THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+17
Sharon
zand
Eddie
graham64
Bebo321
Scandichic
Mrs Vimes
cold ethyl
Bluetit
Xyz
Indy51
Paul1976
Loobles
Jan1
Andy12345
sanguine
mo1905
21 posters

How do you keep fit ? Or don't you ?

How do you keep fit ? Or don't you ? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do you keep fit ? Or don't you ?

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19 2014, 13:40

Scandichic wrote:
    Dianaseaside I think you might be familiar? pirat 

Yes, 'tis moi! You can run but you can't hide...... Laughing 
    Bebo321
    Bebo321

Female Posts : 0

How do you keep fit ? Or don't you ? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do you keep fit ? Or don't you ?

Post by Bebo321 Tue Aug 19 2014, 17:27

mo1905 wrote:I have a Concept 2 rower at home which I use regularly. It's a fantastic, very low impact, varied workout. I have been rowing regularly for about 4 years now and have competed in the British Championships in Manchester twice ( 2 bronze medals ) and the Irish Championships in Limerick ( bronze ). The machines are not cheap but they are of professional standard. GB Rowing use them for much of their training. Here is the machine:
    How do you keep fit ? Or don't you ? - Page 3 Img_0911

I also held a World Record for a few years ( recently broken by USA but still hold British Record ). At a charity event in 2012, myself and a fellow rower rowed non-stop for 50hrs. It was absolute hell.

How do you keep fit ? Or don't you ? - Page 3 Img_0912

It took me months to get over that, not something I would recommend. So, what's your story ? Running ? Cycling ? Walking or watching TV ? Please share your stories :-)

Mo, you're a legend!
    Bebo321
    Bebo321

Post by Bebo321 Tue Aug 19 2014, 17:35

mo1905 wrote:
    Andy12345 wrote:i am fairly new to exercise, in fact i started on february 10th 2013 the day after diagnosis, before then apart from a physical job i avoided any and all forms of exercise, i have become a very keen runner (plodder) i have this year run (plodded) the london marathon and am currently trying cycling (easier on the joints) so if anyone has any exercise questions especially running or cycling, please ask away and ill be very happy to try and help out (with my limited experience) i think if your able exercise, it is a huge weapon in our arsenals for bg control, i also believe in doing whatever we are able, be that running across alaska to doing arm or leg lifts sitting in an armchair, its all great and all relative to our capabilities, the important thing is to push ourselves beyond our physical comfort zones, i have seen a disabled child take 10 steps with incredible and inspiring courage putting in more effort than a marathon runner, so please, do whatever you can and reep the benefits

C'mon Andy ! You should be shouting this from the rooftops mate ! You went from self confessed couch potato to running for over 26 miles !!!! You also raised a lot of money for kids along the way !
    Totally agree though, whatever exercise it is, how little or how much, will have a positive affect on general health and BG levels.

Here here! Andy get your light out from under that bushel. Your story is inspiring and I want a signed autograph.
    Bebo321
    Bebo321

Post by Bebo321 Tue Aug 19 2014, 17:38

mo1905 wrote:Can anyone do the butterfly ? Whenever I see it on TV, I always wish I could do it. Whenever I'm on hole or something and the pool is fairly quiet, I always try to do it. I end up looking like a large fish that has just been hooked lol !

I look great for the first three 'strokes', then the fact that I'm gradually sinking and not actually moving forward kind of detracts.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Tue Aug 19 2014, 19:36

Bebo321 wrote:
    mo1905 wrote:Can anyone do the butterfly ? Whenever I see it on TV, I always wish I could do it. Whenever I'm on hole or something and the pool is fairly quiet, I always try to do it. I end up looking like a large fish that has just been hooked lol !

I look great for the first three 'strokes', then the fact that I'm gradually sinking and not actually moving forward kind of detracts.

lol, its not me thats inspiring, its you and team bg, im not worthy, you guys are simply awesome
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Tue Aug 19 2014, 19:37

ok my multi quoting still needs some work lol
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Fri Sep 05 2014, 21:34

......getting back on the 'Keep Fit' theme.

I like walking, and swimming is good too, but these days when I do go swimming I always do my style of breast stroke ..... I get by ok.  Smile

One of the grand children was back at swimming lessons earlier today - he just loves it, and it's good to see.

How about you - your children - or grandchildren.  flower

Have you kept fit today ?

All the best Jan
    cold ethyl

Post by cold ethyl Fri Sep 05 2014, 21:56

Did my 45 minutes on exercise bike. Think I need some proper gym gear as I worked up far too much of a sweat in my woolly tights, skirt and jumper!
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Fri Sep 05 2014, 21:58

Jan1 wrote:......getting back on the 'Keep Fit' theme.

I like walking, and swimming is good too, but these days when I do go swimming I always do my style of breast stroke ..... I get by ok.  Smile

One of the grand children was back at swimming lessons earlier today - he just loves it, and it's good to see.

All the best Jan

Walking when I get time, I've had three grandchildren to look after on a rota basis over the school holidays, term started on Wednesday cheers

Today I have been mainly re-felting my shed roof: Shocked
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Sep 05 2014, 22:13

cold ethyl wrote:Did my 45 minutes on exercise bike. Think I need some proper gym gear as I worked up far too much of a sweat in my woolly tights, skirt and jumper!

I think you do great on that bike of yours ....

Gym gear, style, price, colour....... a few years back now when I did go to the gym, I owned and wore a smart looking pink, grey and black outfit. Even my ankle socks / legging things were pink. As for the price of some trainers !!!!!

Glad to know that at least when the grand children went back to school those under 8yr took plimsolls in - a little cheaper than some of the trainers.

Anyway - weather is set fine tomorrow so a walk may be the order of the day sunny

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Sep 05 2014, 22:15

graham64 wrote:
    Jan1 wrote:......getting back on the 'Keep Fit' theme.

All the best Jan

Walking when I get time, I've had three grandchildren to look after on a rota basis over the school holidays, term started on Wednesday  cheers

Today I have been mainly re-felting my shed roof: Shocked

.....And those of us that can look after the grand-children are a big help to the family. That in itself keeps us fit. sunny

All the best Jan
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Fri Sep 05 2014, 22:17

got the concrete down today for my gym to be in the garden.... yay, now the fun bit, if i can ever work out how to post pics ill show ya lol
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Sep 05 2014, 22:33

Andy12345 wrote:got the concrete down today for my gym to be in the garden.... yay, now the fun bit, if i can ever work out how to post pics ill show ya lol

Well done you ....let's face it doing that is good exercise in itself.

Look forward to seeing some pictures sunny

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Sep 17 2014, 21:07

Jan1 wrote:
    Andy12345 wrote:got the concrete down today for my gym to be in the garden.... yay, now the fun bit, if i can ever work out how to post pics ill show ya lol

Well done you ....let's face it doing that is good exercise in itself.

Look forward to seeing some pictures sunny

All the best Jan

........well it's now the 17th September and the weather today was lovely. Enjoyed the scene at a village common fairly near to us. The trees looked fabulous wearing their Autumn Shades of leaves .....very peaceful. (Should have taken some pictures!)

How is the 'garden gym' going Andy?

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Jan 25 2015, 14:48

.....wasn't sure where to post this!

Whether you are more into keep fit - or slightly less into keep fit movement is key.

But how about this for a 'Keep Fit' inspired Birthday Party Idea ...... your own definition of 'The Highland Games' complete with welly throwing, garden Frisbee etc. All you need is a garden, some good chill but sunny weather and a great bunch of friends to enjoy it with. After the outdoor fun enjoy some homemade soup, bangers and mash (swede of course) with onion gravy. What a great birthday party or any party idea flower sunny

Have you, family or friends had any fun 'keep fit' type birthdays ?  

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Apr 07 2015, 13:58

Well the past few days the weather has certainly brightened up ..... which may make it easier for us all to try to keep that bit fitter ?

After all we could do a little gardening, go for a walk ......... I'm all for walking. Have you any ideas to keep fitter this Spring ?   sunny

How do you keep fit ? Or don't you ? - Page 3 Walk%2Bin%2Bpark

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Wed Apr 08 2015, 09:09

Gonna be a great week ! Dust off those trainers, bikes, walking shoes or whatever ! Just get out there and enjoy Spring :-)
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Wed Apr 08 2015, 09:36

I mainly keep fit by opening bottles of wine, that being said, I did sprain my wrist over the Christmas holidays. freakout
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Wed Apr 08 2015, 09:38

mo1905 wrote:Gonna be a great week ! Dust off those trainers, bikes, walking shoes or whatever ! Just get out there and enjoy Spring :-)

Spring?? It's too warm for me already! I'm going to have to rest now till Autumn. Shocked
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Wed Apr 08 2015, 10:26

More complete mentalness but with a serious message.

mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Wed Apr 08 2015, 14:15

Brilliant ! That's how you get the message across ! It's funny but when I see a pic of someone I always imagine how they might sound and I never guessed you would sound like that :-)
    Very Jason Statham mate ! Gangsta innit !
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Wed Apr 08 2015, 22:38

Now we have some decent weather albeit till the weekend I like to potter about in the garden, but due to the school holidays and having three kids plus friends to look after bitenails I'm restricted to two days gardening this week tomorrow and Friday.

Spent three hours at a play park  Shocked  today at least the kids enjoyed  Cool
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Apr 23 2015, 15:56

I loved the look of the play park Graham went to recently...see above.

But with exercise and diet etc being quite a lot in the news today - and the weather being so nice, perhaps I should have an extra walk?

I did have the opportunity of having fun with the grandchildren at a park similar to the one in the picture below. It's just good to be outdoors sometimes isn't it!

How do you keep fit ? Or don't you ? - Page 3 9k=

Have you visited a nice park or had a good walk somewhere recently.

All the best Jan
    Sharon

Post by Sharon Thu Apr 23 2015, 19:31

i went to kew gardens last year with friends . it was a good visit . if you are near there it is worth a visit . you do have to pay admission price .
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Sep 06 2015, 18:44

How do you keep fit ? Or don't you ? - Page 3 Arnot-hill-walk-in-the-park

More sun today - did anyone enjoy a walk in the park?

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 07:25