.com/blog

Her book is available here. https://booklaunch.io/lowcarbrd/lcdguidetohealthandbeauty

Franziska is a fantastic person who can talk the talk and walk the walk, as can be seen below Jan and myself met Franziska the summer before last. I reckon she looks 10 to 15 years younger than her age, she is in her late forties and picture of health. She has kindly sent us a copy of this book and when I have read it, I will give you a full report. The book is aimed at women, but who knows, it might even improve my gnarled boat race.  Cool

The Low Carb Dietitian's Guide to Health and Beauty by Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator Franziska Spritzler 1
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

The Low Carb Dietitian's Guide to Health and Beauty by Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator Franziska Spritzler Empty Re: The Low Carb Dietitian's Guide to Health and Beauty by Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator Franziska Spritzler

Post by Jan1 Thu Feb 05 2015, 20:02

I'm really looking forward to reading this book - do have a look at the amazon reviews Smile

All the best Jan
    Eddie
    Eddie

The Low Carb Dietitian's Guide to Health and Beauty by Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator Franziska Spritzler Empty Re: The Low Carb Dietitian's Guide to Health and Beauty by Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator Franziska Spritzler

Post by Eddie Sat Feb 07 2015, 12:49

I have just noticed the link I gave in my first post is wrong, this link works. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RXYUZG0

Check out what people are saying.

"First, let me say how great it is for us ladies to have a book especially for us. Don't get me wrong fellas, there is a huge amount of content here for everyone, including a discussion about the benefits of a low carb lifestyle, a discussion of controversies in low carb, including a complete run down of sweetener substitutes, menu plans, recipes, and education on supplements, and exercise. She even gives distinctly different low carb plans to fit differing needs, including vegetarian options. All of this information applies to a broad audience. But then she goes over and above to address the unique challenges and concerns facing women and weight loss, health and trying to help us look and feel our best. That was the part I most appreciated. She wraps it up with a FAQ section that addresses most of the common questions encountered from those considering a low carb way of life. It is packed with evidence based references and reliable sources. This book is ideal both for those new to low carb living, as well as more seasoned low carbers like myself. Gotta have this one folks! Thank you Franziska for an amazing job!"

"I am just beginning on the low carb path and I found this book to be the perfect level of content. It didn't overwhelm me with science yet it provided a good foundation for understanding. And it gave useful, practical guidelines for how to achieve success. I agree that I think it is especially helpful for women who face challenges of shifting hormones during menopause years. I have not yet tried the recipes but they sound amazing and this weekend will be my time for some experimentation. I also like that she covers everything I am concerned about--weight loss, exercise levels, what about the sagging skin issue, how to keep my skin looking great, how to keep my energy up, how to avoid those cravings!, and SO much more. Highly recommend!"
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Feb 09 2015, 18:25

I make no apologies for promoting my good friend Franziska and her work at every opportunity. We must support the medical professionals who refuse to follow the old dogma of failure for people looking to lose weight and control their diabetes.

"Many people mistakenly believe that people with type 1 diabetes are thin and only those with type 2 diabetes are overweight, but this isn't true. Although many individuals with type 2 are overweight and their blood glucose and insulin levels somewhat influenced by their size, others are normal weight. People with type 1 diabetes, who produce no insulin or insufficient amounts, may be underweight, normal weight, overweight, or obese. Unfortunately for many girls, the hormone fluctuations that occur during puberty cause insulin resistance, increasing the amount of insulin they must inject to control their blood sugar. This can lead to erratic blood glucose levels and weight gain, which can be extremely distressing and make an already challenging disease even more difficult to manage. At a time when girls are most image conscious and just want be like their peers, they have the added burden of insulin-dependent diabetes to contend with.

Reducing insulin dosage or omitting it altogether in an effort to avoid weight gain can be extremely tempting for teens, who often lack the foresight to realize the damage uncontrolled blood glucose can do over time. It's well known that many type 1 females engage in deliberate insulin restriction at least occasionally. In one study, 30% of women admitted to withholding insulin in order to control their weight (2), and it's estimated that 30-40% of adolescents and young women regularly engage in this practice (1). This is significantly higher than the prevalence of bulimia or anorexia among females without diabetes, estimated at 1.5% and 0.9% over one's lifetime, respectively (3). While the term "diabulimia" isn't currently recognized as an official diagnosis and has been criticized as "a misnomer that may lead to the minimization of two very serious illnesses, eating disorders and type 1 diabetes,"(4) it is becoming used more and more frequently among researchers and healthcare professionals, and I think it accurately characterizes the dangerous practice of manipulating insulin administration in order to control weight."

Read more of her latest post here http://www.lowcarbdietitian.com/blog/diabulimia-reducing-risk-with-carbohydrate-restriction
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Feb 21 2015, 18:25

eddie1 wrote:
    The Low Carb Dietitian's Guide to Health and Beauty by Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator Franziska Spritzler FSBOOK%2BCOVER

Franziska Spritzler, RD, CDE, is a strong proponent of carbohydrate restriction for people struggling with weight and blood glucose issues. In addition to working in private practice, she is a freelance writer whose articles about low-carbohydrate diets have been published online and in diabetes journals and magazines, including the American Diabetes Association's Diabetes Spectrum. She is also the creator of this great website http://www.lowcarbdietitian.com/blog

Her book is available here. https://booklaunch.io/lowcarbrd/lcdguidetohealthandbeauty

Franziska is a fantastic person who can talk the talk and walk the walk, as can be seen below Jan and myself met Franziska the summer before last. I reckon she looks 10 to 15 years younger than her age, she is in her late forties and picture of health. She has kindly sent us a copy of this book and when I have read it, I will give you a full report. The book is aimed at women, but who knows, it might even improve my gnarled boat race.  Cool

The Low Carb Dietitian's Guide to Health and Beauty by Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator Franziska Spritzler 1

Franziska very kindly sent us a copy of her book and here is my review.  sunny

The first thing I liked was the cover it's clean and bright, Franziska looks fantastic, and it invites you to dive in.

The second thing I liked was the size of the print, what has that got to do with a book review I hear you ask? Well to me that is important - I have never been one to pick up a book if the print is too small for me, I like to be comfortable when I am sitting reading.

Now the third, fourth and continued great points ....... Franziska has set out her book in a well planned way, her writing and explanation is clear, concise and written in a way that 'the ordinary person' can fully understand.

I particularly liked her question and answer section about Nutrition, Health and Beauty .....

I also loved the section where she has a quiz to find out what low carb plan may best suit you 'Low Carb Diet Options'

It was also great to have recipe ideas and menu plans to help you.

Was there anything I didn't like about the book? The honest answer is NO. sunny

Definitely a good read and it's available on kindle or paperback.

I think this is the link to amazon http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RXYUZG0

Can I just add these views are my own personal ones and we do not have any monetary ties to amazon (or anywhere else for that matter).

If you do get a copy of Franziska's book I am sure it will not dis-appoint.

All the best Jan
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sat Feb 21 2015, 18:39

Hi Jan!

Thanks for the review-will be purchasing this soon myself and here's the link for Amazon UK who are retailing the paperback copy for £9.94 with free delivery

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Carb-Dietitians-Guide-Health-Beauty/dp/0986342904/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424543823&sr=8-1&keywords=franziska+spritzler

Cheers

Paul Smile
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sat Feb 21 2015, 19:41

Thanks for review Jan, book looks great, so does author :-)
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Feb 23 2015, 19:07

Paul wrote:Hi Jan!

Thanks for the review-will be purchasing this soon myself and here's the link for Amazon UK who are retailing the paperback copy for £9.94 with free delivery

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Carb-Dietitians-Guide-Health-Beauty/dp/0986342904/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424543823&sr=8-1&keywords=franziska+spritzler

Cheers

Paul Smile

Many thanks for putting the correct Amazon link  sunny

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Mar 22 2015, 19:45

I'm all for supporting friends ....... and any Health Care Professionals, who do support the LCHF lifestyle. Of course Franziska Spritzler, RD, CDE, is one of them. She is a strong proponent of carbohydrate restriction for people struggling with weight and blood glucose issues. In addition to working in private practice, she is a freelance writer whose articles about low-carbohydrate diets have been published online and in diabetes journals and magazines, including the American Diabetes Association's Diabetes Spectrum. She is also the creator of this great website http://www.lowcarbdietitian.com/blog

This Tuesday 24th March she will be in conversation with Jimmy Moore here http://livinlavidalowcarb.com/blog/ it's certainly in my diary please put it in yours ..... thanks

All the best Jan
    LowCarbDietitian
    LowCarbDietitian

Female Posts : 12

The Low Carb Dietitian's Guide to Health and Beauty by Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator Franziska Spritzler Empty Thank you :)

Post by LowCarbDietitian Sun Mar 22 2015, 21:41

Thanks so much, Jan. Appreciate your very kind words and continued support Smile

Warm regards,

Franziska
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Mar 24 2015, 18:10

We do not usually promote any product or service but Franziska is a friend of ours and so is Jimmy. We have met Franziska and she is just as she is on her new book cover, and is a truly charming and very knowledgeable lady. Check out her latest podcast with Jimmy Moore here. http://livinlavidalowcarb.com/blog/the-llvlc-show-episode-938-franziska-spritzler-promotes-whole-food-low-carb-for-health-beauty/24517
    Sharon

Post by Sharon Tue Mar 24 2015, 20:42

thank you for giving the link . i will listen to this later .
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Mar 25 2015, 20:46

Well I thought it was a great podcast with some interesting points for all - I hope all who listened enjoyed it. Smile

http://livinlavidalowcarb.com/blog/the-llvlc-show-episode-938-franziska-spritzler-promotes-whole-food-low-carb-for-health-beauty/24517

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19 2024, 03:06