THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+6
graham64
Eddie
Andy12345
j
Paul1976
sanguine
10 posters

DCUK Quote of the day from the Bonkers one ! The low carb antis are 100% wrong as usual !

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

DCUK Quote of the day from the Bonkers one ! The low carb antis are 100% wrong as usual ! - Page 2 Empty Re: DCUK Quote of the day from the Bonkers one ! The low carb antis are 100% wrong as usual !

Post by graham64 Fri Jan 16 2015, 22:04

In a desperate attempt to put people off LC/HF Bonkers reckons a high fat diet only increases insulin resistance, if that was the case how come I and many other long term low carbers have yet to see any increase in insulin resistance and still on minimal or no meds Laughing

Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

DCUK Quote of the day from the Bonkers one ! The low carb antis are 100% wrong as usual ! - Page 2 Empty Re: DCUK Quote of the day from the Bonkers one ! The low carb antis are 100% wrong as usual !

Post by Andy12345 Sat Jan 17 2015, 19:12

How long do you give me? Lol
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sat Jan 17 2015, 21:13

Trudi puts the records straight on DCUK. Douglas was not so critical after this lol ! Strange !

"Dear Low Carbers,
    Thank you for your support after the debate at Diabetes UK last March. This made me realise that I had to listen to people with diabetes and it stimulated me to investigate the low carb high fat lifestyle in much more detail.

You have raised some questions and I thought I would take this opportunity to answer them. X-PERT Health is a registered charity with a mission to provide evidence-based information and education so that people with long-term conditions can make informed decisions regarding self-managing their condition.

Regarding the X-PERT diabetes structured education programmes, I undertake literature reviews annually and update the educators manual with the latest evidence base. Educators are required to attend update training every two years. The latest version (12.1) of the Educator's Manual (published Sept 14) acknowledges the latest evidence for a very low carb/high fat lifestyle although it doesn’t prescribe it. Our philosophy is that we provide people with the latest evidence and they decide whether its an approach they wish to try. Equally so, we have never prescribed a high carb diet. It has always been the case that people learn what carbs are and which foods contain them. In week 3, people are then supported in assessing how many carbs they are eating and setting goals to reduce if they wish to reduce blood glucose levels and/or lose weight. Generally we find that most people reduce their carb intake after becoming more carb aware.

Hands up - I am the first to admit that for many years I believed that consuming too much fat (especially saturated fat) was bad for us. This is what we were taught at university. However, in the latter years I have critically analysed the original research for the diet-heart hypothesis and now realise that this is seriously flawed and there isn't actually any evidence that saturated fat causes heart disease. The latest handbook is our attempt to inform the public of this fact. The handbook is a step-by-step guide to following a very low carb diet i.e. less than 50g per day and this will only be a long-term strategy if people embrace fat.

We have just completed a pilot with a GP practice in Herts (80 patients) – 2 x standard X-PERT programmes versus 2 x low carb X-PERT programmes and the University of Herts are analysing the results. We are working in partnership with the university and applying for National Institute of Health Research funding to undertake a feasibility study and clinical trial.

Please do get back to me with any further queries - I appreciate your support and realise that there is still a long way to go!

Best wishes, Trudi"
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sat Jan 17 2015, 21:23

Trudi is getting a great reception on the thread since she joined the flog and posted her angle and quite rightly so! but I did have to laugh when Duggie offered her his dietary data and stats! A few felt the same about Duggie's 'Offerings' but surprise-surprise the comments were deleted by Anna who has had quite a busy day today mimicking the fired old school DCUK mod Cugila! Evil or Very Mad
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sat Jan 17 2015, 21:28

Lol ! Stephen King ! Still, can you imagine if she had used Douggie ! A future DAFNE or X-Pert advising Pot Noodles, rice, After Eight ice cream, chips, pizza etc ! Would save the NHS a fortune though, most wouldn't see old age :-)
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sat Jan 17 2015, 21:56

Yes he sure stfu about her lol

Tbh she seems very nice and honest, I'm embarrassed by what duggies said about her, but she seems intelligent and will know there are nut jobs out there
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sat Jan 17 2015, 22:00

There are quite a few who ought to feel pretty bad about all the crap they were giving her ! So glad she shut them up !
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sat Jan 17 2015, 22:14

Agreed mate
    j

Male Posts : 111

Post by j Sat Jan 17 2015, 22:32

I feel a bit sorry for noodles, it seems to be the only pleasure in life for him. To get on a low carb topic and defecate to his hearts content. Surprisingly with moderation support. Any who challenge him either have their posts deleted or banned, but I guess that is another story.

Being a school yard bully who has never grown up [read scared little boy] he is now rendered impotent.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sat Jan 17 2015, 22:37

Yeah what J said

Smile
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Sat Jan 17 2015, 23:16

mo1905 wrote:Trudi puts the records straight on DCUK. Douglas was not so critical after this lol ! Strange !

"Dear Low Carbers,
    Thank you for your support after the debate at Diabetes UK last March. This made me realise that I had to listen to people with diabetes and it stimulated me to investigate the low carb high fat lifestyle in much more detail.

You have raised some questions and I thought I would take this opportunity to answer them. X-PERT Health is a registered charity with a mission to provide evidence-based information and education so that people with long-term conditions can make informed decisions regarding self-managing their condition.

Regarding the X-PERT diabetes structured education programmes, I undertake literature reviews annually and update the educators manual with the latest evidence base. Educators are required to attend update training every two years. The latest version (12.1) of the Educator's Manual (published Sept 14) acknowledges the latest evidence for a very low carb/high fat lifestyle although it doesn’t prescribe it. Our philosophy is that we provide people with the latest evidence and they decide whether its an approach they wish to try. Equally so, we have never prescribed a high carb diet. It has always been the case that people learn what carbs are and which foods contain them. In week 3, people are then supported in assessing how many carbs they are eating and setting goals to reduce if they wish to reduce blood glucose levels and/or lose weight. Generally we find that most people reduce their carb intake after becoming more carb aware.

Hands up - I am the first to admit that for many years I believed that consuming too much fat (especially saturated fat) was bad for us. This is what we were taught at university. However, in the latter years I have critically analysed the original research for the diet-heart hypothesis and now realise that this is seriously flawed and there isn't actually any evidence that saturated fat causes heart disease. The latest handbook is our attempt to inform the public of this fact. The handbook is a step-by-step guide to following a very low carb diet i.e. less than 50g per day and this will only be a long-term strategy if people embrace fat.

We have just completed a pilot with a GP practice in Herts (80 patients) – 2 x standard X-PERT programmes versus 2 x low carb X-PERT programmes and the University of Herts are analysing the results. We are working in partnership with the university and applying for National Institute of Health Research funding to undertake a feasibility study and clinical trial.

Please do get back to me with any further queries - I appreciate your support and realise that there is still a long way to go!

Best wishes, Trudi"

This is great news, let's hope Trudi stays longer than many other health pro's who have joined and swiftly left the flog.

As for Noodle man, I think we should thank him for bringing the thread back to the top of the front page so many times. Even a complete buffoon has there uses. jimlad
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Sun Jan 18 2015, 00:05

Andy12345 wrote:How long do you give me? Lol

Beware the cherub (not all cherubs are angels woot ) Andy she skulks in the shadows editing posts, if there are no staff online as was the case today when the posts were edited she is the one responsible.

Check out our blog tomorrow for screen shots of deleted complaints about the heavy handed moderation Wink

Two Collies
    Two Collies

Male Posts : 133

Post by Two Collies Sun Jan 18 2015, 13:42

Dr Deakin asked for some details and I replied at ~11:30pm last night and she thanked be by ~00:20a.m with a kind reply Most impressed! Laughing
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Mon Jan 19 2015, 10:08

sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Mon Jan 19 2015, 10:17

Having sent some data late afternoon yesterday Trudi replied at 2 am with a very nice personalised email after she had been up late baking low-carb cakes for the book launch. She wants to have some of my graphs for possible inclusion in her paper.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Mon Jan 19 2015, 10:54

sanguine wrote:Having sent some data late afternoon yesterday Trudi replied at 2 am with a very nice personalised email after she had been up late baking low-carb cakes for the book launch.  She wants to have some of my graphs for possible inclusion in her paper.

Great news. She does appear genuinely interested, approachable and very pro-active. She will be a huge help in getting her message ( and ours ) to the masses.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Jan 19 2015, 10:59

In no time at all Trudi will come under monumental pressure from the many vested interests. The people from junk food and big pharma. The people who will lose a massive amount of money when the LCHF way of life kicks off big time in the UK and the rest of the world. I am sure she knows this, we must all be standing by to assist her when that time comes. We have the evidence and are living proof, Trudi is 100% right.
    sanguine
    sanguine

Post by sanguine Mon Jan 19 2015, 11:56

Her book just landed on my doormat Smile
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Mon Jan 19 2015, 17:21

Is it a fat book Rod ;-)
    sanguine
    sanguine

Post by sanguine Mon Jan 19 2015, 18:24

Lol no it's a perfectly slim A4 volume freakout
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Mon Jan 19 2015, 18:26

sanguine wrote:Lol no it's a perfectly slim A4 volume freakout

Of course it is, because as we all know - fat doesn't make you fat does it?  

D'uh @Mo1905 , I would've thought you would have known that!  lol!  Wink Rolling Eyes
    horfilmania
    horfilmania

Female Posts : 68

Post by horfilmania Mon Jan 19 2015, 19:40

Eddie's right in that there will be a lot of pressure on her. However there are a lot of low-carb greats such as Richard Bernstein, Richard Feinman, Jeff Volek, Jason Fung, Eric Westman, Michael and Mary Dan Eades, Robert Atkins, and countless others, that have faced persecution, the drying up of research grants, etc. and yet they provide most of the information found in their publications for free on their websites. That's what I call true dedication.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Jan 20 2015, 11:01

horfilmania wrote:Eddie's right in that there will be a lot of pressure on her. However there are a lot of low-carb greats such as Richard Bernstein,  Richard Feinman, Jeff Volek, Jason Fung, Eric Westman, Michael and Mary Dan Eades, Robert Atkins, and countless others, that have faced persecution, the drying up of research grants, etc. and yet they provide most of the information found in their publications for free on their websites. That's what I call true dedication.

Trudi is very bright and I am sure she has armed herself up with a massive amount of ammo, for when the grief starts coming in. Over the last few years science has moved on big time. Scientists and highly respected medical professionals all over the world are on the side of low carb. Show me a diabetes forum and members talking of lowering quality fats and upping the carbs reporting better BG control, it ain't ever going to happen. Unless your name is Ken, Duggie, Gezzathorpe, Bonkers etc.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Fri Jan 23 2015, 21:15

Post No 327 by Anna. The challenge set by Bonkers is on:

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/now-the-x-pert-advice-is-low-carb-high-fat.70271/page-17

Any takers ?
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sat Jan 24 2015, 15:48

"Dont believe everything that is stated is truth on the internet, much of it is rubbish."

Bonkers

"lol you got that right!"

Andy

One of the very rare occasions the Bonkers one got something right! Mind you, he should know, as far as the flog goes, most of the bullshit has come from him. What will we do if Sid ever gets his head out of his arse? Jeez that guy could make a fortune in stand up comedy, and even the newbies ain't fooled by Sid's tomfoolery.  jocolor

DCUK Quote of the day from the Bonkers one ! The low carb antis are 100% wrong as usual ! - Page 2 Pic01

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 20:39