THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+6
graham64
Eddie
Andy12345
j
Paul1976
sanguine
10 posters

DCUK Quote of the day from the Bonkers one ! The low carb antis are 100% wrong as usual !

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

DCUK Quote of the day from the Bonkers one ! The low carb antis are 100% wrong as usual ! Empty DCUK Quote of the day from the Bonkers one ! The low carb antis are 100% wrong as usual !

Post by Eddie Wed Jan 14 2015, 14:02

"Sorry Danny but there is no mention of what diet is recommended in the book other than a mention of the acronym lchf and we all know that lchf can mean different things to different people. ie SouthportGP recommends a lc diet but says "Fat, yes OK in moderation" which is hardly recommending a high fat diet is it?" Sid Bonkers

As always, Sid Bonkers aka 'The enforcer' for the low carb antis gets it 100% wrong, re. the new book and recommended diet from diabetes expert Trudi Deakin. Yet again we see an expert recommending the low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Yet again we see proof of the low carb antis stupidity, it was ever thus.

Check out the link to the Bonkers one and his misfit pals at the flog here. http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/now-the-x-pert-advice-is-low-carb-high-fat.70271/page-3

I quote.

Dr Trudi Deakin has just released her latest book

‘A Step by Step Guide to Low-Carb Living’

"Based on extensive research and using the latest evidence the book explains the health benefits of a ketogenic diet. With practical guides and recipes the book supports the reader to adopt and maintain a ‘low-carb’ lifestyle, and explains why we all need to embrace fats as being beneficial to health. (my bold)

To find out more why not attend the launch of the book between 3-7pm on Monday 19th January at the

Innovation Café Bar, Hebden Bridge Mill, St George's Square, Hebden Bridge, HX7 8ET.

David Haslam, Chair of the National Obesity Forum will be the keynote speaker. There will also be examples of the delicious recipes that you can produce. You'll also have an opportunity to hear the research evidence and ask questions about the diet.

Just pop in anytime between 3 to 7pm.

Click the link to book a place and read the source of the above information. http://www.xperthealth.org.uk/low-carb-living

Hat tip to Graham for posting the information on this forum yesterday.

Eddie
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

DCUK Quote of the day from the Bonkers one ! The low carb antis are 100% wrong as usual ! Empty Re: DCUK Quote of the day from the Bonkers one ! The low carb antis are 100% wrong as usual !

Post by Paul1976 Wed Jan 14 2015, 14:11

Sid Bonkers,Low fat,Portion control,Krebs cycle etc quack quack quack here we go again Twisted Evil
    Eddie
    Eddie

DCUK Quote of the day from the Bonkers one ! The low carb antis are 100% wrong as usual ! Empty Re: DCUK Quote of the day from the Bonkers one ! The low carb antis are 100% wrong as usual !

Post by Eddie Wed Jan 14 2015, 14:15

How long before phoenix turns up, skids to an abrupt halt with a couple of studies about a bloke in a shed and six rats. lol!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Jan 14 2015, 14:27

Pot Noodle asks "What numbers did she define LCHF as, and what type of fat?" Can someone tell Noodle a Keto diet for most is less than 50 carbs per day. And I do not suppose for one minute Trudi is recommending Marg and highly processed vegetable oils, the sort of junk you would find in err...Pot Noddles.

Maybe Trudi will be talking about the sort of fats found in meat, fish, dairy, nuts, avocado and seeds.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Wed Jan 14 2015, 16:40

Some people will just never accept LCHF for some reason. Instead of looking and reading about the benefits, they look for tiny loopholes. What sort of fats ? Exactly how many carbs ? What sort of carbs ? etc etc ! I find it quite amusing to see them all tap dancing and looking for an "out" like a £15 lawyer on a murder charge ! Keen enough to try but not sharp enough to win !
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Wed Jan 14 2015, 16:44

mo1905 wrote:Some people will just never accept LCHF for some reason. Instead of looking and reading about the benefits, they look for tiny loopholes. What sort of fats ? Exactly how many carbs ? What sort of carbs ? etc etc ! I find it quite amusing to see them all tap dancing and looking for an "out" like a £15 lawyer on a murder charge ! Keen enough to try but not sharp enough to win !

Indeed! and a few 'Regulars' elsewhere would try and pick holes if you stated that it gets dark at night! Trolls? or shills with a vested interest? Who knows eh! jimlad
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Wed Jan 14 2015, 16:46

What sort of dark ? How dark ? Is it dusk or dark ? Does the moon count ?
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Wed Jan 14 2015, 16:47

mo1905 wrote:What sort of dark ? How dark ? Is it dusk or dark ? Does the moon count ?

freakout freakout lol! Spot on Mo! thumb-up
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Jan 14 2015, 16:57

mo1905 wrote:What sort of dark ? How dark ? Is it dusk or dark ? Does the moon count ?

That's about the strength or the anti argument, meanwhile they scoff Pot Noodles and Corn Flakes while shovelling down the meds. It will be ever thus. But, more and more highly qualified medical professionals are changing their minds about sugar and quality fats. I did not think I would live long enough to see the huge changes we are seeing today. How quickly things have changed and we see what a difference the ordinary man and women can make.

The millions of people who post on forums and blogs have played their part. The truth will always out, but it often takes time.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Jan 14 2015, 19:45

Great to see some of you guys are giving Pot Noodle Man a good run for his money at the flog. How long before more threats of banning, post deletion. thread deletions or locking?

The game is up, the antis have lost big time. The only ones who can't see it are the antis.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Wed Jan 14 2015, 21:23

it would seem the Pot Noodle man has set himself up as the forum know it all Guru Rolling Eyes this despite having been a member for over three years and still not sorted his own diabetes diet out.

mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Jan 15 2015, 17:50

I was quite surprised how many "names" didn't post on the X-pert LCHF thread ! All gone pretty quiet on that one ! Oh well, back to the 4 word story game eh ? It is a diabetes forum after all !
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Jan 15 2015, 18:10

mo1905 wrote:I was quite surprised how many "names" didn't post on the X-pert LCHF thread ! All gone pretty quiet on that one ! Oh well, back to the 4 word story game eh ? It is a diabetes forum after all !

LOL!! Sometimes I like to get away from reading diabetes related matter so I go to a place called DCUK where there there is virtually none of that-A place for such tantalising subjects such as Horoscopes and star signs,The Chinese new year and make a sentence out of five letters etc freakout I've got a five letter sentence for 'em...Why Hasn't Anna Been Fired?

Last edited by Paul on Thu Jan 15 2015, 18:18; edited 1 time in total
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Thu Jan 15 2015, 18:11

PNM now trying the 'has she gone native/will she keep her job' angle.
    j

Male Posts : 111

Post by j Thu Jan 15 2015, 21:41

mo1905 wrote:I was quite surprised how many "names" didn't post on the X-pert LCHF thread ! All gone pretty quiet on that one ! Oh well, back to the 4 word story game eh ? It is a diabetes forum after all !
    not everyone is able to ban
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Jan 15 2015, 22:06

j wrote:

Lol ! One of the fellow outlaws eh ? Dougie showed himself up with his after eight ice cream post lol !
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Jan 15 2015, 22:27

mo1905 wrote:
    j wrote:

Lol ! One of the fellow outlaws eh ? Dougie showed himself up with his after eight ice cream post lol !

Noodle man is either winding up low carbers or telling out and out lies. When the mods other than Ian can walk and chew gum at the same time, they may realise everyone at the flog with a brain can see right through the stupidity and corruption. But hey, that's the flog for you for the last six years.
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Thu Jan 15 2015, 22:47

j wrote:

Things never change it must be about four years ago since I was banned by a discredited mod (he got banned himself) and his sidekick who is the latest addition to the mod team. The mods though supposed to be impartial today are of the same ilk, if you're a Low Carber the odds of post deletion, editing and being banned are high.
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Thu Jan 15 2015, 23:47

PNM has got it spot on when he said the eatwell plate is a good first step, step one eat plenty of starchy carbs, step two take drugs to counteract the effects of step one, step three take multiple drugs to counteract the progression caused by step one and two, step four progress to insulin caused by steps one two and three.

Eatwell plate reference.

Bread, rice, potatoes, pasta and other starchy foods 33%
    Fruit and vegetables 33%
    Milk and dairy foods 15%
    Meat, fish, eggs, beans and other non-dairy sources of protein 12%
    Foods and drinks high in fat and/or sugar 8%

plenty of bread, rice, potatoes, pasta and other starchy foods – choose wholegrain varieties whenever you can

http://www.food.gov.uk/scotland/scotnut/eatwellplate/guidelines#.UsB85fRdV6Q
    j

Post by j Fri Jan 16 2015, 08:19

I have the opposite problem on another site, the moderator was singing the praises of ketogenic and raised the point about someone doing it through pregnancy

I posted this mice study and it was removed and I got a warning..so the keto crowd can be a funny bunch too
    http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2393/13/109
    "A ketogenic diet during gestation results in alterations in embryonic organ growth. Such alterations may be associated with organ dysfunction and potentially behavioral changes in postnatal life."
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Fri Jan 16 2015, 08:42

j wrote:I have the opposite problem on another site, the moderator was singing the praises of ketogenic and raised the point about someone doing it through pregnancy

I posted this mice study and it was removed and I got a warning..so the keto crowd can be a funny bunch too
    http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2393/13/109
    "A ketogenic diet during gestation results in alterations in embryonic organ growth. Such alterations may be associated with organ dysfunction and potentially behavioral changes in postnatal life."

I must have missed that one...I didn't know that they had any Ketogenic diet approving mods over there.
    j

Post by j Fri Jan 16 2015, 09:06

this wasn't DCUK, it was the diabetesforum. Only singing the keto gospel is allowed and it seems I'm not far enough out on the keto fringe for the mod there.
    I just found it funny that I'm getting it from both sides freakout
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Fri Jan 16 2015, 12:05

Bonkers makes his most accomplished post!

Andy said LOL

Bonkers asks the next day

"Care to expand what it was that apparently made you laugh out loud?"

Poor old Sid must be chewing the carpet over the Trudi Deakin high fat news. Noodle man is making a bigger fool of himself by the minute and the slimy Cherub is editing low carbers posts. Business as usual at the flog.

Why am I falling around laughing?

DCUK Quote of the day from the Bonkers one ! The low carb antis are 100% wrong as usual ! Lego-man-laughing-smiley-emoticon
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Fri Jan 16 2015, 13:14

eddie1 wrote:and the slimy Cherub is editing low carbers posts. Business as usual at the flog.

Who's having their posts edited at the moment?
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Fri Jan 16 2015, 13:17

sanguine wrote:
    eddie1 wrote:and the slimy Cherub is editing low carbers posts. Business as usual at the flog.

Who's having their posts edited at the moment?

Andy was edited yesterday and Dannyw had some posts removed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 01:43