THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+6
Dillinger
zand
AliB
Paul1976
EvenMoreHeathen
Eddie
10 posters

What diet do you want god to give you?

zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

What diet do you want god to give you? - Page 5 Empty Re: What diet do you want god to give you?

Post by zand Mon Sep 22 2014, 15:56

lol Andy have a little rest now and give Ali time to answer you. Smile I would try but Ali's answers will be better than mine.
    AliB
    AliB

Female Posts : 377

What diet do you want god to give you? - Page 5 Empty Re: What diet do you want god to give you?

Post by AliB Mon Sep 22 2014, 16:08

Sorry Andy, I will come back to you in a minute....

Ok Mo, let me try and use scripture to answer this.

Proverbs 8:14 actually says, 'the fear of God means the hating of bad'.  
    Psalms 111:10 states 'the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom'.
    1 John 4:18 points out that there is 'no fear in love'.

When you understand the depth of God's love for us, you come to understand that this isn't fear in the sense that we understand it now, but has a much deeper meaning.

I am not frightened of God, but out of respect I have a fear of displeasing him.  I want to do things that please him because he is real to me.  

Just like you have to believe in other things you can't see like electricity, or the wind, due to their effects, it is this beautiful earth including the wonder of electricity, and the wind, etc. that gives me proof of his existence.  Not only that, but the Biblical prophecies that have been and still are being fulfilled right now, also tell me that both He and His word are alive.

I want to be a part of His Kingdom.  All he asks is that I do my part to be the kind of person He wants to include in it.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Mon Sep 22 2014, 16:21

AliB wrote:Sorry Andy, I will come back to you in a minute....

Ok Mo, let me try and use scripture to answer this.

Proverbs 8:14 actually says, 'the fear of God means the hating of bad'.  
    Psalms 111:10 states 'the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom'.
    1 John 4:18 points out that there is 'no fear in love'.

When you understand the depth of God's love for us, you come to understand that this isn't fear in the sense that we understand it now, but has a much deeper meaning.

I am not frightened of God, but out of respect I have a fear of displeasing him.  I want to do things that please him because he is real to me.  

Just like you have to believe in other things you can't see like electricity, or the wind, due to their effects, it is this beautiful earth including the wonder of electricity, and the wind, etc. that gives me proof of his existence.  Not only that, but the Biblical prophecies that have been and still are being fulfilled right now, also tell me that both He and His word are alive.

I want to be a part of His Kingdom.  All he asks is that I do my part to be the kind of person He wants to include in it.

sorry to jump in on Mos answer lol but the electricity and the wind aren't a good example, I've heard this before and given it some thought, if a believer in electricity touches the wire they die or get a bolt at least, now if a non believer touches the wire they also get the same effect, the wind is also tangible, we with own own eyes and without the aid of having faith can see the trees regardless of what we believe
    AliB
    AliB

Post by AliB Mon Sep 22 2014, 16:57

Hmm. Lots of questions in that one.

Jesus said, 'by their fruitage you will know them' (his true disciples).

When a religion does things that even someone who has no faith in God has to question, does that not suggest something is missing somewhere?

Proverbs 21:2 says 'Every way of a man is upright in his own eyes, but God is making an estimate of hearts'. The benchmark is not what any human or religion thinks is right. God determines what is right. It's all there in the scriptures. The 10 commandments turned into principles by Jesus. 'You must not' turned into 'do unto others as you would want others to do to you'.

These benchmarks apply across the board. A religion can't pick and choose which ones they will follow. If all religions promoted love for fellow humans, there would be no war....

Repentance has to come from the heart. Why should anyone be punished indefinitely for something they deeply regret doing and now abhor? It doesn't matter whether it is paedophilia, murder, theft, adultery, or whatever. Only God really knows the heart and whether the repentance is genuine or not.

Whilst I wouldn't instigate any 'attack', there is nothing in the Bible to suggest I couldn't take reasonable steps to defend myself or my family where necessary.

But I have no fear of death. I believe in the resurrection. Jesus brought several people back to life on earth as just a sample of what he will do in the Kingdom, so I wouldn't be gone forever......

AliB
    AliB

Post by AliB Mon Sep 22 2014, 17:00

We're all believers in electricity Andy.  Anyone who uses it believes it works.  I was using that as an illustration of like we can't see electricity, we can't see God.  But we can experience the effects.  Those that don't believe in God because they can't see him, can't see electricity either.

You can't see air, but without it you'd die.....

We can't see God, but without Him, we're dying.....
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Mon Sep 22 2014, 18:03

How about this for theory, If some men had never written the Bible, no one would have ever heard of God. Makes you think eh.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Mon Sep 22 2014, 18:22

"Jesus said, 'by their fruitage you will know them' (his true disciples)"

huh? this is the problem i have with scripture, i assume by this they mean you will know who is a true disciple of god because they will do good and godlike stuff? how could you really know that if you came across a person who wasnt a deciple that was working part time in a charity shop then went home to care for death rabbits?

""When a religion does things that even someone who has no faith in God has to question, does that not suggest something is missing somewhere?""

i have never heard a religion that i havent had to question, what would you think is missing there? is the thing thats missing in me?

""Proverbs 21:2 says 'Every way of a man is upright in his own eyes, but God is making an estimate of hearts'. The benchmark is not what any human or religion thinks is right. God determines what is right. It's all there in the scriptures. The 10 commandments turned into principles by Jesus. 'You must not' turned into 'do unto others as you would want others to do to you'.""

but by giving us free will, i assume he expected some people to never believe in him? in which case they are doomed? so from adam eating the apple he doomed many folks to hell or not heaven if you like, why did he not give us the decision of what was right, if we cannot make the decision of what right and wrong, how can we decide if god is right or not? how can we decide if anything at all is right or wrong if we cannot make the decision? do you entertain the possibility that the scriptures may be wrong, they were written by man, i seem to remember that some were written 500 years after jesus died (or didnt) do you accept that one single word may have been misquoted? if one single word in the whole bible may have been wrong or passed down through the generations not completely accurate why couldnt half of it been?

""These benchmarks apply across the board. A religion can't pick and choose which ones they will follow. If all religions promoted love for fellow humans, there would be no war....""

but religions do indeed pick and choose, all religions as far as i can tell, with interpretation you choose, people that start wars do so in the name of peace, to prevent war (apparently) im sure they would have said they were doing it out of love when they marched across the world on the crusades, maybe a love for peoples souls that needed saving? could you not go to war to save your neighbour that you loved who was being opressed byt the their neighbour that they didnt?

""Repentance has to come from the heart. Why should anyone be punished indefinitely for something they deeply regret doing and now abhor? It doesn't matter whether it is paedophilia, murder, theft, adultery, or whatever. Only God really knows the heart and whether the repentance is genuine or not.""

""Whilst I wouldn't instigate any 'attack', there is nothing in the Bible to suggest I couldn't take reasonable steps to defend myself or my family where necessary.""

so "god forbid" my kid encountered a pedofile, how would you suggest i feel towards that person after 6 months in prison they decide and truely mean they are sorry? should i forgive them as god has? is everything forgiveable? would it be wrong to go to war over that? turn the other cheek? in the hope that one day god will either know they mean it or not? either way he will not punish them for what they did because he is not mean god and should not be feared? that gives license to evil people to do evil things if they are secure in the knowledge they wont be punished by a non existant god? or being religious would you advocate me seeking revenge? if revenge is the way to go, at what point do we draw the line? should we avenge someone for flicking a bogey at us? or is this stuff supposed to be worked out by us? is there guidance in the bible?

""But I have no fear of death. I believe in the resurrection. Jesus brought several people back to life on earth as just a sample of what he will do in the Kingdom, so I wouldn't be gone forever......""

i believe you do fear death or what will happen when you die, thats why you follow a religion, where as i have nothing to fear but the manner of my death and what i leave behind, death itself for an atheist can have no fear

AliB
    AliB

Post by AliB Mon Sep 22 2014, 18:28

If you view, as I do, that the Bible is God's letter to mankind, then don't you think He would make sure we got it? It's been banned, burned and decimated, yet it is still the most widely distributed book in the World, and there are few that don't have access to it somehow.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Mon Sep 22 2014, 18:39

so you reckon it is exactly as he wrote it? not a single word misquoted?
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Mon Sep 22 2014, 18:43

i dont understand why he would send hes son down to suffer and die, when he could have floated down 50 foot tall and just tell us, wouldnt that make everyone believe and there would be harmony in the world? the way he wants it? if he could build the world, why wouldnt he be able to find a way to not have anyone go to hell, why not save all our souls? why make it so hard to find him for some? why not prove to people like me that hes there? id follow whatever he said if he came down in a white cloak and showed me your right and id also get into heaven with you, how hard could that be? i know im asking for oppinions but thats really what interests me, not scripture i dont have the brains to understand
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Mon Sep 22 2014, 18:52

Andy said

"i have nothing to fear but the manner of my death and what i leave behind, death itself for an atheist can have no fear"

That's exactly how I see it. I have no fear of death, only the manner. I have lived a great life and been dealt some great hands. I hope to welcome death like and old friend, because I will be tired and worn out. I have achieved all I wanted on a personal level, and received more than I deserved maybe. When the time comes I will make way for someone else on this crowded planet, who will hopefully do a better job than me. This is nature, all things must die, all things must pass, life goes on.

Eddie
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Mon Sep 22 2014, 18:53

Eddie you keep giving me songs for the music thread!
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Mon Sep 22 2014, 18:54

bugger that, im holding out for a pill that grows a new me from the inside out lol
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Mon Sep 22 2014, 18:57

Andy12345 wrote:bugger that, im holding out for a pill that grows a new me from the inside out lol

Oh big pharma are gonna love you!
    Dillinger
    Dillinger

Male Posts : 209

Post by Dillinger Mon Sep 22 2014, 19:02

Andy12345 wrote:how could you really know that if you came across a person who wasnt a deciple that was working part time in a charity shop then went home to care for death rabbits?

Andy, I think it's quite clear that people who get mixed up with Death Rabbits are probably up to no good...

Best

Dillinger
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Mon Sep 22 2014, 19:07

anyone else got the petie scene in there minds?

sorry deaf! Smile
    AliB
    AliB

Post by AliB Mon Sep 22 2014, 20:41

Jesus came as a ransom sacrifice. One perfect man, Adam, robbed humankind of perfect life,
    Jesus's perfect life bought it back.

You think you would believe if God Himself came down here? Really?

Despite fulfilling exactly all the events and actions that had been written about Jesus, and the religious leaders actually expecting the Messiah to be coming, God's son was ridiculed, spat on, flogged, and hung by the very people who should have known better.

They rejected him because they wanted a Messiah who would free them from Roman domination, but what they got was a man who showed them up for what they really were...

Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Mon Sep 22 2014, 20:46

but why so cryptic? why not a big hand to squash the romans or whatever, why not mke it easy for everyone to believe and enjoy what you have?
    AliB
    AliB

Post by AliB Mon Sep 22 2014, 20:50

I do actually give God credit Andy, to be able to make sure the Bible is accurate.

Yes, it was written by men, but under inspiration from God, just like you could get a secretary to type a letter for you. Getting humans to write it was no bad thing. They were humans writing to humans, they understand things from a human angle.

But that doesn't mean that it is wrong. I have known the Bible for 38 years and never have I found an error or a contradiction, or anything to make me doubt its accuracy.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Mon Sep 22 2014, 20:58

but men are not perfect and can make mistakes? did each person that wrote in it get a message directly from god in form of a vision or get the message from generations of story telling? im not doubting its a work of genius, im just trying to understand wht about it would make you believe in it so whole heartedly
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Mon Sep 22 2014, 21:03

AliB wrote:I do actually give God credit Andy, to be able to make sure the Bible is accurate.

Yes, it was written by men, but under inspiration from God, just like you could get a secretary to type a letter for you. Getting humans to write it was no bad thing. They were humans writing to humans, they understand things from a human angle.

But that doesn't mean that it is wrong. I have known the Bible for 38 years and never have I found an error or a contradiction, or anything to make me doubt its accuracy.

This is where you and I differ Ali - I do doubt its accuracy. I believe that Jesus means 'I Zeus' and I don't see how the son of a creator God would be called that. I believe the real name is Yashua, meaning God will save us. Now the same letters were translated in the old testament as Joshua, (because vowels were missed out) yet in the new they became Jesus.

Also how long was Yashua's ministry? Traditionally we are taught it was 3 years, because there were 3 Passovers. But there is more than one type of Passover, and there were 3 a year, so the Jews used to sacrifice a year old lamb to help atone for their sins and then Yashua whose ministry had only been a year long, became that year old lamb sacrifice. Of course the Jews rejected him anyway, even though they already had a 'shadow picture' of how it would be, they still didn't recognise him.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Mon Sep 22 2014, 21:11

Anyone remember the Rapture prediction in 2011? That did nothing for me but scare my autistic children half to death who heard about it all at school and we had to pick up the pieces...The Rapture sounded more like Genocide than a loving father to me! Rolling Eyes
    AliB
    AliB

Post by AliB Mon Sep 22 2014, 21:17

It's not God who has made it hard to find. It's all the other guff that has been planted around it that makes it hard to find, all the human philosophy, other religious dogma, clever ideas and distractions.

As far as interpretation is concerned, when humans put their own ideas on to scriptural meanings, there is always, like anything (including diet), differences of opinion. By letting the Bible interpret itself, there is no conflict. But that means having a very deep understanding of the Bible to start with.

For instance, the 'Lord's Prayer' in Matthew 6:9,10 has been plucked out of the Bible, and it is, or was until fairly recently, quoted parrot-fashion in virtually every school assembly in the UK for years. 'Ar farver in 'eaven, 'arold be thy name', blah, blah....

I nearly fell over when I read verse 7, which says 'do not say the same thing over and over again, as people of the nations do, thinking they will get a hearing for their use of many words'. So what Jesus had said not to do, they did. He goes on to say, 'you must pray then, this way....'

What he was outlining was a model prayer. He was not saying, say this prayer, he was giving an example of the right way to address God when we are talking to him, and some of the things we should be asking or thanking him for.

Because it was quoted parrot-fashion it meant nothing. In all those years of doing it, i never once stopped to wonder what it meant, and no one ever told me until I started to study the Bible myself.

There are many out there who have big opinions about the Bible, but how many of them have actually sat down and read Genesis to Revelation? That's like those people on Amazon who give one star to books they've not actually read, or those who condemn 'Wheat Belly' without actually ever trying it.....
    AliB
    AliB

Post by AliB Mon Sep 22 2014, 21:21

Yup, remember it well, Paul.

That's just 'boy cried wolf'.  Clever strategy.  Let's just throw more confusion in the ring....

when it does actually come, most will just assume it's yet another false prediction by yet another lot of crazy nutters.....

Yawn.....
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Mon Sep 22 2014, 21:30

........Well. looking back to the first page and the question of this topic "What diet do you want God to give you?"

Diet and lifestyle now in 2014 for some is good, or ok, for others not good and perhaps it's always been that way. But wouldn't it be good if there was enough good food to go around this world ....instead we have those that get a much larger slice of the cake (so to speak) and those that are starving.

Whilst many speak - there are also those that action and try to help others through charitable work, donations etc. Even in the UK the work of the food banks in these difficult times of recession has increased dramatically.

In my earlier years I ate a lot of processed foods, (didn't we all?) In recent years I live the low carb high fat lifestyle and eat whole fresh foods as opposed to processed and as a poster here said "the nearer the food is to its original form, the better it is for us. The closer we are to the earth, and live in harmony with the natural way, the healthier we are."

Thanks to all those who take time to grow the foods that I enjoy.

Farmers do not have an easy life and the supermarkets do not make their life easier either - but perhaps that's another story  Question  

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 08:06