THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+5
zand
Eddie
Avocado Sevenfold
Paul1976
j
9 posters

DCUK Forum The truth, the whole truth, anything but the truth !

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

DCUK Forum The truth, the whole truth, anything but the truth ! Empty DCUK Forum The truth, the whole truth, anything but the truth !

Post by Eddie Sat Jan 31 2015, 15:02

This item was emailed to me from a member of DCUK today, who for obvious reasons wants to remain anonymous. The words below were posted by forum member Jane Watt. Her post was almost immediately deleted. At the time of deletion two mods were logged in, Ian and Catherinecherub. I am sure Ian would never have deleted this post, he is a man of the highest integrity, draw your own conclusions. Jane very clearly describes the duplicity and underhandedness that has become the hallmark of DCUK over the years. Yet again we see corrupt mods running the forum in a totally dishonest way. Banning, thread locking and deleting members posts, to hide their own spiteful prejudices and outright dishonesty.

"I recently resigned as Moderator. i was waiting some sort of “official” response
    before setting out the basis for my decision. However I’ve just been re-graded
    without comment!

I didn’t know where to start this Thread- under what Forum it might come. I
    thought of Introductions and Greetings, but did feel that’s where Newcomers
    might go first and I don’t want them to be faced with this!
    But I did want explain my actions. i had thought there might be some sort of
    announcement I could respond to, but there’s been no response from any
    Moderator.

The reasons are many but the basis is the fact there’s no Moderator “team”.
    There’s very little discussion and a very “high-handed” way of dealing with
    issues. I imagine most of the “team work” goes on as PMs.

I wanted to be a Moderator because I have skills, qualifications and long
    experience in helping people to communicate respectfully and clearly with one
    another. I don’t post often because I believe to many posts can be overwhelming.
    I do use the “Like” button quite a lot and some of the Games.

I understand there are long standing issues with the past and another Forum –
    i’ve had a look at, but don’t want to be involved with that enmity.

All the Bans etc are beyond me. Naturally, I do feel some of the disrespect and
    rude terms used on the few “comments” posts that show discussion on the
    Moderators’ Forum are out of order. We should not be jumping on certain members
    when we allow other “respected” ones to post harmfully (in my opinion).

Some Moderators can be very patronising towards members and other posters.

We should be respectful in our language towards others and I wanted to help
    achieve this.

There is little “transparency” in the hierarchy here and I felt that I could not
    be seen as being in agreement with all Moderation actions, especially those that
    hadn’t been “discussed”.

It’s complex to try to use technology to provide a human resource. We should be
    wary about how we do this. Just because we use old words (eg. chat) for newer
    actions, it doesn’t make it the same thing. It’s very difficult to start using
    writing to convey what would have been done in speech in the past. I’d hoped I
    might be able to help Members achieve this kindly. A new Moderator rule recently
    introduced involves making a certain number of posts – I don’t think this tick
    box approach is appropriate in such a “human” environment. The “like” button is
    very helpful to add support to a response to a new poster, when they may feel
    overwhelmed by the number of eager to help posts from Members.

I will continue you to be a member and act as before. I believe in openness,
    honesty, respect and responsibility. Thank you to all members who daily share
    generously share their experience with us all.

Jane"

The thread was called  'Status Change' swiftly deleted.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/diabetes-soapbox-have-your-say.2/
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

DCUK Forum The truth, the whole truth, anything but the truth ! Empty Re: DCUK Forum The truth, the whole truth, anything but the truth !

Post by Andy12345 Sat Jan 31 2015, 15:13

Jane once freaked out at me for calling MYSELF a "twat" as it was disrespectful to women

Lol she's as bananas as the rest of them
    j

Male Posts : 111

DCUK Forum The truth, the whole truth, anything but the truth ! Empty Re: DCUK Forum The truth, the whole truth, anything but the truth !

Post by j Sat Jan 31 2015, 15:40

you associating yourself, is disrespectful to twats Smile you need to lift your game to become a twat.

zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Sat Jan 31 2015, 15:41

Thanks @eddie1 for posting this. I was wondering what Jane was talking about earlier when she said she couldn't find her thread.

Now the thread your link took me to was GIVING OUT INFORMATION as that was at the top of the list. This was the thread that made me decide to join the DCUK forum! lol. It was comments by Andy12345 and Fatbird that made me realise I wasn't the only one who was struggling with HCP's advice. Smile

I mentioned that thread in a PM to a friend this morning....then there it is top of the list.

Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sat Jan 31 2015, 15:48

j wrote:you associating yourself, is disrespectful to twats Smile you need to lift your game to become a twat.

sorry lol
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sat Jan 31 2015, 15:48

i see nob head is admin
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sat Jan 31 2015, 15:50

Andy12345 wrote:Jane once freaked out at me for calling MYSELF a "twat" as it was disrespectful to women

Lol she's as bananas as the rest of them

Andy that word has been used recently in the footie thread over there. It reminded me of that thread you are talking about. It's still there as far as I know. I was expecting someone to complain about it

I don't agree that Jane is as bad as the rest of them though. Obviously I can't say alot because I am talking about the PM system over there. I don't want to break rules (God forbid!) but I feel I must speak as I find. All I feel I can say is that Jane (and Ian) listened to me and understood what I was saying and gave me some comfort and support when I sent a PM to all of the mods a few weeks ago. Now do you reckon I'll get a warning for saying that?
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sat Jan 31 2015, 15:51

Andy12345 wrote:i see nob head is admin

really? I hadn't noticed that!
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sat Jan 31 2015, 15:52

uhuh lol
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sat Jan 31 2015, 15:54

Well he's a mod for now but most of my bannings were by mods and the senior mod seems to call the shots so same thing really over there. Suspect
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sat Jan 31 2015, 16:01

i never really did forums before dcuk i always assumed there would be a admin lounge, where admins would have a section for themselves like a staff room where they could chat and compare notes etc but guess not
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sat Jan 31 2015, 16:06

Andy12345 wrote:i never really did forums before dcuk i always assumed there would be a admin lounge, where admins would have a section for themselves like a staff room where they could chat and compare notes etc but guess not

Well yes, it would make sense wouldn't it? If it's done by PM then they should all be included all of the time, that's common sense isn't it?
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sat Jan 31 2015, 16:12

zand wrote:
    Andy12345 wrote:i never really did forums before dcuk i always assumed there would be a admin lounge, where admins would have a section for themselves like a staff room where they could chat and compare notes etc but guess not

Well yes, it would make sense wouldn't it?  If it's done by PM then they should all be included all of the time, that's common sense isn't it?  

You'd think so with such a large forum but obviously it's like Orwells Animal farm over there "All animals are equal...BUT some are more equal than others..." Mo will probably have a take on this later from his time as a staff member-I imagine some of the points Jane raised were what contributed to Mo's resignation over there.
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sat Jan 31 2015, 16:13

Yes....Where is Mo when we want to speak to him?
    Avocado Sevenfold
    Avocado Sevenfold

Female Posts : 258

Post by Avocado Sevenfold Sat Jan 31 2015, 16:26

I fear Jane's last paragraph may be a little optimistic in the circumstances.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Sat Jan 31 2015, 16:43

zand wrote:Thanks @eddie1 for posting this.  I was wondering what Jane was talking about earlier when she said she couldn't find her thread.

Now the thread your link took me to was GIVING OUT INFORMATION as that was at the top of the list.  This was the thread that made me decide to join the DCUK forum! lol.  It was comments by Andy12345 and Fatbird that made me realise I wasn't the only one who was struggling with HCP's advice.  Smile  

I mentioned that thread in a PM to a friend this morning....then there it is top of the list.  

I was Fatbird over there. I made a mistake one night (to much booze maybe) and signed off a post as Eddie the cherub pulled me up and reported me and I was banned immediately. Before she was made a mod she was an arse licker to various mods over there years. She is a complete head case, Graham and myself know why. As much as I detest her I would not use the ammo I have on her, there are levels I will not go to.

Check out my Fatbird  posts, I never put a foot wrong and members thanked me for my posts. As we have seen with other people here, the forum is not very interested in diabetics who help others. Sucking up to certain mods is the order of the day if you don't want to get banned. Says he who re-joined with an hour of being banned the last time of many.
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sat Jan 31 2015, 16:58

eddie1 wrote:
    zand wrote:Thanks @eddie1 for posting this.  I was wondering what Jane was talking about earlier when she said she couldn't find her thread.

Now the thread your link took me to was GIVING OUT INFORMATION as that was at the top of the list.  This was the thread that made me decide to join the DCUK forum! lol.  It was comments by Andy12345 and Fatbird that made me realise I wasn't the only one who was struggling with HCP's advice.  Smile  

I was Fatbird over there. I made a mistake one night (to much booze maybe) and signed off a post as Eddie the cherub pulled me up and reported me and I was banned immediately. Before she was made a mod she was an arse licker to various mods over there years. She is a complete head case, Graham and myself know why. As much as I detest her I would not use the ammo I have on her, there are levels I will not go to.

Check out my Fatbird  posts, I never put a foot wrong and members thanked me for my posts. As we have seen with other people here, the forum is not very interested in diabetics who help others. Sucking up to certain mods is the order of the day if you don't want to get banned. Says he who re-joined with an hour of being banned the last time of many.

I read most of Fatbird's posts at the time. I couldn't see anything wrong with them then, it was just so nice to have people who thought like I did after having been alone in my distrust of doctors for so long. That thread was like a breath of fresh air to me. Thanks Smile
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Sat Jan 31 2015, 17:13

On a forum where I moderate there is just a separate part of the forum only accessible to admin where the mods can discuss issues amongst themselves in threads the same way as the main forum. We can communicate with each other via PM but that's only done for personal issues not admin/moderating ones. As such any 'disciplinary' issues are discussed and agreed - if it is 'urgent' and can't be discussed immediately then we have the options to pull a thread into the admin area pending discussion; lock a thread pending discussion; and put any troublesome member on 'moderated' status where his posts have to be verified by a moderator before being released to the forum. In the case of the first two, posts are always placed explaining what has happened and why, and in the case of the third, the member concerned is informed and why, and this status can be maintained or rescinded as appropriate. Very few people are banned, and then only after repeated breaches after other measures have been applied. The forum has over 25000 members and three moderators and little needs to be done these days. Members can report any issue and act as a welcome additional set of eyes to help nip any issues in the bud.

Efficient, transparent and no problems.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sat Jan 31 2015, 17:15

Makes perfect sense, why can't DCUK be like that? .... Oh wait, it's because it makes perfect sense lol
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sat Jan 31 2015, 18:44

There is a separate forum at DCUK for moderators to share info, discuss things etc but it is very rarely used. the above reasons is a huge part of why I left. I've mentioned it earlier but I don't agree with individual mods having power to ban members for life. This should go to a vote as it's a huge thing to happen to someone. Mods edit,delete and ban without consultation. It's wrong. Whilst I was there I was reported by Mr Bonkers for something I said, I could have dealt with it swiftly. I didn't, I purposely left it for another mod as how is it fair that I deal with it ? It took weeks for someone to have the guts to sort this. I sent repeated messages to another mod to resolve this. Nobody would go against Bonkers. It was just magically "resolved" one day. I could give numerous examples but that would be unfair. At present though, any mod there can and does act unfairly and without consistency. I tried on numerous occasions to get the mods to be more of a team but they didn't want to know. I was even accused of being too much of a presence and posting too often lol ! Anna and Catherine in particular are very condescending towards members and repeatedly use terms such as "my word is final". They clearly love their power but are lacking in the knowledge to apply it fairly.
    My biggest frustration is we are seen as the bad guys. We are in your face and name names so people have stopped posting here as they must deem DCUK a nicer place lol ! Seriously, if only they knew. So many threads deleted, so many good people banned. No characters there now.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sat Jan 31 2015, 18:47

As for Jane, I respect her decision to bin the mod title. Better that than do a bad job of it. If you're heart's not in it, walk away. I have no feelings either way as to her as a mod. To be fair, she was very much behind the scenes. My honest opinion is she never felt comfortable. I certainly don't think she was banning or deleting.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Sat Jan 31 2015, 23:40

When I had problems with a heavy handed and anti low carb moderation team my only redress was to contact admin (dan@diabetes.co.uk) I did get some satisfaction from him by getting cugila taken off the moderation team albeit for a short time, jopar was another who I reported and thanks to her lies being exposed in the moderators forum she was demoted to mod the pump forum only.

Maybe those DCUK members who have concerns about their treatment by the moderation could go down the same route as I did, whether or not Dan will respond I don't know but I always found him to be a fair guy who would at least listen and in my case take some action, perhaps Jane would have had a fair hearing this way who knows.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 12:52