THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
Andy12345
Eddie
6 posters

What's your favourite place in the UK?

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

What's your favourite place in the UK? Empty What's your favourite place in the UK?

Post by Eddie Tue Jan 27 2015, 15:01

What's your favourite place in the UK? Mountain%2Bdrive%2B(1)

High up in the Lake District which is our favourite place. A couple of years back on a scorching hot day, we dropped the roof down on our car and drove up an old track used by the Forestry Commission. We bumped into a couple of Forestry guys half way up,and asked them if we carried on going up would it be safe. One of the guys said if you have got this far up you will probably be OK. The track went up and up but finely we got over a mountain and back to civilisation. A day we will never forget.

What is your favourite place and have you got any pics?
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

What's your favourite place in the UK? Empty Re: What's your favourite place in the UK?

Post by Andy12345 Tue Jan 27 2015, 18:32

Treyarnon bay, Cornwall

When the tide goes out, it leaves deep rock pools the kids love to swim in, I can't describe how cool it is, it's a big job to get them in the car

Sorry I can't put a picture, I've tried
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

What's your favourite place in the UK? Empty Re: What's your favourite place in the UK?

Post by mo1905 Tue Jan 27 2015, 19:22

We went to a place called Betws-y-Coed in Wales when the kids were younger which was pretty cool but much as I love the countryside I much prefer the city. For me, a stroll along London's Embankment is tough to beat. Not everyone's cup of tea I know but I like the buzz. London- greatest City on Earth !What's your favourite place in the UK? Images10
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Jan 27 2015, 19:28

What's your favourite place in the UK? Treyarnonbay2

Took all of 5 seconds. With you're powers of detection Andy, have you thought about a career in the Police force? affraid
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Tue Jan 27 2015, 21:41

eddie1 wrote:
    What's your favourite place in the UK? Treyarnonbay2

Took all of 5 seconds. With you're powers of detection Andy, have you thought about a career in the Police force? affraid

Thankyou Smile Eddie

My second choice was tower bridge Mo (which I consider to be my bridge) lol growing up in battersea I have a great fondness for the Thames Smile
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Tue Jan 27 2015, 21:56

@Mo ...... a nice stroll along The Embankment, and for me just add a refreshing cup of tea, sounds good. Smile

@Andy12345 ........ beaches and rock pools just draw kids in, nice choice.

Who's next for listing one of their favourite places?

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Tue Jan 27 2015, 22:02

Andy12345 wrote:Treyarnon bay, Cornwall

When the tide goes out, it leaves deep rock pools the kids love to swim in, I can't describe how cool it is, it's a big job to get them in the car

Sorry I can't put a picture, I've tried

I love Cornwall had quite a few holidays there, having relatives that live in the Truro area has been a bonus they took us to secluded beaches that we probably would never have found.

On the negative side the beer was crap What a Face
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Tue Jan 27 2015, 22:29

Hehe, don't do beer Smile

I spent 6 months working in Somerset when I did do beer, moose head lager and local scrumpy, we taught ilminster what snakebites were, no wonder I don't drink anymore after that
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Tue Jan 27 2015, 22:36

Snakebite ! Scary ! Had a few when I was a tearaway lol ! Apparently, it's illegal for pubs to serve these now. You can order half a lager and half a cider, just not in the same glass.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Fri Jan 30 2015, 18:38

>.>.>.>.>

Going back to my childhood and favourite holiday places ..... I do remember candy floss UGH I didn't like the stuff but it seemed to be everywhere when you went on holiday. I can remember watching the sellers spin the floss as they called it.

But what about the traditional Punch and Judy Shows at holiday spots? I can remember going to Eastbourne with my parents, and also with my children ......sitting on the grassy bank with so many others laughing at the exploits of Punch, Judy, The Crocodile, The Policeman - and sausages.

Are we Brits a little mad or what!!??  sunny freakout

All the best Jan
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Fri Jan 30 2015, 18:39

Now I didn't like Punch and Judy 'cos I was only allowed to watch until 'they' came collecting the money........
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Fri Jan 30 2015, 19:05

zand wrote:Now I didn't like Punch and Judy 'cos I was only allowed to watch until 'they' came collecting the money........

What a terribly deprived childhood you had Zand, thems the break eh. Mind you, you should have seen my childhood, violence was a full-time job until I left home. It toughened me up though. In my old neighbourhood bank robbers used to get mugged on the way to the getaway car. I once belonged to a golf society together with my brother set up in a Pub from the old neighbourhood. We were the only two members who had never been in prison. That being said, it was the best golf society I ever belonged to. The guys were a larf a minute, and when we visited some very well known prestigious golf clubs, the guys were impeccably turned out, and always exemplary behaviour. Clubs always wanted us back. Sport is a great equaliser and regardless of background, for true sportsmen, it's talent or skill at the game or sport that counts.
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Fri Jan 30 2015, 19:22

eddie1 wrote:
    zand wrote:Now I didn't like Punch and Judy 'cos I was only allowed to watch until 'they' came collecting the money........

What a terribly deprived childhood you had Zand, thems the break eh. Mind you, you should have seen my childhood, violence was a full-time job until I left home. It toughened me up though. In my old neighbourhood bank robbers used to get mugged on the way to the getaway car. I once belonged to a golf society together with my brother set up in a Pub from the old neighbourhood. We were the only two members who had never been in prison. That being said, it was the best golf society I ever belonged to. The guys were a larf a minute, and when we visited some very well known prestigious golf clubs, the guys were impeccably turned out, and always exemplary behaviour. Clubs always wanted us back. Sport is a great equaliser and regardless of background, for true sportsmen, it's talent or skill at the game or sport that counts.

Really it was my parents who had deprived childhoods, not me. My Mum was one of eleven kids and my Dad was one of eight. They just learned to live very frugally because of it. I did get annoyed at never seeing a whole Punch and Judy show though. Rolling Eyes

I have been thinking about my favourite place in the UK. I'm not sure really, either Weymouth or Giant's Causeway, both places I have been to with my kids. Newcastle in Northern Ireland was nice too.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Fri Jan 30 2015, 20:10

Not waiting for the glass to come around reminds of the queen Anne pub in vauxall at lunchtimes, but that was more like judy & judy
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Fri Jan 30 2015, 23:34

Had plenty of laughs in the Punch & Judy pub in Covent Garden. So named as this was the first place a Punch & Judy show was ever performed. There is still a plaque on the wall. I thought I had a bit of a tough childhood 'til I went up North to visit friends. They'll nick your tattoos up there !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 07:59