THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+6
Dillinger
zand
AliB
Paul1976
EvenMoreHeathen
Eddie
10 posters

What diet do you want god to give you?

EvenMoreHeathen
    EvenMoreHeathen

What diet do you want god to give you? - Page 3 Empty Re: What diet do you want god to give you?

Post by EvenMoreHeathen Sun Sep 21 2014, 00:59

Sorry, this is getting a tad preachy to me, and I'm not comfortable with that. Objective discussion is fine, but conversion tactics are not.

"Maybe you haven't found it either because you aren't really that committed, or because you've been looking in the wrong place...."

How very misguided of us that choose "the wrong place " Rolling Eyes
    That is religious bigotry at its best. Rolling Eyes

I choose to ignore this thread.

Signy
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

What diet do you want god to give you? - Page 3 Empty Re: What diet do you want god to give you?

Post by Jan1 Sun Sep 21 2014, 01:00

Late night sitting and reading for me !

I've been reading through a lot of the posts and views on this thread, which perhaps wasn't a good idea because I will now spend a lot of the time thinking on what has been said, and as it's such a wide subject area with many differing views and opinions it deserves thought and care. It is of course a subject that always has and always will stir different ideas and views. For some it goes beyond having views and discussion it leads to things far worse. The world is not in a good place at the moment but looking back in time when has it? We can do our best to make our place and surroundings happy, peaceful and conducive to living as well as we can and in harmony with each other.

For me, Man/womankind has the choice to build or destroy. I believe in good over bad, some would say naively so. We are also given a choice to help others, I have always tried to do this to the best of my ability.

At this present time all people need to seriously consider the situation if not for ourselves then for our children and our children's children, many aspects of life need to be improved and not destroyed. Whether it be God, a creator, a powerful being or just the strong will of the people to survive ......will the power of good overcome? I certainly hope so, and in my small part of the world I will do my best to cherish and help others.

All the best Jan
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Sun Sep 21 2014, 11:10

Hey folks this thread seems to be getting a bit heated, that's cool with me, because I hate censorship. In many ways censorship is the reason for the lamentable state of diabetes care all around the world. Big pharma hides the truth about their drugs and junk food hides the truth about their foods.

I want anyone to say whatever they want on the forum, if it is legal post it. Religion has been the biggest topic of argument and debate for thousands of years, it will ever be thus. As far as argument goes I am bullet proof, but others are not. We have seen the divide an conquer games played in the media re us diabetics and on the other forum, let's not let it happen here.

Let's stick together, and if you can't keep it civil, don't post on a thread, start a new thread, talk about anything you like. We are all in the same boat here, we are all diabetics, all low carbers, and all controlling our diabetes, we owe it to others to promote what has been our salvation, we don't need putting straight, but millions of others do. Always remember, we fight for the diabetics who have been mislead, the diabetics who have very poor control, the diabetics who will go to an early grave but for our help. We can and have put years on other diabetics lives, arguing amongst ourselves helps big pharma, junk food and those on other forums and other places, with an agenda that I have never understood, and probably never will.

So, get posting your recipes and food ideas, any items of interest in the media, your good news stories, bad news stories, but whatever happens stick together. You know it makes sense, why fight it !

Peace to all here.

Eddie
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Sun Sep 21 2014, 11:17

lol what are you saying Eddie? can you make your point more understandable for moron please?

put into words that you spell out with blocks containing letters on each side and ive got a chance
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sun Sep 21 2014, 11:31

Andy what are we here for, why did you run a marathon and raise two grand for disadvantaged kids ?

HELPING OTHERS is that plain enough ?

Eddie
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Sun Sep 21 2014, 11:33

Andy .....you are not a moron.

Eddie are you saying we can or can't argue about/discuss religion? It doesn't necessarily have to be divisive and let's face it it's just about the only thing we don't agree on in here. Except maybe which is the best football team.......
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sun Sep 21 2014, 11:38

I don't have a problem with religion being discussed, but not to push one's own ideas on someone else. Those that are not into the religious thing, there are lots of other things to look at. We'll monitor this thread and see how it progresses.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sun Sep 21 2014, 11:44

Zand Andy is a moron, I have spoke to him on the phone, sorry Andy I could't resist it. lol!

OK he is anything but. It takes talent to play the Emperor Claudius game. ya folla ?

Eddie
    JohnWilson

Post by JohnWilson Sun Sep 21 2014, 11:45

Paul, like Signy I should have simply said that I was going to ignore the thread. I have been a diabetic with non-diabetic blood glucose levels for nearly 7 years and not going to quit publicising the low carb lifestyle. We need guys like you putting the hours in to keep the forum together and reach a wider audience. In addition I will promise no more mathematician jokes (fingers crossed).

John
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sun Sep 21 2014, 11:50

"I will promise no more mathematician jokes"

Andy can't understand your jokes, I can and I reckon they are shite. affraid

Eddie
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sun Sep 21 2014, 11:57

Sure can't let religion divide us,we've got important future work to do here,newbies to help and some butts to kick!

LETS KICK SOME BUTT(Just not each others)! Very Happy
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sun Sep 21 2014, 12:02

lol i just like Zand telling me im not a moron, its a fetish thing

what i meant was i couldnt understand if you meant that the thread was good because its not being censored, or that you are censering it whilst saying censorship was bad, or just saying be nice to eachother or what

how many possibilities on how to spell sencership

and i still dont know who that king dude is, but sounds like me

and no i definately dont get the maths jokes, im pretty sure they arent maths jokes just clever words about maths because maths is my strong point, as long as the numbers dont go above 501
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sun Sep 21 2014, 12:08

personally i love talking about religeon, im band at home or if we are in company, so this is all good far as im concerned, i find it fascinating listening to ali, id love to get what people see in it
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sun Sep 21 2014, 12:18

Doesn't bother me either way but religion and politics is NEARLY as dangerous as discussing low carbing on some forums !
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sun Sep 21 2014, 12:19

personally id love you hear about zion and the rastafarian Mo, what motivates you to smoke that erb
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sun Sep 21 2014, 12:20

Andy12345 wrote:personally id love you hear about zion and the rastafarian Mo, what motivates you to smoke that erb

God made me do it !
    AliB
    AliB

Female Posts : 377

Post by AliB Sun Sep 21 2014, 15:25

Oh, I see you've all been hard at work since I've been gone.

No intention to preach intended, just reasoning.

Ya gotta want to find the answers in the first place. I had too many unanswered questions only answered when I learned what the actual point of the Bible is.

If you're not interested, you're not interested. There are plenty of other threads out there...

PS. Zand, it was Luke 6:32-34, the bit that follows the Golden Rule.
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sun Sep 21 2014, 15:31

Ah yes, just read it, I didn't know that one. Thanks Smile
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sun Sep 21 2014, 15:40

Ali

You know I have followed you for years, It was me that contacted you and asked you to join the ETYM forum. Idiots with closed ears caused you to leave that forum, and I remember emailing you with an apology for the grief others had given you. I emailed you to join here, I know what you believe and I know that you hold strong views on various subjects. You post whenever you like, on whatever you like, there will never be any ganging up on, or railroading of members in this place, I promise you.

Regards Eddie
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sun Sep 21 2014, 15:43

Good, does that mean Ali and I can have a discussion about our different views on God, if we both want it?
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Sep 21 2014, 15:50

zand wrote:Good, does that mean Ali and I can have a discussion about our different views on God, if we both want it?

Of course! Smile Censorship sucks and even though raw nerves(including mine) may be touched sometimes on certain subjects,it doesn't mean only certain subjects are allowed to be discussed- if it's legal as Eddie says then fire away-I'll only ever edit the real nutters out there like Jona and the 'Pot Noodle' fella or genuine spammers.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sun Sep 21 2014, 15:50

zand wrote:Good, does that mean Ali and I can have a discussion about our different views on God, if we both want it?

I thought I was a reasonable communicator, obviously not. This is a discussion forum not a gulag, the members ARE the forum and the members post whatever they like on whatever they like FULL STOP ! Just keep it legal and remember kids may read this forum.

Thank you

Eddie
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Sep 21 2014, 15:57

eddie1 wrote:Ali

You know I have followed you for years, It was me that contacted you and asked you to join the ETYM forum. Idiots with closed ears caused you to leave that forum, and I remember emailing you with an apology for the grief others had given you. I emailed you to join here, I know what you believe and I know that you hold strong views on various subjects. You post whenever you like, on whatever you like, there will never be any ganging up on, or railroading of members in this place, I promise you.

Regards Eddie

I remember when Ali's posts were moderated on the ETYM forum and thinking to myself "Crikey,I may not agree with everything Ali has to say but deleting her posts FFS???" That was the beginning of the end in my book-not what we thought we were signing up for at all when the so called 'Free speech' forum was set up after the members were banned from DCUK.
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sun Sep 21 2014, 16:02

eddie1 wrote:

I thought I was a reasonable communicator, obviously not. This is a discussion forum not a gulag, the members ARE the forum and the members post whatever they like on whatever they like FULL STOP ! Just keep it legal and remember kids may read this forum.

Thank you

Eddie

Sorry Eddie, I was so busy telling Andy that he's not a moron(again) and now I'm a moron.
    AliB
    AliB

Female Posts : 377

Post by AliB Sun Sep 21 2014, 16:03

Thanks Eddie. I don't mind debate or difference of opinion, in fact I welcome it. However, I won't allow myself to be drawn into a slanging match. I like to hang on to my dignity and peace of mind. :0)

I know religion can be a hot-bed of differences, but when applied properly, for many it is a comfort. Others had the generosity to share this great hope for the future with me, so it's only right I pass it on. If you found the cure for cancer, would you keep it to yourself? I firmly believe this is the cure for everything.

There is so little to hope for in this World. No Government on Earth could fulfil the promise of no more sickness, old age, or death. Of a beautiful restored Earth. Of not just no more pollution, but the removal of all the existing pollution, damage and decay. But God's Kingdom will, and so much more.

Humans cause so much damage, damage they will never be able to undo. This is our home. Damage it and they damage us. Kill it and they kill us. But God has promised he won't let that happen.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 04:09