THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+17
Sharon
zand
Eddie
graham64
Bebo321
Scandichic
Mrs Vimes
cold ethyl
Bluetit
Xyz
Indy51
Paul1976
Loobles
Jan1
Andy12345
sanguine
mo1905
21 posters

How do you keep fit ? Or don't you ?

chris c
    chris c

How do you keep fit ? Or don't you ? - Page 4 Empty Re: How do you keep fit ? Or don't you ?

Post by chris c Sun Sep 06 2015, 18:56

EVENTUALLY after a miserably dull morning, the sun came out so I went for a walk along the estuary. Met some friends I hadn't seen for a long time, and some people I'd never met before. Lots of birds but nothing rare.

Came back and glared at the lawn but that didn't make it any shorter. Maybe tomorrow I can get the shredder and the mower out. Most of my exercise consists of practical stuff.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

How do you keep fit ? Or don't you ? - Page 4 Empty Re: How do you keep fit ? Or don't you ?

Post by mo1905 Mon Sep 07 2015, 09:59

I guess the best sort of exercise is "practical stuff" @chris c, double the benefit eh :-)
    Baruney
    Baruney

Male Posts : 167

Post by Baruney Mon Sep 07 2015, 10:39

How do you keep fit ? Or don't you ? - Page 4 Img_2013

Nope - us apathetic, self ruined, crisp muching T2s don't exercise at all - we wait for are limbs are cut off so we can fast track to the para olympics. And the only reason why we would want to do that is because they have the largest Mcdonald in the country at the atheletes village - obviously.
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Mon Sep 07 2015, 10:51

Yum 'Apathy and crisps' - is that a new flavour?

'Self ruined health' ?!! Words fail me.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Mon Sep 07 2015, 11:29

Baruney wrote:How do you keep fit ? Or don't you ? - Page 4 Img_2013

Nope - us apathetic, self ruined, crisp muching T2s don't exercise at all - we wait for are limbs are cut off so we can fast track to the para olympics. And the only reason why we would want to do that is because they have the largest Mcdonald in the country at the atheletes village - obviously.

Scary, but accurate !
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Mon Sep 07 2015, 11:33

But only accurate because no-one will tell the masses that carbs are bad. grrrrr. When the eat well plate fails to work, it's easy enough to give up and eat what you like. When a diet/eating plan actually works it's easy to stick to it.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Mon Sep 07 2015, 13:18

Opening bottles of wine and working the TV remote control, I've got a right arm like Popeye.

How do you keep fit ? Or don't you ? - Page 4 Popeye
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Mon Sep 07 2015, 14:17

Eddie wrote:Opening bottles of wine and working the TV remote control, I've got a right arm like Popeye.

How do you keep fit ? Or don't you ? - Page 4 Popeye

I hope the Kellogg's hasn't helped too ;-)
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Mon Sep 07 2015, 14:42

Oh my word, you lot get worse.  Suddenly I don't feel that well again.  Shocked pale
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Sep 07 2015, 15:37

zand wrote:Oh my word, you lot get worse.  Suddenly I don't feel that well again.  Shocked pale

When I posted up my keep fit regime I said to Jan, who will take the mic first Paul or Mo. The fact is, as posted on this forum earlier, Mr.Kellogg invented cornflakes to stop people masturbating fact. I have not ate cornflakes in seven years, draw your own conclusions, but never forget 'cause and effect' does not always follow through. affraid
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Mon Sep 07 2015, 15:52

lol I've always hated cornflakes.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Mon Sep 07 2015, 19:40

mo1905 wrote:I guess the best sort of exercise is "practical stuff" @chris c, double the benefit eh :-)
    Exactly - although I know of more than one patient who was told by Nurse Rachet that walking, gardening and housework "aren't exercise" or that exercise means going to the gym.

Today I have been mostly pulling stuff up, cutting stuff down and feeding it through the shredder.

Then I got half the lawn mown, which took time and effort as it's about a foot high and as thick as Sid Bonkers.

I had to stop as one of the neighbours was cooking with a door/window open and the smell of onions made me too hungry to continue.

Tomorrow I'll probably drive to the Co-Op, walk down and around the town shops and finish the lawn - with a nose clip.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Tue Sep 08 2015, 22:33

Semi-epic fail today. I drove downtown and walked round the shops, I'll do the Co-Op tomorrow. Then I went out into the country and walked up a hill, along a farm track, down a different hill so I didn't get bored, and back over some fields. It was so gloomy and cold I couldn't be arsed to do the rest of the lawn so I ate half an avocado and two crevettes and retired to bed for a late siesta.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Tue Sep 08 2015, 23:22

The last couple of days after a chilly start have been sunny and warm, the forecast for the rest of the week is the same but a change for the worse is expected by weekend  Crying or Very sad

Going to spend some time in the garden preparing for winter, shrubs need cutting back, block paving path needs clearing of moss and sheds need a coat of paint.  Leaving the bedding plants in for now as the bees are still active Very Happy as are the wasps  Mad
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Sep 09 2015, 19:45

Preparing for winter, didn't do much of that last year, I still had roses and all sorts flowering away past Christmas and into January. Then I had a manic thrash just before everything burst back into life again.

Epic fail day two on the lawn, after I'd been shopping I thought I'd just call in at the nature reserve and have a walk round. I spent so much time there I didn't leave time for the mowing. So today's not-exercise was yet more walking.

Oh and watching one of these guys which about tired me out.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Sep 11 2015, 18:28

OK, the lawn got finished yesterday, and the first half I cut the other day grew back so fast it needed cutting AGAIN. I only have one of these and I really needed one of these

Today I raked up all the thatch and started pulling out the weeds and wildflowers that have grown back in the spaces left by pulling out/cutting down the first set of stuff that was over.

Gardening can be good as you can select the jobs you feel like doing a lot of the time and adjust  your workload accordingly. However the recent weather has had other plans, after the next batch of rain I predict the lawn will need cutting AGAIN, and a whole lot more stuff will have regrown.

I like to finish up with a brief walk to stretch out my muscles. As they say about ageing, what was once flexible gets stiff, and the oher way round.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Wed Dec 30 2015, 19:06

Can you believe it will be 31st December tomorrow and we will soon be saying 'goodbye to 2015' and welcoming in the New Year.

Already the 'lose weight' companies have started their TV campaigns and many Leisure / Fitness Centres are advertising their Get Fit / Keep Fit classes ... which is all well and good, but they do not come cheap!

Me, I think I will stick with my walks ... others it may be gardening. The important thing is to do our best to keep as fit as we can Smile

Of course the grandchildren enjoy swimming, walking, running, ballet, gym, judo, street dance ...
    I get quite tired just typing the list of different activities on offer, and what they enjoy Smile

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Dec 30 2015, 21:26

Well that's the point, eat the most profitable foods, then you will need to do the most profitable exercise to get rid of the side effects.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Feb 25 2016, 12:24

Keeping fit and as healthy as we can is important ... isn't this 100yr old lady amazing!

How do you keep fit ? Or don't you ? - Page 4 O-100YEAROLD-YOGI-570

A 100-year-old great grandmother is still a picture of health thanks to over 30 years of dedication to yoga.

Jean Dawson, from Cottingley, West Yorkshire, has been bending and twisting her body almost every single week for the past three decades.

"I must have good genes," explained Dawson, who has five grandchildren and two great grand children.

"I really enjoy doing yoga. It has really changed my life and has helped cure aches and pains. I use to have trouble from a slipped disc in my back but doing yoga really helped me cope with it."

Read more here
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/02/24/100-year-old-jean-dawson-practises-yoga_n_9304604.html
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Thu Feb 25 2016, 18:34

I sure need to start doing some Embarassed
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Thu Feb 25 2016, 18:34

I don't think I could do what she's doing now, takes some abs does that
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Feb 25 2016, 18:40

I'm pleased I can still bend down and touch my toes with straight legs LOL!

Yoga and Pilates are two popular forms of 'keep fit', but however we keep fit (or not...) it's our decision and it's always best to choose something that we enjoy. Smile

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Thu Feb 25 2016, 22:39

After a period of inactivity due to the crap weather I'm now able to enjoy a few pleasant walks thanks to winter sunshine that has been around for most of this week  sunny
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Fri Feb 26 2016, 13:09

Arthur Dunger has been my fitness guru for years, top geezer for sure.  thumb-up

graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Fri Feb 26 2016, 21:17

Best not to overdo the exercise it might not be as healthy as we think Shocked 

High levels of intense exercise may be unhealthy for the heart

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/307054.php

Think I will change my brisk walks to a more leisurely pace and spend a bit more time at the local watering hole en route  beer

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 02:49