THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

This place is growing on me

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

This place is growing on me Empty This place is growing on me

Post by Eddie Sat Nov 15 2014, 16:29

For a long time people had been saying to me why don’t you start a forum of your own. I had thought about it for about ten seconds and thought jeez do I need that kind of grief, no thank you. But then Mo and Paul became available, two great guys, knowledgeable, quite well known, and very well liked. The time was suddenly right. Graham my long term partner in crime and consigliere and Jan said let’s have a go. So, the five of us set it up, together with some help from Martin one of our sons.

When you start a forum you are putting your neck on the block. Most diabetes forums fail in the first year, some struggle on in a state of hibernation and semi coma for years, mainly to massage egos and because the people running them cannot admit defeat. Our forum may go down the tubes, if it does it will not be through lack of effort from our team. We have been spreading the low carb salvation for diabetics for a long time, we have always known it was going to be long haul. If it was easy we would have become bored and walked from forums and blogs a long time ago.

The reality of course is a forum is nothing without the members, ultimately the members make or break a forum. In this regard we have been lucky, although still a very small forum, we have some very knowledgeable members, posting regularly and with a great sense of humour. I appreciate the place may come across at times as a cross between a lunatic asylum and a drunken works outing to Southend, but over time we will build up a very useful resource for the newbie and the long time diabetic with poor control. With our combined knowledge and experience we are well placed to help the aforementioned to a safer place and hopefully avoid the grim complications that so many suffer from.

So, thank you to the members who have joined and a very special thank you to the members that have given their time freely and often. I appreciate some have come under pressure from elsewhere, some have changed their forum names here and no longer post, I can understand why. I can assure all that we are here for the long term, we will never give up, until all diabetics at diagnosis, are given the option of a low carb high fat diet as a viable alternative to control their weight and diabetes by the medical profession.

Kind regards Eddie
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

This place is growing on me Empty Re: This place is growing on me

Post by zand Sat Nov 15 2014, 16:40

Nice post Eddie.

I've never been to Southend Sad Am I missing anything? Question
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sat Nov 15 2014, 17:31

So, that was my silly reply and this is my sensible one now that I've got a bit more time to write it.

I came here because I knew Mo and Paul already. I liked them both and they were 2 from a handful of people whose posts got me interested in joining a forum and posting as well. They both helped me by their sense of humour and also sensible posts elsewhere. Mo was also a great moderator who worked hard there too.

I've stayed here because it's fun and informative. I have learnt so much from you guys (and I was already well into LCHF before coming here) and you are a friendly bunch of people. There's already a good sense of community here, even though we're still small.

Eddie, I had heard your name before (once only), but didn't really know anything about you. I had never heard of Jan or Graham (sorry!). It's been a pleasure getting to know the three of you.

I am staying because I enjoy it here, I love reading everyone's posts and I look forward to meeting even more people here in the future.

Thank you, the five of you, for being brave and starting up the forum and 'putting your necks on the block'. I really appreciate it. Very Happy cheers

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Sat Nov 15 2014, 18:52

zand wrote:Nice post Eddie.

I've never been to Southend Sad  Am I missing anything? Question

As a child I used to look forward to our families annual pre Christmas visit to see the marvelous Christmas Lights Southend used to put on. I think Blackpool illuminations are also great.

It's some years since I've been ....do they still do it? But that 'little kid' in me still loves to see Christmas Light Displays  santa

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Sat Nov 15 2014, 18:55

@Zand ......many thanks for your serious post - it is appreciated.

I'm going to quote you and say I agree wholeheartily because I too "am staying because I enjoy it here, I love reading everyone's posts and I look forward to meeting even more people here in the future."

Not sure of our current post count but 7000 must be approaching and whose name will be on it - will it be yours this time?

All the best Jan

sunny  flower   sunny   flower
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sat Nov 15 2014, 19:31

Jan1 wrote:@Zand

Not sure of our current post count but 7000 must be approaching and whose name will be on it - will it be yours this time?

All the best Jan

sunny  flower   sunny   flower

It doesn't matter to me now. I wanted to make post no 6432 ...and I think I did! Smile
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Sat Nov 15 2014, 19:40

i like coming here and chatting with you guys, i suppose we all do or we wouldnt, i learn stuff also, that in my opinion makes this a successful forum, dont change a thing
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Sun Nov 16 2014, 18:49

Thanks for the kind words folks. Andy said "don't change a thing" We are hoping to make improvements in time. My dream is to have a website, forum and top notch recipe site all in one place. It may prove to be impossible, but an advertised tel. number, manned by volunteers to take calls from people looking for advice at certain hours of the day is another dream.

I have a 101 ideas but turning them in to reality is another matter, but if you don't try you achieve nothing. I can take failure (I have had lots of that) but doing nothing is a crime. With the people we already have on the forum, we can and will make a positive difference to many peoples lives.

Thanks again Eddie

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 10:23