THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

Worlds Largest LCHF Conference February 2105

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Worlds Largest LCHF Conference  February 2105 Empty Worlds Largest LCHF Conference February 2105

Post by Jan1 Fri Feb 20 2015, 17:35

Worlds Largest LCHF Conference  February 2105 B-J2YvEIEAA-KEs

It's certainly all happening out in Cape Town - courtesy of 'Diet Doctor' Andreas Eenfeldt and organiser Karen Thomson here is a picture of some well known LCHF faces. How many do you recognise?

Andreas has given us a few snippets of the event so far, so if you'd like to read more do go over to his blog

http://www.dietdoctor.com/

All the best Jan
    Indy51
    Indy51

Female Posts : 344

Worlds Largest LCHF Conference  February 2105 Empty Re: Worlds Largest LCHF Conference February 2105

Post by Indy51 Sat Feb 21 2015, 00:27

I guess I must be a LCHF groupie as I recognise a lot of them lol!

Clockwise from bottom left:

Christine Cronau
    Zoe Harcombe
    Gary Taubes
    Jeffrey Gerber
    Eric Westman
    Tim Noakes
    Aseem Malhotra
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    Jay Wortman
    Ann Childers
    Andreas Eenfeldt
    Stephen Phinney
    ? (I think it's the conference organiser)

Anyone able to identify the missing names?

A list of the speakers at the website: https://www.lowcarbhighfatexperts.com/speakers.html
    Avocado Sevenfold
    Avocado Sevenfold

Female Posts : 258

Worlds Largest LCHF Conference  February 2105 Empty Re: Worlds Largest LCHF Conference February 2105

Post by Avocado Sevenfold Sat Feb 21 2015, 09:13

Much as I admire Tim Knoakes, I have gone off him a bit since reading an interview in which he said that vegetarians should eat fish (by definition making them non-vegetarians) Crying or Very sad
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Sat Feb 21 2015, 10:47

Avocado Sevenfold wrote:Much as I admire Tim Knoakes, I have gone off him a bit since reading an interview in which he said that vegetarians should eat fish (by definition making them non-vegetarians) Crying or Very sad

What has always amazed me, is the fact many people rubbish the low carb higher fat lifestyle and reckon we are nutters, but think being a vegetarian is in some way sort of cool. affraid

Heading for the safe house. freakout
    Avocado Sevenfold
    Avocado Sevenfold

Female Posts : 258

Post by Avocado Sevenfold Sat Feb 21 2015, 12:12

I don't think being vegetarian is cool.  The fact that I am cool is purely coincidental sunny
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Sat Feb 21 2015, 12:38

i consider myself a vegetarian that eats meat, i am a vegetarian in my heart by not in my stomach
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Sat Feb 21 2015, 12:42

Andy12345 wrote:i consider myself a vegetarian that eats meat, i am a vegetarian in my heart by not in my stomach

Yeah, I'm a teetotaller that drinks wine and Jim Beams bourbon. wtf
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Feb 21 2015, 13:00

Have you got a minute ?

If you have take a look at this http://www.dietdoctor.com/video-from-the-lchf-conference

Great to see the 'buzz' that is LCHF sunny

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Feb 22 2015, 15:03

"There is no doubt that the LCHF conference in Cape Town has been a massive success. And this may just be the beginning. There are plans to take the conference to London in 2016 and to Washington D.C. in 2017!"

I've quoted Andreas  Eenfeldt the Diet Doctor here - wouldn't it be great to have a LCHF Conference in London ? Let’s hope that happens.

Link to Diet Doctor here:

http://www.dietdoctor.com/the-lchf-conference-could-come-to-london-and-washington-d-c

All the best Jan

flower
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Feb 24 2015, 14:09

I have been following the LCHF Conference news courtesy of Andreas and his team at Diet Doctor, although I know there will be plenty of news to come around the blogs and forums in the coming weeks.

One piece of very exciting news is this "One more piece of good news: The upcoming LCHF conference in London in 2016 that was discussed earlier may be coming as early as in September this year. That’s the latest plans. The Food Revolution is spreading across the world and it’s moving faster than ever."

How about that ! cheers  bounce  sunny  

The Food Revolution is spreading across the world YES there is still more work to be done but each day we do make a difference. Never give up, especially among the young they are our future and their future should and deserves to be a healthy whole foods one....... reduce the carbs and sugar " You know it makes sense why fight it" couldn't resist adding that  Embarassed Smile

Link to Diet Doctor here : http://www.dietdoctor.com/

All the best Jan
        flower
    Indy51
    Indy51

Female Posts : 344

Post by Indy51 Thu Feb 26 2015, 04:20

Dr Jason Fung has posted about the conference:

http://intensivedietarymanagement.com/lchf-summit-of-hope/
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Feb 26 2015, 13:17

Indy51 wrote:Dr Jason Fung has posted about the conference:

http://intensivedietarymanagement.com/lchf-summit-of-hope/

Hi Indy and thanks for the link - so interesting to read Jason Fung's views ....

He starts off by saying "I just returned from Cape Town, South Africa speaking at the world’s first Low Carb, High Fat (LCHF) Summit organized by Prof Tim Noakes and Karen Thompson.  It was truly the best conference I have attended by far.  There are several reasons for this.

First, the lineup of speakers was terrific.  Everybody approached the issue from a slightly different angle and we all learned from it."

If YOU haven't read it please go over now and do so, it's worth it ....... thanks flower

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Mar 01 2015, 13:47

I can't wait for more video's to come out from the LCHF Conference.

"Do you wish you could have gone to the great LCHF conference in Cape Town last week? Here’s a 5-minute video with highlights and short interviews with participants, including the organizers and a few of the biggest names. Feel free to share it."

The above paragraph was the words of Dr Andreas Eenfeldt and as he says feel free to share I say  - I'm sharing it.

Well worth five minutes viewing - here is the link.

http://www.dietdoctor.com/missed-the-lchf-conference-check-out-this-5-minute-video

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 00:25