THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+8
zand
j
Avocado Sevenfold
graham64
mo1905
Moose
Paul1976
Eddie
12 posters

Dr.Hilary Jones loves our low carb and keto diets HONEST

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Dr.Hilary Jones loves our low carb and keto diets HONEST  Empty Dr.Hilary Jones loves our low carb and keto diets HONEST

Post by Eddie Mon Oct 27 2014, 12:02

Check it out quick folks before it disappears. I wonder if Hilary will be promoting the only sensible way to lose weight and control diabetes with no/minimal meds tonight. Be sure to check out the big debate tonight.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Dr.Hilary Jones loves our low carb and keto diets HONEST  Empty Re: Dr.Hilary Jones loves our low carb and keto diets HONEST

Post by Paul1976 Mon Oct 27 2014, 12:21

Couldn't agree more Doc!!!! cheers Make sure Sid and Phoenix know this and also any folks who say they need a full Glycogen store attained from eating pies and pot noodles to go deep sea diving perhaps? freakout
    Moose
    Moose
    Forum Jester

Dr.Hilary Jones loves our low carb and keto diets HONEST  Empty Re: Dr.Hilary Jones loves our low carb and keto diets HONEST

Post by Moose Mon Oct 27 2014, 16:51

Apparently he join this forum.

Moose
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Mon Oct 27 2014, 17:24

Moose wrote:Apparently he join this forum.

Moose

We give 99.9% of (non offensive) user names including recognisable public figures a go here on the minute offchance that they are for real but until proven to be the genuine article we will be skeptical.

Paul
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Mon Oct 27 2014, 18:10

We even let well known members of the animal kingdom join !
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Mon Oct 27 2014, 18:11

mo1905 wrote:We even let well known members of the animal kingdom join !

And they get given stars and then have them taken away too. Sad
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Mon Oct 27 2014, 18:51

zand wrote:
    mo1905 wrote:We even let well known members of the animal kingdom join !

And they get given stars and then have them taken away too. Sad

They're back now! Smile
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Mon Oct 27 2014, 19:43

From Facebook just now :

Hilary Jones
    In the UK, current NHS diabetes diet advice is that
    there is no special diet for people with diabetes. The best “diet” is a healthy eating plan with
    lots of fruit and vegetables, lean meat and fish and not too much unhealthy
    fats. There is a growing number of people with
    diabetes who focus on the carbohydrate content of their meals and prefer a
    low-carb diet for tight blood glucose level control. If you're looking for
    ideas of what to eat, I'm a fan of the 7 Day Meal Plan as it gives ideas for
    the whole week that you can make lower in carb if you want to, too. http://bit.ly/mealplan7d
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Mon Oct 27 2014, 19:57

mo1905 wrote:From Facebook just now :

Hilary Jones
    there is no special diet for people with diabetes. The best “diet” is a healthy eating plan with
    the whole week that you can make lower in carb if you want to, too. http://bit.ly/mealplan7d

What a Judas!! freakout

I reckon it goes with whichever way the wind blows and if those notes blow in the right direction! Shocked

Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Oct 27 2014, 20:13

Paul wrote:
    mo1905 wrote:From Facebook just now :

Hilary Jones

What a Judas!! freakout

I reckon it goes with whichever way the wind blows and if those notes blow in the right direction! Shocked

I clicked on at least five offers links at DCUK today from free meters to a Halloween cook book, every one went to a marketing questionnaire, as does the link you posted to this place http://bit.ly/mealplan7d Clearly gathering marketing info for the making of money. Hilary Jones et al of this world cannot be trusted, we have evidence of clear reversals of the best way to lose weight and control diabetes. Even Noblehead got it right for once when he said, in a very rare moment of honesty and clear thinking.

"Good old Dr Hilary Jones,

Took a look at the golower video first, I thought this was interesting seeing a doctor advocate a no-carb ketogenic diet, perhaps opinion is changing in the medical profession.........but hold it!

Read the netdoctor article provided by Pheonix, where the good Dr Jones advises against such diets, saying that low-carb diets are risky! Oh dear............. : :?

It would seem that the promise of a sizeable pay cheque is enough to turn opinions! Laughing

Nigel"

Eddie

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/dr-hilary-jones-on-ketogenic-diets.12586/#post-115703
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Mon Oct 27 2014, 20:28

Plenty of sales posts on Facebook ! Take a look:

Diabetes.co.uk Have a look at www.type2testing.com - the Type 2 Testing Program provides a meter, test strips and a structured test plan delivered to you. After 6 months, the average HbA1c for people in the program dropped by 0.9%. It's a LOT cheaper than £19 for 50 strips too.
    Like · 3 · 32 minutes ago · Edited

Billy bonus eh !!
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Mon Oct 27 2014, 20:30

mo1905 wrote:Plenty of sales posts on Facebook ! Take a look:

Diabetes.co.uk Have a look at www.type2testing.com - the Type 2 Testing Program provides a meter, test strips and a structured test plan delivered to you. After 6 months, the average HbA1c for people in the program dropped by 0.9%. It's a LOT cheaper than £19 for 50 strips too.
    Like · 3 · 32 minutes ago · Edited

Billy bonus eh !!

Billy Bullshit more like! Evil or Very Mad
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Mon Oct 27 2014, 20:58

I cannot believe those answers. I am quite depressed now.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Mon Oct 27 2014, 21:14

They would have been better giving the job to the SouthportGP his results with his patients show he knows the way forward in the treatment of diabetics.
    Avocado Sevenfold
    Avocado Sevenfold

Female Posts : 258

Post by Avocado Sevenfold Mon Oct 27 2014, 21:17

zand wrote:I cannot believe those answers.  I am quite depressed now.  

Aaaw babe, cheer up. Have some starch. It's good for ya I love you
    Avocado Sevenfold
    Avocado Sevenfold

Post by Avocado Sevenfold Mon Oct 27 2014, 21:17

Aaaw babe, cheer up. Have some starch. It's good for ya I love you
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Mon Oct 27 2014, 21:18

Avocado Sevenfold wrote:

Aaaw babe, cheer up.  Have some starch. It's good for ya I love you

Gee thanks, I might just do that. Smile
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Oct 27 2014, 21:24

graham64 wrote:They would have been better giving the job to the SouthportGP his results with his patients show he knows the way forward in the treatment of diabetics.

Agree 100% what a waste of time the Dr. Hilary Jones hour was. I expect it will be spun as a great success. I wonder how much he got paid for that bilge and sitting on the fence.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Mon Oct 27 2014, 21:30

eddie1 wrote:
    graham64 wrote:They would have been better giving the job to the SouthportGP his results with his patients show he knows the way forward in the treatment of diabetics.

Agree 100% what a waste of time the Dr. Hilary Jones hour was. I expect it will be spun as a great success. I wonder how much he got paid for that bilge and sitting on the fence.

The questions posed could have been answered by forum members for free Cool
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Mon Oct 27 2014, 21:34

graham64 wrote:
    eddie1 wrote:

The questions posed could have been answered by forum members for free Cool

We could have given better answers too!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Oct 27 2014, 22:18

Question to the Doctor

"I am type 2 diabetic and want to know is: are statins really bad for diabetics?"

Answer

"If you like grapefruit, you should speak to your doctor as people taking certain statins should not consume grapefruit. The interaction between statins and grapefruit could also increase the effect of statins leading to a greater likelihood of experiencing side effects."

Neatly side stepped I reckon and about as much use as a rubber beak on a woodpecker.

Question

What should I be eating to keep BG numbers low and stay healthy.

Answer

Food pale
    Avocado Sevenfold
    Avocado Sevenfold

Post by Avocado Sevenfold Mon Oct 27 2014, 22:21

Hilary Jones: Yes you should aim to maintain your blood glucose below 10 at all times so your average at 6 is very healthy. You are clearly balancing your diet with your activity levels and also monitoring your blood glucose to make sure it is as close to normal as it possibly can be.

Crickey. When I first visited my doc and said, "I think I have diabetes" she did a random afternoon test and I was 10 point something. I hit nine after my pneumonia jab and felt like death warmed up. Surely being that high cannot be healthy in the long term. No quality of life in the short time either. Glad he is not my doctor.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Oct 27 2014, 22:35

eddie1 wrote:Question to the Doctor

"I am type 2 diabetic and want to know is: are statins really bad for diabetics?"

Answer

"If you like grapefruit, you should speak to your doctor as people taking certain statins should not consume grapefruit. The interaction between statins and grapefruit could also increase the effect of statins leading to a greater likelihood of experiencing side effects."

Neatly side stepped I reckon and about as much use as a rubber beak on a woodpecker.

Question

What should I be eating to keep BG numbers low and stay healthy.

Answer

Food pale

DCUK member says to the Doctor

"Well, thanks for not answering that one."

Just about sums up the whole fiasco I reckon.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Oct 27 2014, 22:39

Avocado Sevenfold wrote:

Hilary Jones: Yes you should aim to maintain your blood glucose below 10 at all times so your average at 6 is very healthy. You are clearly balancing your diet with your activity levels and also monitoring your blood glucose to make sure it is as close to normal as it possibly can be.

Crickey.  When I first visited my doc and said, "I think I have diabetes" she did a random afternoon test and I was 10 point something.  I hit nine after my pneumonia jab and felt like death warmed up.  Surely being that high cannot be healthy in the long term.  No quality of life in the short time either.  Glad he is not my doctor.

Regarding the BG quoted it was just a quote of the NICE guidelines cop out, as quoted to the DCUK newbies for years, and we all know are the sort of numbers that almost guarantee diabetic complications in the future.
    j

Male Posts : 111

Post by j Tue Oct 28 2014, 02:17

he just didn't even bother to type something off of a pamphlet for this person..or maybe it wasn't covered in the pamphlet? not even a ..just keep eating the carbs and wacking big doses of insulin
    Diabetes.co.uk Lesley Walton on Facebook asked “Since I was diagnosed type 1, 22 years ago, at every hospital appointment I have asked about my weight. It goes up by 1/2 stone or 6-7 lb every year. No one has taken any notice until last appointment where they told me I was obese , but offered no help to lose weight. Where can I get help and advice from, free of charge.”

perhaps he doesn't like LCHF as much as he professed in the video?

Diabetes.co.uk Raymond Mcmanus on Facebook asked: “With type 2 diabetes what would 3 meals a day consist of? Not on insulin”
    1 · 6 hours ago

Hilary Jones: In the UK, current NHS diabetes diet advice is that
       there is no special diet for people with diabetes. The best “diet” is a healthy eating plan with lots of fruit and vegetables, lean meat and fish and not too much unhealthy fats. There is a growing number of people with diabetes who focus on the carbohydrate content of their meals and prefer a low-carb diet for tight blood glucose level control. If you're looking for ideas of what to eat, I'm a fan of the 7 Day Meal Plan as it gives ideas for the whole week that you can make lower in carb if you want to, too. http://bit.ly/mealplan7d

Diabetes.co.uk I wouldn't say I have a sweet tooth but I do like crisps a lot. Would that be bad for me years down the line??

Hilary Jones: I know crisps are tasty but they are more savory than sweet. They are often very salty with very high fat content. As you know both of these should be kept to a minimum whether you are a diabetic or not but who is to say you shouldn't enjoy the occasional treat provided your blood sugars are usually well controlled.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 07:16