THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
Paul1976
zand
6 posters

Weight Watcher's Loves Low Carb

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Weight Watcher's Loves Low Carb Empty Weight Watcher's Loves Low Carb

Post by Eddie Tue Jan 06 2015, 15:44

Weight Watcher's launch Low Carb New Year diet plan.

Over at the Express newspaper they run an article on the Weight Watchers New Year diet plan. Much to my amazement there is a lot of low carb grub listed and definitely a step in the right direction. But, there is always a but, they seem to be hedging their bets. Lot's of talk of low fat, while recommending high fat foods and also a get out of jail free card should it all go pear shaped with this comment. "Lower carb doesn't mean no carbs, as we know that's not a healthy approach to weight loss. Instead this is about enjoying lighter carbs with a focus on satisfying proteins. It is important to include healthy, especially wholegrain, carbohydrates in your meals each day so you'll see some throughout the diet."

OK a few contradictory statements, but a massive step in the right direction. Yet again we see ever more outfits recommending low carb. In the six years or more I have been promoting low carb, it has gone from only practised by freaky eaters and is now becoming mainstream.

Onwards and upwards.

Full story here http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/550295/Ultimate-New-Year-diet
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Weight Watcher's Loves Low Carb Empty Re: Weight Watcher's Loves Low Carb

Post by zand Tue Jan 06 2015, 15:53

Well Eddie they need to still promote 'lighter carbs' or else the Heinz Weight Watchers range of ready meals wouldn't sell would they? Wink
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Tue Jan 06 2015, 16:06

Very positive indeed! Needs tweaking in places as it seems a bit like kenny boys Low carb-Low fat-Low calorie diet in places and there's a bit of sat fat bashing going on and promotion of the dreaded '1 Kcal spray oil' going on too(Duggie would approve HaHa! ) BUT definitely a big step in the right direction...I see Tesco diets offer 'Atkins' as a diet plan option too which is surprising but good.

I saw Gloria Hunniford on the box yesterday and she was saying how she didn't want to develop diabetes like some of her family and how she ditched the carbs big time and lost loads of weight and found myself applauding at the TV! Shame Davina McCall was on the same show stating that dropping the carbs wasn't necessary and all we need to do is switch to 'Brown' carbs instead! Evil or Very Mad

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Tue Jan 06 2015, 16:14

zand wrote:Well Eddie they need to still promote 'lighter carbs'  or else the Heinz Weight Watchers range of ready meals wouldn't sell would they?  Wink

I was talking to a very learned man a couple of days ago and he said this "so many people disregard sound information they get for free, but believe the information far more when they have paid for it" That got me thinking, maybe I should look seriously at starting a new business charging to help people to lose weight and control their diabetes.

BTW I was contacted yesterday by a journalist from the Daily Mail, we discussed low carb for some time. Chloe is putting together an article for the women's health section about women who have lost weight, or controlled their diabetes with a low carb diet, anyone up for it?

The contact details Chloe Lambert 07768 751 426
    j

Male Posts : 111

Post by j Tue Jan 06 2015, 18:02

what about a cure diabetes book for $30 and miracle supplements for $10 a week? They are always popular. No one really wants to change their diet.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Tue Jan 06 2015, 18:20

Weight Watchers are a huge name in the diet industry, articles like this are a great coup for us and really does mean we're going from a bunch of loons to nearly mainstream :-)
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Tue Jan 06 2015, 18:31

No one really wants to change their diet?

So why did you? Why did I? 

Where would I be now if I hadn't heard about lchf?

I smoked for 30 years knowing it was bad, I was anti anti smokers, but I stopped

I disagree, I think everyone wants to change, they just need the right motivation

I think most of us live in denial most of the time, because denial allows us to take the easy path like running water, I know I do with many things, tbh if that's someone's choice I don't make them wrong, they are only wrong if they bitch about the consequences

Our job isn't to change folks who don't want to change, our job is to give people an option, take the red pill and listen to the lies or take the yellow pill and see the truth even if the truth can mean running uphill

Or as usual I'm talking complete bollocks
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Tue Jan 06 2015, 18:38

lol @Andy12345  No you're not talking bollocks!  I agree with you.

I would have done LCHF 25 years ago if I had known about it.  Unfortunately every time I changed my diet, I changed it for something worse.  I would have loved the option of LCHF way back then.  If only I had waited and not changed a thing until I heard about low carbing..... Rolling Eyes

edit: Or maybe we're both talking bollocks, huh?
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Tue Jan 06 2015, 18:41

Hehe as usual?
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Tue Jan 06 2015, 18:41

lol yeh Smile
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Tue Jan 06 2015, 18:42

LCHF is a bit of a leap of faith ! It goes against everything we've been taught and grown up with so for some, it's a difficult ask. It's only when you start listening to others who've tried it and trawled the info on various websites and forums and slowly begin to understand it makes sense. I do understand why some people struggle with the concept but that's why we're here !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 09:18